Don't you people ever get tired of this?

Seriously. Talk about taking obsession to the most boring, minutiae-strewn levels possible...

The answer should be self evident I think as we're all here by choice even you o.p

The answer should be self evident I think as we're all here by choice even you o.p

nah, someones gotta gun to my head, of course it's me holding the gun, but still .....;)

Yes, all the time. I'm not here for Morrissey, I'm here for another person. I adore Morrissey, but he is in music and books, he is not here.

Yes, I do get tired of this. There are so many posts about people making fun of Morrissey, criticizing, analyzing to death. I know he had faults but from day one I knew he was really special. It kills me to think that someone like him reads what is on this site. You guys make fun of everything in a very immature and gut wrenching way. He kind of has been picked on all his life because he is different.
A few can relate to that and know how painful it can be when you really do want to fit it.

That's why I look forward to his cancer eating him up inside and him dying so I can see the few sad fans left weep and moan and I will treat myself to ice cream and a bouncy castle for a week.

Yes, I do get tired of this. There are so many posts about people making fun of Morrissey, criticizing, analyzing to death. I know he had faults but from day one I knew he was really special. It kills me to think that someone like him reads what is on this site. You guys make fun of everything in a very immature and gut wrenching way. He kind of has been picked on all his life because he is different.
A few can relate to that and know how painful it can be when you really do want to fit it.

when did he say he wanted to fit in ?

yeah, at this point i just come here for the handful of people that i like (which reminds me, where is my dear sweet gerrit?!). ill always like morrissey but i feel like the subject has been exhausted, the novelty has worn off.

yeah, at this point i just come here for the handful of people that i like (which reminds me, where is my dear sweet gerrit?!). ill always like morrissey but i feel like the subject has been exhausted, the novelty has worn off.

the quarry exhausted ? no more diamonds in the mine?

when did he say he wanted to fit in ?

He wants to be liked if you rather. He does want to be part of the crowd, but he never will be because he is so different <better>. He lies very much so about this. I just know.

the quarry exhausted ? no more diamonds in the mine?

it seems that way, sadly. i used to listen to his music every morning and it would put me in the right frame of mind, but it doesnt seem to have that effect anymore, and unfortunately nothing has replaced it and i cant imagine that anything could :(

good song! :thumb: like i have a quote for every occasion, you seem to have a song for every occasion:p

He wants to be liked if you rather. He does want to be part of the crowd, but he never will be because he is so different <better>. He lies very much so about this. I just know.

I'll have a kebab pizza and a coke, thanks.

Sorry, I never got that impression. I always felt he wanted to be loved/accepted for who he is and not to fit in and in order to 'fit in' he would have to be something that he's not and never can be. No 'lies' no regrets... he's better than the 'crowd' which makes him the rare beauty that he is.

'Set me aside
You'll find people are the same everywhere
Hoist me from the herd
And people are the same everywhere '

Dear Rifke, I am still here.
I thought at a certain moment it was better to leave you alone, just a bit.
I had this feeling you might feel uncomfortable as I was posting and communicating a lot with you.
I just don't want to make you feel uneasy about it.

But you know I still like you a lot and I feel attracted cause you are a girl that can make me laugh.
Intended or not.
I just want to say, I am still right here,
Where I always was (well almost)
Do you recognize this line?
From The Loop? By Moz?
I don't have the same feeling that you have about Moz and the Smiths. I mean that the subject has been exhausted and the novelty has worn off.
But I do understand. It comes and goes but I still find interesting stuff about him. And The Smiths. Allways here at this site. Nowhere else. The music, outtakes, different versions that for instance IR has shared are fabulous and gives insights in how the music, and the lyrics existed in certain stages before they were released.

Maybe I am a bit more obsessed cause he is such an intriguing person.
Love you! :o

Dear Rifke, I am still here.
I thought at a certain moment it was better to leave you alone, just a bit.
I had this feeling you might feel uncomfortable as I was posting and communicating a lot with you.
I just don't want to make you feel uneasy about it.

But you know I still like you a lot and I feel attracted cause you are a girl that can make me laugh.
Intended or not.
I just want to say, I am still right here,
Where I always was (well almost)
Do you recognize this line?
From The Loop? By Moz?
I don't have the same feeling that you have about Moz and the Smiths. I mean that the subject has been exhausted and the novelty has worn off.
But I do understand. It comes and goes but I still find interesting stuff about him. And The Smiths. Allways here at this site. Nowhere else. The music, outtakes, different versions that for instance IR has shared are fabulous and gives insights in how the music, and the lyrics existed in certain stages before they were released.

Maybe I am a bit more obsessed cause he is such an intriguing person.
Love you! :o
oh gosh no, gerrit, you dont make me feel uneasy, dont think that! first of all, how could you? secondly, i am not the kind of person who gets uncomfortable because people are communicating with me a lot (not even when that awful nazi does, so certainly not when you do). to explain the silence on my part (if that's what you've taken for me being uneasy), it's just that lately i've felt my well of words has dried up, im not sure why, and thinking up anything to say has become a gargantuan task. it has nothing to do with you posting to me! i always like your posts!

i dont recognize that line! the loop? is that a song? oops, i guess before i should say the subject of morrissey has been exhausted i should actually listen to everything he's done first. :oops::p i still find the subject of moz the person intriguing of course, but of course there are lots of other intriguing people too, and at the end of the day he's just a person. to be honest, i guess im a little resentful of anyone who, because they are famous, is just generally assumed to be more intriguing than anyone else. there are lots of regular people who are intriguing too. of course, i must remember still that none of them have such a prodigious eyebrow ridge or fine collection of blazers.

on the subject of intriguing people, i ordered 'requiem! i wish it would hurry up and get here!. im also really enjoying van goghs letters and finding really interesting the passages relating to his theory of art and colour.

anyway, nice talking to you again gerrit! love you toooooooooooooooo.

oh gosh no, gerrit, you dont make me feel uneasy, dont think that! first of all, how could you? secondly, i am not the kind of person who gets uncomfortable because people are communicating with me a lot (not even when that awful nazi does, so certainly not when you do). to explain the silence on my part (if that's what you've taken for me being uneasy), it's just that lately i've felt my well of words has dried up, im not sure why, and thinking up anything to say has become a gargantuan task. it has nothing to do with you posting to me! i always like your posts!

i dont recognize that line! the loop? is that a song? oops, i guess before i should say the subject of morrissey has been exhausted i should actually listen to everything he's done first. :oops::p i still find the subject of moz the person intriguing of course, but of course there are lots of other intriguing people too, and at the end of the day he's just a person. to be honest, i guess im a little resentful of anyone who, because they are famous, is just generally assumed to be more intriguing than anyone else. there are lots of regular people who are intriguing too. of course, i must remember still that none of them have such a prodigious eyebrow ridge or fine collection of blazers.

on the subject of intriguing people, i ordered 'requiem! i wish it would hurry up and get here!. im also really enjoying van goghs letters and finding really interesting the passages relating to his theory of art and colour.

anyway, nice talking to you again gerrit! love you toooooooooooooooo.

I'm glad you're okay by yourself. :)
And at least you don't have to worrie about the well of words drying up cause it will be filled again when the sources of inspiration are Vincent Van Gogh and PPP.
Your enthusiasm and general broad interests have not flawed.
On the contrary. You can't expect from yourself the well of words is allways at your disposal.
It doesn't work that way.

And of course, your encounters with grocery store Moz, videostore guy or gal or any other encounter with regular people who ARE indeed as intriguing as the "famous" when YOU describe them.
And your thoughts and feelings when it happens. They seem original and personal and tragic, funny and very Rifkean.

I hope you will like Requiem but I can't imagine you won't cause to me it is the best written biography I have ever read. Very detailed and getting close to the artist as a person.
The enormous compassion and interest of the writer doesn't effects his critical insights.
And from the moment on you start to read it becomes a thriller.
A very good one that is. I couldn't lay the book aside and was on sickleave for a week from my job.
You just want to go on reading and I guess I was obsessed by it.
But so thrilling and inspiring.
:thumb:

I'm glad you're okay by yourself. :)
And at least you don't have to worrie about the well of words drying up cause it will be filled again when the sources of inspiration are Vincent Van Gogh and PPP.
Your enthusiasm and general broad interests have not flawed.
On the contrary. You can't expect from yourself the well of words is allways at your disposal.
It doesn't work that way.

And of course, your encounters with grocery store Moz, videostore guy or gal or any other encounter with regular people who ARE indeed as intriguing as the "famous" when YOU describe them.
And your thoughts and feelings when it happens. They seem original and personal and tragic, funny and very Rifkean.

I hope you will like Requiem but I can't imagine you won't cause to me it is the best written biography I have ever read. Very detailed and getting close to the artist as a person.
The enormous compassion and interest of the writer doesn't effects his critical insights.
And from the moment on you start to read it becomes a thriller.
A very good one that is. I couldn't lay the book aside and was on sickleave for a week from my job.
You just want to go on reading and I guess I was obsessed by it.
But so thrilling and inspiring.
:thumb:
noooo, that's the problem though gerrit, rather than inspiring me with words, i think all my reading has depleted me of them! because, see, ive been reading so much that now im in "reading mode" and cant write a single line. in order to get back into "message board mode" i would probably need to spend a whole afternoon here just doing nothing but making little replies here and there. but what a waste of time that would be! william s. burroughs said the word is a virus, and that's true. the more i post, the more i want to post. but when i dont post at all, suddenly it seems impossible to post anything. (by the way, on the subject of william s. burroughs, i bought naked lunch. is it just me or is this a rather difficult read?)

im sure that i will like requiem! im wanting to read more biographies of people lately. i want to find ones on egon schiele and camille claudel as well. i like how biographies tell you not just about the person but also about the time in which they lived. as for pasolini, i could see how he could become an obsession.

ha, rifkean, i like the sound of that! :p

Back
Top Bottom