Elitist upcoming Portland/Troutdale show

A

Anonymous

I was preparing to buy tickets for Morrissey's upcoming Portland area show at Edgefield and I realized to my dismay that this outdoor venue is putting a spendy reserved seating area in between the stage and the poor
proles who will be stuck a ways back behind a fence on the lawn. (Prices in the reserved seating area are almost twice the price of GA.) I've seen Morrissey enough times to know that people in the reserved seating will inevitably crowd the stage leaving an empty area behind them which, if I know Moz, he will encourage his fans to fill while security tries to keep them back behind the fence. I saw something similar happen the last time he played Portland's Arlene Schnitzer concert hall. Moz was trying to get people up next to the stage while security angrily told people back to go back their seats. It was not pretty and it hurt the otherwise great show.

Frankly this looks like enough of a potential bad experience to me for me to think the unthinkable and skip the Edgefield show. -------Sad in Portland.

I was preparing to buy tickets for Morrissey's upcoming Portland area show at Edgefield and I realized to my dismay that this outdoor venue is putting a spendy reserved seating area in between the stage and the poor
proles who will be stuck a ways back behind a fence on the lawn. (Prices in the reserved seating area are almost twice the price of GA.) I've seen Morrissey enough times to know that people in the reserved seating will inevitably crowd the stage leaving an empty area behind them which, if I know Moz, he will encourage his fans to fill while security tries to keep them back behind the fence. I saw something similar happen the last time he played Portland's Arlene Schnitzer concert hall. Moz was trying to get people up next to the stage while security angrily told people back to go back their seats. It was not pretty and it hurt the otherwise great show.

Frankly this looks like enough of a potential bad experience to me for me to think the unthinkable and skip the Edgefield show. -------Sad in Portland.

well i dont usually take my eyes off the stage but i get what youre saying and to bad i guess. merry weather post pavilion in va is like this which hosts tons and tons of great acts though ive never seen any rushing or hostile confrontations outside the usual expected jerk or two. maybe next time

I went to one show that was like this but the "premium space" sold so poorly they just said f*** it and let everyone in. Good luck with your tickets though. At least you're not paying the 173 dollars the GA at Madison square garden is costing.

I went to one show that was like this but the "premium space" sold so poorly they just said f*** it and let everyone in. Good luck with your tickets though. At least you're not paying the 173 dollars the GA at Madison square garden is costing.

Well, you can go and see Eric Clapton at MSG. Then you have to pay 500 $ for the best tickets.

Ticketmaster is a joke, FUBAR

Waited for the presale.. had the code... after a few tries, go the tickets I wanted, for the Atlanta show.
High dollar, close to front.
went to pay..
and the website says "sorry we are unable to process your request"
plenty of time on the shot clock.
Ticketmaster is a scam and a joke!

they don't even WANT you to buy tickets from ticketmaster.
they'd rather sell to the scalpers who resell on StubHub, so they get a commission on the sale, and the re-sale.

f*** TicketBastard.:mad:

I don't know why Morrissey gets himself booked into venues like this. He never seems to enjoy this sort of a setup, and clearly the fans don't either. Wasn't there some fiasco in Atlanta a few years ago at some fancy-pants place where the upper crust were sipping bubbly and eating cheese directly in front of the stage?

Tags
atlanta ticketmaster
Back
Top Bottom