Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theatre (June 20, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Liam Temple

Review: Morrissey – Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline 20 June 2011 - Jocknroll Ain't Noise Pollution
link posted by miseryguts

Morrissey - Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline, Mon 20 June 2011 by Malcolm Jack, The List.
link from Kays

Last edited:
Re: Article: Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theater (June 20, 2011) post-show

And does anyone know what was in the red box that someone in the front row handed over? We were too far back to make out what it was.

The red box was a packet of Cheez-It crackers, which would seem an odd gift so maybe the contents had been devoured and replaced by something else.

Posting from my taxi home but I have NEVER seen him better. Yeah, the sets now are a sprint to finish - tonight was 80mins end to end - but my god, the passion he put into every song. His voice was perfect, the time off has definitely healed him up, there was no cracking or wavering of notes and even better, no grunting or skipping lyrics.

Meat is Murder on this tour is ....almost scary. "Kill.Eat.Murder" sent shivers down my spine. The band were tight, so tight. All the Jesse haters, you might not like his sound but damn, he really can play live.

A triumphant night. Can't wait to see what he does for Glastonbury. Oh and if he wears a 'Steven "Action" Morrissey' tshirt- black with red sparkly letters - its one I had made for him.

GC

Love this post!! I am also gripped for Glastonbury and what might unfold there. I think we are witnessing a whole new momentum of Morrisseydom. NEVER has he sounded better and yet another layer of sexiness has been peeled off.

I cannot stand George Alagiah.

That was hilarious when he put that into the 'Satellite' cover! The man's a comedy genius!
Dunfermline was the best show I've been to in many a year. I love it when Moz tours without an album to plug....so many brill songs in his setlist. Great venue, helpful staff and the crowd were well up for it too. A top night out....high 5's all round! If you have yet to see him you're in for a real treat!
Come back to Scotland soon Moz.....love from Tommy's Da.

That was hilarious when he put that into the 'Satellite' cover! The man's a comedy genius!
Dunfermline was the best show I've been to in many a year. I love it when Moz tours without an album to plug....so many brill songs in his setlist. Great venue, helpful staff and the crowd were well up for it too. A top night out....high 5's all round! If you have yet to see him you're in for a real treat!
Come back to Scotland soon Moz.....love from Tommy's Da.

What was the actual line?

What was the actual line?

Where in the original Lou would sing: " I watched it for a little while / I love to watch things on TV..", Moz sang : "I watched it for a little while / because I cannot stand George Aligeya on TV...."
....I'm pretty sure that was the line

Can anyone let me know what his stage times have been on this tour?

Off to York on Saturday and would like to be on the 11ish train back to Manchester! Otherwise its 2.30am and back home at daft-o-clock.

Off to York on Saturday and would like to be on the 11ish train back to Manchester! Otherwise its 2.30am and back home at daft-o-clock.

Support off by 8.30. Films until 9pm and then Morrissey for approximately 75-80 minutes.

Support off by 8.30. Films until 9pm and then Morrissey for approximately 75-80 minutes.

Much obliged. Should be a good day and night out in York!

Much obliged. Should be a good day and night out in York!

I cant wait too; should be a fantastic night. The Stones Roses bar is an interesting place for a pre-gig drink

I presume the venue is licensed?

Perth and Dunoon were around 10.25pm finishes and I'm sure Dunfermline was about the same.

Brilliant gig last night. Loved the set list. My favourites were, Shoplifters, Sunday, there is a light, I know it’s over and Meat is Murder. I thought the three new songs sounded great live, although that was probably the quietist part of the night. Morrissey made a comment, something like “I think I lost your attention for a little while but that’s understandable. So lets not go on about it”

Great crowd, really enthusiastic witch moz seemed to respond to, lots of handshakes. No stage invasions but one crowd surfer came close, only to be pushed away by a some very alert security.

The biggest cheer of the night, to my ears anyway was when Moz and the band came back on for the encore, Moz responded by putting both hands on his heart and throwing his hands out to the crowd. I thought that was a nice gesture. Also after This charming man instead of just saying goodbye and running off, he actually stood on stage for a few seconds looked out to crowd and took a few bows to show his appreciation, which really makes a difference when your in the audience.

I thought the Alhambra was a great venue. Small but cosy and a great atmosphere. I hope he decides to come back on future tours because it’s the closest venue from where I live, about a 20 minute drive. But then for a gig like last night I’d probably travel any distance.

Thanks Moz. X

On at 21:00 and off by 22:30 - but the best 90 mins ever

With your picture(s) on my wall. Even though I am leaving, house, a half life disappears today but then there are a few pictures left anyways.
My favorite picture is the one with you on the cover of YOR, where you are holding your beautiful precious son Sebastien and it‘s still there. I also still have the Swords cover picture, but the pictures on the wall have to come down soon. All.
They will be put up again wherever I end up.

I think that there should be more videos on YouTube of you performing AIMMN and then, because Action at this particular time June 20, 2011, Action is my favorite new song which in my opinion has topped anything on YOR songs. Even though I still love the other two new songs, People, etc. and Looker. I am not writing out the full names as my secretary Stan is typing this out for me as I’m on a thousand downers now, I’m drowsy. And he is lazy.

I’m just like you in a way.
I heard that you said that the fans are not too talkative at your concerts recently. You shouldn’t worry about them being overly chatterly to you so much at your concerts. Do you remember in the early 90s when you used to just say Thank You? I do.

I’m your biggest fan.

Truly yours

Your biggest fan

This is Bonnie

P.S. Everything you say is real. Because you tell it. My bf is jealous cause I talk about you 24/7. Because he don’t know you like I know you Morrissey. No one does.

P.P.S. We should be together too.

I had a girlfriend like this once.

troll
David T cannot spell cause he is oriental and glows in the dark from the japan nuclear disaster. So funny when these oriental people try and embrace western language and culture. This is his little poxy cornershop and it is about to be robbed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom