Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theatre (June 20, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Liam Temple

Review: Morrissey – Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline 20 June 2011 - Jocknroll Ain't Noise Pollution
link posted by miseryguts

Morrissey - Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline, Mon 20 June 2011 by Malcolm Jack, The List.
link from Kays

Last edited:
Brilliant gig last night. Loved the set list. My favourites were, Shoplifters, Sunday, there is a light, I know it’s over and Meat is Murder. I thought the three new songs sounded great live, although that was probably the quietist part of the night. Morrissey made a comment, something like “I think I lost your attention for a little while but that’s understandable. So lets not go on about it”

Great crowd, really enthusiastic witch moz seemed to respond to, lots of handshakes. No stage invasions but one crowd surfer came close, only to be pushed away by a some very alert security.

The biggest cheer of the night, to my ears anyway was when Moz and the band came back on for the encore, Moz responded by putting both hands on his heart and throwing his hands out to the crowd. I thought that was a nice gesture. Also after This charming man instead of just saying goodbye and running off, he actually stood on stage for a few seconds looked out to crowd and took a few bows to show his appreciation, which really makes a difference when your in the audience.

I thought the Alhambra was a great venue. Small but cosy and a great atmosphere. I hope he decides to come back on future tours because it’s the closest venue from where I live, about a 20 minute drive. But then for a gig like last night I’d probably travel any distance.

Thanks Moz. X

Nice review from a great artist, no less.

Re: Article: Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theater (June 20, 2011) post-show

With your picture(s) on my wall. Even though I am leaving, house, a half life disappears today but then there are a few pictures left anyways.
My favorite picture is the one with you on the cover of YOR, where you are holding your beautiful precious son Sebastien and it‘s still there. I also still have the Swords cover picture, but the pictures on the wall have to come down soon. All.
They will be put up again wherever I end up.

I think that there should be more videos on YouTube of you performing AIMMN and then, because Action at this particular time June 20, 2011, Action is my favorite new song which in my opinion has topped anything on YOR songs. Even though I still love the other two new songs, People, etc. and Looker. I am not writing out the full names as my secretary Stan is typing this out for me as I’m on a thousand downers now, I’m drowsy. And he is lazy.

I’m just like you in a way.
I heard that you said that the fans are not too talkative at your concerts recently. You shouldn’t worry about them being overly chatterly to you so much at your concerts. Do you remember in the early 90s when you used to just say Thank You? I do.

I’m your biggest fan.

Truly yours

Your biggest fan

This is Bonnie

P.S. Everything you say is real. Because you tell it. My bf is jealous cause I talk about you 24/7. Because he don’t know you like I know you Morrissey. No one does.

P.P.S. We should be together too.

I didn't know this was a fan site for eminem.

Did the bloke who was filming with a small video camera get to keep the footage ? I think he got maybe the first 3 or 4 songs before being huckled by security, he was in the centre about 6 rows back from the front. A girl in front of me also got taken away for using a camera, were they deleting the memory cards ?

overall, 7/10 gig for me, at times he was superb, the version of speedway they played being best rendition i've heard of that song, at other points a bit lacking...playing 3 new songs in a row, then moaning about the crowd reaction seems a bit retorical...mix the songs in better...cover version was ok, but with so many songs to choose from seems a waste of time for him to play anything he hasn't wrote himself.

meat is murder....tired.....the notion of projecting archive meat production video footage onto a picture of sascha distel holding a girl in a bathing suit didn't really sit for me...morrissey just making a fool of himself if he thinks otherwise...

sadly only gig on the scottish tour i got to see since was in spain for the Sonar festival, i'm banking on him being back in glasgow/edinburgh later in the year, i will be there, he still has the voice, the charisma and will also be one of my musical favourites.​

I didn't know this was a fan site for eminem.

No,and yes you’re right. This ain’t no Eminem website.
Is there even one main one Eminem one like this one. Right here, right now on the floor. Why would I even go on a Slim Shady website for?

I’d never type in the name Slim Shady or Eminem. I never did a search on that rapper, any rapper for that matter. I don’t know anything about Marshall Mathers

I do know about the author of Alma Matters.

Things happen for a reason.
It was around a month or two ago when B & N, Borders had no Morrissey, I grabbed Eminem’s Recovery. Then when David Bitch surfaced like when I was a little girl when a jelly fish in the ocean would sting me.
I was crying, I was sad.
So I unwrapped the CD, made the decision. Then stuck it in and I learned a valuable lesson. Seasons in the sun.
I believe in destiny.
But I believe in and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Not just musically.
It isn’t just cause he has the most beautiful angel voice in the whole wide world. Even though that’s just a fact. That isn’t the only reason I love my baby. It isn’t just “that”. The reasons are countless. No numbers are attainable to explain the unexplainable, inexplicable. Comparable.
Eminem is like Satan, the Devil. Morrissey is like soul mates, IS love, guardian angel. And it doesn’t stop there.

Because Eminem to me is evil.

If Morrissey even read the words in my journal, then he’d realize numbers do not exist, the numbers might as well be tackled and chart position don’t matter because they are wrongfully placed, they made a mistake. Eminem shouldn’t be charted where he is. Morrissey should be there instead.
And that’s understandable. Because chart number positions are just an annoyance, a hassle.

Some certain things need to remain secret and, they have, shall, and they always will. Test the water.
Before you go in more. I see it’s the way you like it. It’s the way you feel comfortable.

Then you venture in until it gets up to your neck.
I bite my initials on it, but then when you finally finish swimming, the water hasn’t washed them away. The letters are still visible. It’s incredible.

Eminem and his music are kind of like a messenger from me to me.
From you to me.
From me to you.
From her to her.

I Love you and I miss you my baby

Backhandedly yours,

Your biggest fan

This is Bonnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-jMpcQ6L1c

Heres my effort with phone, did capture the Cheezit hand over !!

morrissey looks like he's seen the light. dunfermline better than perth tho he seems more into it now and the voice is sounding much stronger. the new songs get better sounding everytime. there's loads of songs he can choose from but my favourites at the moment are friday mourning and in the future when all's well and there's always IHFJ - .......Jesus - do you hate me? [no he doesn't, it just seems that way when satan attacks].

No,and yes you’re right. This ain’t no Eminem website.
Is there even one main one Eminem one like this one. Right here, right now on the floor. Why would I even go on a Slim Shady website for?

I’d never type in the name Slim Shady or Eminem. I never did a search on that rapper, any rapper for that matter. I don’t know anything about Marshall Mathers

I do know about the author of Alma Matters.

Things happen for a reason.
It was around a month or two ago when B & N, Borders had no Morrissey, I grabbed Eminem’s Recovery. Then when David Bitch surfaced like when I was a little girl when a jelly fish in the ocean would sting me.
I was crying, I was sad.
So I unwrapped the CD, made the decision. Then stuck it in and I learned a valuable lesson. Seasons in the sun.
I believe in destiny.
But I believe in and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Not just musically.
It isn’t just cause he has the most beautiful angel voice in the whole wide world. Even though that’s just a fact. That isn’t the only reason I love my baby. It isn’t just “that”. The reasons are countless. No numbers are attainable to explain the unexplainable, inexplicable. Comparable.
Eminem is like Satan, the Devil. Morrissey is like soul mates, IS love, guardian angel. And it doesn’t stop there.

Because Eminem to me is evil.

If Morrissey even read the words in my journal, then he’d realize numbers do not exist, the numbers might as well be tackled and chart position don’t matter because they are wrongfully placed, they made a mistake. Eminem shouldn’t be charted where he is. Morrissey should be there instead.
And that’s understandable. Because chart number positions are just an annoyance, a hassle.

Some certain things need to remain secret and, they have, shall, and they always will. Test the water.
Before you go in more. I see it’s the way you like it. It’s the way you feel comfortable.

Then you venture in until it gets up to your neck.
I bite my initials on it, but then when you finally finish swimming, the water hasn’t washed them away. The letters are still visible. It’s incredible.

Eminem and his music are kind of like a messenger from me to me.
From you to me.
From me to you.
From her to her.

I Love you and I miss you my baby

Backhandedly yours,

Your biggest fan

This is Bonnie

get some help

I have to laugh at the review of monday's Morrissey gig in this week's Dunfermline Press.

"Others with a more expert ear, or John Kerr from 96 Tears, reckoned the band weren't so hot but no-one complained after a near 90 minute performance"

Firstly, it was more like 80 minutes and secondly, who the hell is John Kerr and who, outwith the band's immediate family, knows who 96 Tears are or were?

I can believe the paper's sub-editor, assuming it has one, allowed this nonsense in what preports to be a serious newspaper. Get back to reporting dog fouling and council sub-committee meetings.

Not quite just back. Went to a few bars after. It was amazing. Morrissey please come again. It was far better than the Caird Hall. The crowd showed you that for sure, and I think Morrissey seen that for himself.
I have now been to Perth and Dunfermline and I cant believe these anonymous people keep saying hes shit.
I think having been to every tour since 1990 that we are now witnessing the very best yet.
OK hope everyone has a good concert down south and abroad, I have had my quota now.
The message from myself is you are in for a real treat.
P.S.. Please do not wear anything warm, you will only sweat.
Goodnight and thank you.
Charles.

Totally amazing and unbeliveable and fantastic and i swear to god he looked up at the upper circle straight at me (i was near the front leaping about in my seat like a loon) (to be fair that may have been why!! :) )

Morrissey please please come back to Scotland soon - i love you!!

PS Charlie did you used to knick about with my husband Stephen in mid fife in the mid eighties??

Love Laura M

Great gig.

For the 1st 4 or 5 songs the atmosphere was electric and you could see that Morrissey was really up for it. Quite surprising really after Brother left the crowd a bit bored imo. When it slowed down a bit he spoke to the audience and said it was ok and he understood that 3 new songs in a row and the crowd lost a bit of interest but I disagree, its seemed a bit quieter because the songs were all quite slow. Re jig the set list a tiny bit and excellent momentum would have carried all the way through without the little lull.

Im so glad he played Speedway it was amazing ! Never heard it at the other gig I went to and its now probably my favourite song.

Come back next year Mozza !

Hi all,

I just noticed that photos from David Wardle who was the/one photographer of the gig in Dunfermline can now be viewed on his website. The photos had been password protected, but that has been removed now.

Try
http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/davidwardlephotography/albums/events/176731/browse/0/?w=625&h=525

or, if this does not work, from homepage http://davidwardlephotography.com/ follow Gallery, then in new window View your pictures, Events, and so on.

Unfortunately, the music played on the website does not even slightly remind of Morrissey.

I wish you all a brilliant time with a more than brilliant Morrissey, hoping to see a lot of you in Berlin,
Anita

Thank you, lovely. :):cool:

Hi all,

I just noticed that photos from David Wardle who was the/one photographer of the gig in Dunfermline can now be viewed on his website. The photos had been password protected, but that has been removed now.

Try
http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/davidwardlephotography/albums/events/176731/browse/0/?w=625&h=525

or, if this does not work, from homepage http://davidwardlephotography.com/ follow Gallery, then in new window View your pictures, Events, and so on.

Unfortunately, the music played on the website does not even slightly remind of Morrissey.

I wish you all a brilliant time with a more than brilliant Morrissey, hoping to see a lot of you in Berlin,
Anita

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom