Dope? doing drugs

I will smoke pot till the day I die.. @DamiemDempsey, I burned myself out on LSD in Jr. High. Mushrooms never agreed with me.. Oh I took them back then but that was from 86-90.. Then moved to tons of drugs..lol.. I have kicked all dope except gonga and drinking. Only advice, have fun, don't do pain pills over 3 days, don't blow a ton of money on coke..

Roky

I will smoke pot till the day I die.. @DamiemDempsey, I burned myself out on LSD in Jr. High. Mushrooms never agreed with me.. Oh I took them back then but that was from 86-90.. Then moved to tons of drugs..lol.. I have kicked all dope except gonga and drinking. Only advice, have fun, don't do pain pills over 3 days, don't blow a ton of money on coke..

Roky
Hey Roky, sound advice. It annoys me that I am criminalised for smoking dope. I am not a criminal, it is my right to bolloxed.

Hey hey, smoke weed everyday.
tumblr_l7dpxo62nz1qc0m6fo1_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What drugs am I on??? I "know" a guy that just got out of jail, (again) for a simple possession charge of Ganga.. Did a week in county instead of paying $500.00.... Do the time keep the money... IMO

Did all sorts myself back in late 80's and 90's. My opinion now of drugs is that they are shit and you gain nothing from taking them. When I think of all the times I spent out of my head I just struggle to say what I actually gained from it - absolutely nothing. Sadly, they can and do lead to 'harder' substances and addictions in a lot of cases - it affects so many families, and if people pass judgements that have never experienced that damage it's only a matter of time before it touches their or their children's/grandchildrens lives because it WILL eventually. I tend to find drug users to be negative people with nothing more interesting going on in their lives - perhaps that's how I was when I was doing it. It went on for years, magic mushrooms, LSD, poppers, cannabis, half an ounce of skunk between me and my friend every day doing bongs and stuff, total drug blow-outs lasting 3 days at a time in Amsterdam's coffee shops, going to raves tripping out of our heads and hallucinating all night, lol. What was the point? I actively avoid the company of users now. Never thought I would say that but it's true.

Did all sorts myself back in late 80's and 90's. My opinion now of drugs is that they are shit and you gain nothing from taking them. When I think of all the times I spent out of my head I just struggle to say what I actually gained from it - absolutely nothing. Sadly, they can and do lead to 'harder' substances and addictions in a lot of cases - it affects so many families, and if people pass judgements that have never experienced that damage it's only a matter of time before it touches their or their children's/grandchildrens lives because it WILL eventually. I tend to find drug users to be negative people with nothing more interesting going on in their lives - perhaps that's how I was when I was doing it. It went on for years, magic mushrooms, LSD, poppers, cannabis, half an ounce of skunk between me and my friend every day doing bongs and stuff, total drug blow-outs lasting 3 days at a time in Amsterdam's coffee shops, going to raves tripping out of our heads and hallucinating all night, lol. What was the point? I actively avoid the company of users now. Never thought I would say that but it's true.
#
Hi Reggie-Kray, I'm pleased to hear you have your act together. It sounds like you went through a very difficult time. Well done for moving on.
May I put an alternative view. In no way do I want to dismiss the knowledge you've gained through your experiences but such as it is, my experience informs me thus. Putting Class A drugs aside, I have found that with me and friends, lower grade drugs very much fufill the function of that other well used drug, alchohol. Our lives are not driven, directed by or centred on drugs. Drugs, like drink, are merely a bit of fun for ones free time. We all have jobs and families and do not see cannabis as a gateway to harder stuff. Indeed in my experience, alchohol has destroyed lives (my sister died 2 years ago after years of alchohol abuse).
Drugs can be a problem, as can alchohol, food, sugar, caffine or certain types of obsessive behaviour. But I don't believe that it is the nature of these things themselves that are the problem but the context in which they are indulged in. That Cannabis is seen as a gateway drug I think is because of the legal status it shares with class A's.
Let me know your thoughts on this.

#
Hi Reggie-Kray, I'm pleased to hear you have your act together. It sounds like you went through a very difficult time. Well done for moving on.
May I put an alternative view. In no way do I want to dismiss the knowledge you've gained through your experiences but such as it is, my experience informs me thus. Putting Class A drugs aside, I have found that with me and friends, lower grade drugs very much fufill the function of that other well used drug, alchohol. Our lives are not driven, directed by or centred on drugs. Drugs, like drink, are merely a bit of fun for ones free time. We all have jobs and families and do not see cannabis as a gateway to harder stuff. Indeed in my experience, alchohol has destroyed lives (my sister died 2 years ago after years of alchohol abuse).
Drugs can be a problem, as can alchohol, food, sugar, caffine or certain types of obsessive behaviour. But I don't believe that it is the nature of these things themselves that are the problem but the context in which they are indulged in. That Cannabis is seen as a gateway drug I think is because of the legal status it shares with class A's.
Let me know your thoughts on this.

My own experience, much as yours is, was a purely recreational thing. I do take your point about abuse vs. occasional use though, and I was always quick to use the same argument. I used to go with the argument that everything should be legalised to take the black market and criminal element out of it, the cost to innocent people who are robbed and burgled by users of hard drugs to feed habits, the cost to everybody who pays housing insurance because of it, the cost of policing not only trying to catch and prosecute dealers and users, but also trying to catch above mentioned burglars. then there is the cost of crown prosecution, possible imprisonment, monitoring offenders on bail and under conditional release. The whole cycle is insane. There has to come a point where it is cheaper to legalise, or de-criminalise than it is to have the current situation. A lot of arguments for that. But then you have still have the problem of abuse vs. occasional use. Families will still be torn apart by users' behaviour, breakdown of relationships, mood swings, apathy, bad health and so on. I'm not just saying I would legalise everything and we all stop worrying about it. You still end up with people who have drug problems.
Alcohol is no better in terms of health, I take your point there, no question. But Friday night punch-ups aside, the cost to society is nowhere near what the drug epidemic is costing unless you consider drink drivers and there is a good argument for moderate drinking as a social pastime and economical function.
I don't really know, I kind of take both arguments. Perhaps I just grew up and got bored of it and found other things, but mainly I'm personally affected by drug abuse at present and I maybe wish that it would all just go away altogetherb:straightface:

My own experience, much as yours is, was a purely recreational thing. I do take your point about abuse vs. occasional use though, and I was always quick to use the same argument. I used to go with the argument that everything should be legalised to take the black market and criminal element out of it, the cost to innocent people who are robbed and burgled by users of hard drugs to feed habits, the cost to everybody who pays housing insurance because of it, the cost of policing not only trying to catch and prosecute dealers and users, but also trying to catch above mentioned burglars. then there is the cost of crown prosecution, possible imprisonment, monitoring offenders on bail and under conditional release. The whole cycle is insane. There has to come a point where it is cheaper to legalise, or de-criminalise than it is to have the current situation. A lot of arguments for that. But then you have still have the problem of abuse vs. occasional use. Families will still be torn apart by users' behaviour, breakdown of relationships, mood swings, apathy, bad health and so on. I'm not just saying I would legalise everything and we all stop worrying about it. You still end up with people who have drug problems.
Alcohol is no better in terms of health, I take your point there, no question. But Friday night punch-ups aside, the cost to society is nowhere near what the drug epidemic is costing unless you consider drink drivers and there is a good argument for moderate drinking as a social pastime and economical function.
I don't really know, I kind of take both arguments. Perhaps I just grew up and got bored of it and found other things, but mainly I'm personally affected by drug abuse at present and I maybe wish that it would all just go away altogetherb:straightface:
Thank you Reggie Kray, for a such a thoughtful and considered reply. Do you not think that actually the cost to society of alchohol is much greater? Surely the number of users is vastly bigger. Maybe I am being influenced too much by my experience. In my family we have a number of drinkers and it's not a pleasant sight. Regardless, you are obviously casting a keen and critical eye on the subject. Respect!

Must admit I have a fondness for ketamine once in a blue moon, especially when the pharmaceutical grade is available OTC in most chemists in India. ;)

Roky

Only ever do FREE coke. I just don't feel anything but numb in my nose/back of my throat, and a bit chatty. And I've had el puro, peruvian flake sort of stuff and it just doesn't do anything for me.
Same with e's, had stuff everybody else was f***in sideways bouncin on, and felt NOTHING.
EVERYTIME!! Over the course of a decade and a half, tried time and time again, in many different countries..it couldn't have all been bunk shit.
I have a bizarre neurochemistry, though, pain pills make me hyper, stay up for days, speed knocks me out.
The only thing that does what it's supposed to are benzos.
Excellent advice on not taking pain pills for more than three days, though, now this, I know thereof I speak.
One definitely doesn't want to take hydrocodone/oxycodone/demerol/morphine/hydromorphone/methadone (pain clinic, not heroin replacement, I've never done H..haha, a laundry list like mine, and she's NEVER even been in the same ROOM with H!!) for 16 years whilst a team of inept doctors try to find the full term fetus sized (8 1/2 lb) gall bladder rotting in one's gut! I have had more legit scripts in a single year for schedule II's than most people will ever see in a lifetime with a cancer diagnosis! The worst part is, I was in so much pain, unless I took a fistful of them, there was no buzz after about the first two years. I just hurt all the time, and after a while, I began to think it was just me wanting dope, probably some psychosomatic bullshit whereby my brain convinced my body to go get some more pills. When they cut that necrotic, stone-laden, and gangrened bastard out of me, it was just about to rupture, (which would have killed me), at the ripe old age of 31, no less! Doc said it would have been diseased since birth, and that would've been why I had such horrorshow colic as a child. Lots of weirdness began to make perfect sense about my life. It took about a year to recover from feeling weird, missing an organ and generally being queasy all the time. But, when I did, I kicked all the scripts and have since felt so amazing! The first few months of being clean, (quit cold turkey, I was on 80 mgs of methadone when I decided I'd had enough..) I had all this static electricity in me! I would throw an arc between me and the door handle of the car, or anything metal, (in the dark, it was quite magickal!!)
My body's electrical system was dampened for so long, and it when it came back on line, it nearly blew a circuit!
Lots of senses come back into focus when clean!
I had no idea how badly I felt til I felt better.
And let me add, if it hadn't been for pot all those years, I would have wasted away from not being able to eat..bad gall bladders make one puke, loads!
I just thought it was because I'd had food poisoning and stomach viruses more than anyone else on the planet!
If you ever feel a white hot burning in your diaphragm, like at the sternum where the two sides of the rib cage meet, get thee to a hospital!
That's bad news and something is waaay wrong.
Also, if you ever get really sick, (puke, sweat out of your scalp, can't stand up from pain) fifteen minutes after eating a greasy meal, it's a gall bladder attack!
I had quite an ordeal, but I would've done drugs anyway, I just got lucky and had an excuse for getting them and an excuse for getting off them.
Everything in moderation is sound advice.
Live to do drugs another day!!
I think it is crucial to de-criminalize and regulate, all of them , not just this one or that one.
There are more people incarcerated in the US for simple drug crimes than in the WHOLE of WESTERN EUROPE, FOR ALL CRIMES!!!
Something's gotta give!!
Oh, and we should re-instate prohibition...alcohol is evil and almost everyone alive drinks or is planning on it..
I'm proud to say, my belly full of extra bile never would hold it down, so, I am not now, nor have I EVER been, a drinker.
And I have seen the devastation it causes, so I am even a bit judgmental about it.
sorry, this is long, I shut up now.

Last edited:
Only ever do FREE coke. I just don't feel anything but numb in my nose/back of my throat, and a bit chatty. And I've had el puro, peruvian flake sort of stuff and it just doesn't do anything for me.
Same with e's, had stuff everybody else was f***in sideways bouncin on, and felt NOTHING.
EVERYTIME!! Over the course of a decade and a half, tried time and time again, in many different countries..it couldn't have all been bunk shit.
I have a bizarre neurochemistry, though, pain pills make me hyper, stay up for days, speed knocks me out.
The only thing that does what it's supposed to are benzos.
Excellent advice on not taking pain pills for more than three days, though, now this, I know thereof I speak.
One definitely doesn't want to take hydrocodone/oxycodone/demerol/morphine/hydromorphone/methadone (pain clinic, not heroin replacement, I've never done H..haha, a laundry list like mine, and she's NEVER even been in the same ROOM with H!!) for 16 years whilst a team of inept doctors try to find the full term fetus sized (8 1/2 lb) gall bladder rotting in one's gut! I have had more legit scripts in a single year for schedule II's than most people will ever see in a lifetime with a cancer diagnosis! The worst part is, I was in so much pain, unless I took a fistful of them, there was no buzz after about the first two years. I just hurt all the time, and after a while, I began to think it was just me wanting dope, probably some psychosomatic bullshit whereby my brain convinced my body to go get some more pills. When they cut that necrotic, stone-laden, and gangrened bastard out of me, it was just about to rupture, (which would have killed me), at the ripe old age of 31, no less! Doc said it would have been diseased since birth, and that would've been why I had such horrorshow colic as a child. Lots of weirdness began to make perfect sense about my life. It took about a year to recover from feeling weird, missing an organ and generally being queasy all the time. But, when I did, I kicked all the scripts and have since felt so amazing! The first few months of being clean, (quit cold turkey, I was on 80 mgs of methadone when I decided I'd had enough..) I had all this static electricity in me! I would throw an arc between me and the door handle of the car, or anything metal, (in the dark, it was quite magickal!!)
My body's electrical system was dampened for so long, and it when it came back on line, it nearly blew a circuit!
Lots of senses come back into focus when clean!
I had no idea how badly I felt til I felt better.
And let me add, if it hadn't been for pot all those years, I would have wasted away from not being able to eat..bad gall bladders make one puke, loads!
I just thought it was because I'd had food poisoning and stomach viruses more than anyone else on the planet!
If you ever feel a white hot burning in your diaphragm, like at the sternum where the two sides of the rib cage meet, get thee to a hospital!
That's bad news and something is waaay wrong.
Also, if you ever get really sick, (puke, sweat out of your scalp, can't stand up from pain) fifteen minutes after eating a greasy meal, it's a gall bladder attack!
I had quite an ordeal, but I would've done drugs anyway, I just got lucky and had an excuse for getting them and an excuse for getting off them.
Everything in moderation is sound advice.
Live to do drugs another day!!
I think it is crucial to de-criminalize and regulate, all of them , not just this one or that one.
There are more people incarcerated in the US for simple drug crimes than in the WHOLE of WESTERN EUROPE, FOR ALL CRIMES!!!
Something's gotta give!!
Oh, and we should re-instate prohibition...alcohol is evil and almost everyone alive drinks or is planning on it..
I'm proud to say, my belly full of extra bile never would hold it down, so, I am not now, nor have I EVER been, a drinker.
And I have seen the devastation it causes, so I am even a bit judgmental about it.
sorry, this is long, I shut up now.

:eek: OMG you've been through hell!

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom