Edinburgh

Jackie London

♥ Howlin' Pelle
Anyone who have some good ideas about things to do and see in Edinburgh? I'm spending 3 days there!

great place lots to do there some fantastic pubs,the castle is worth a visit .you can go and see greyfriers bobby.do the ghost walks are very good .if you get time go on the open top tour bus its a great way to see the city.if you do mind going out of town catch a train to go over the forth bridge its on the line to dundee.i hope this helps you jackie.
regards
eddie

great place lots to do there some fantastic pubs,the castle is worth a visit .you can go and see greyfriers bobby.do the ghost walks are very good .if you get time go on the open top tour bus its a great way to see the city.if you do mind going out of town catch a train to go over the forth bridge its on the line to dundee.i hope this helps you jackie.
regards
eddie

Thanks! A ghost walks sounds interesting! Do you know any details about it?

most go from the city centre in the royal mile.one of the tours does the grave robbers stuff.some of the tours start to wind up for the winter.you may have to pre book most go twice a day in the dark why dont you have jack the ripper on your mp3 and play it when you do it.

most go from the city centre in the royal mile.one of the tours does the grave robbers stuff.some of the tours start to wind up for the winter.you may have to pre book most go twice a day in the dark why dont you have jack the ripper on your mp3 and play it when you do it.

I need to look it up on google. Thanks bucks boy!

Edinburgh's great, have a swan about and see what you come across.
Listen to some Ballboy whilst you do so.

there is a record store called shakespeare and elvis..quite nce..lots of nice little clothing shops there...i wriiten down some stuff i dont remember ad hoc,,,are you going this weekend?..then i can look it up tomorrow..

Take a walk up Carlton Hill ( just off the East side of Princes Street)- don't go at night though, you can get a stunning view of the city.

Yes! That's one of the loveliest things and she can watch the auld Morrissey video beforehand for inspiration (where Moz was being interviewed by a cute Scottish punkette named Muriel or something).

Yes! That's one of the loveliest things and she can watch the auld Morrissey video beforehand for inspiration (where Moz was being interviewed by a cute Scottish punkette named Muriel or something).

Muriel Grey is an authour and broadcaster.

Anyone who have some good ideas about things to do and see in Edinburgh? I'm spending 3 days there!

Did you visit Edinburgh Jackie? Did you have a lovely baked potato from the vegan potato shop on Cockburn Street, and some cool clothes from the wee shops at Grassmarket??? Let us know how you got on.... Edinburgh's nice... i might go there this weekend too!:p:thumb:

Did you visit Edinburgh Jackie? Did you have a lovely baked potato from the vegan potato shop on Cockburn Street, and some cool clothes from the wee shops at Grassmarket??? Let us know how you got on.... Edinburgh's nice... i might go there this weekend too!:p:thumb:

Sorry nightie, I went there 2 weeks ago. It was great, except that the first night I spent in the hospital. But then it was great, we went to the real mary king's close, took a ghost walk and a lot of great stuff. Do you live close to Edinburgh?

Sorry nightie, I went there 2 weeks ago. It was great, except that the first night I spent in the hospital. But then it was great, we went to the real mary king's close, took a ghost walk and a lot of great stuff. Do you live close to Edinburgh?

Wish i'd seen this post a bit sooner - i could have met you in Edinburgh for a wee drink at the Witchery... Glad you enjoyed yourself after your hospital stint:squiffy:.. hope you are okay?
I live in Glasgow which is roughly a 50 minute train ride away from Edinburgh.

Wish i'd seen this post a bit sooner - i could have met you in Edinburgh for a wee drink at the Witchery... Glad you enjoyed yourself after your hospital stint:squiffy:.. hope you are okay?
I live in Glasgow which is roughly a 50 minute train ride away from Edinburgh.

Yeah, that would have been great, oh well, next time I'll pm you in advance.
I got an anaphylactic shock after having my epipen lost during the flight and. So we went to eat at a restaurant and despite the fact that I told them that I'm extremely allergic to nuts and that they have to be extremely careful when they prepare my food they managed to cut something for my food with the same knife as they had used to cut nuts with without washing it. But it wasn't that serious, the ambulance came there in time.

Is Glasgow "better" then Edinburgh? The reason I went there is that a friend of mine who's also a nanny was spending a week there with "her family" and they wanted to spend the weekend alone so they offered to pay for me to come up there to spend the weekend with her. But they were somewhere on the countryside in Scotland so we got to choose where we wanted to spend the weekend. Maybe next time we should choose Glasgow.

As know this is a bit late but.........

Edinburgh is one of our favourite cities, we usually go there about twice a year. The Witchery is a truly excellent restaurant, although the vegetarian restaurant David Bann beats it for atmosphere. There are a few half decent record shops and we have found the people of Edinburgh as a whole very jolly and friendly. Although the taxis take the piss but where don't they?

Edinburgh is one of our favourite cities, we usually go there about twice a year. The Witchery is a truly excellent restaurant, although the vegetarian restaurant David Bann beats it for atmosphere. There are a few half decent record shops and we have found the people of Edinburgh as a whole very jolly and friendly. Although the taxis take the piss but where don't they?

Bleedin hell... don't think i've ever in my entire life chopped a nut! that's damned scary... must be terrifying for you to eat out?

Several years ago Glasgow had a campaign called "Glasgow'smiles better" *with a wee smiley face symbolising the smiles/miles better theme:)*
... so yeh, Glasgow'sMILES better... next time, i'll catch you here!

Mixed up my replies....

Everyday, where is the David Bann restaurant? The ONLY place i eat in edinburgh is the potato shop... and i'd very much like to expand that culinary experience *although the wee tattie shop is excellent*

PS: I LOVE taxi drivers - UK wide - they always have great chat and funny stories to share whilst they rob you of your hard earned cash! tee hee.

Bleedin hell... don't think i've ever in my entire life chopped a nut! that's damned scary... must be terrifying for you to eat out?

Several years ago Glasgow had a campaign called "Glasgow'smiles better" *with a wee smiley face symbolising the smiles/miles better theme:)*
... so yeh, Glasgow'sMILES better... next time, i'll catch you here!

It is. Most people that work in a restaurant today know how dangerous a nut allergy is and that someone who is allergic can die within 15 mins if they get exposed to it. This was an indian restaurant and allready when we ordered I understood that they didn't understand, they didn't speak that good english, so I should have trusted my instinct and just left. I took two bites of the food and I could just feel how my lips and tongue started to swell.

Is Glasgow bigger then Edinburgh?

Back
Top Bottom