Morrissey Central "ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER" (August 8, 2020)

Born Holles Street Hospital, Dublin, in
winter months.

Unknown-1_elgqpc.jpg

ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER

"With this broken voice I beseech you, my friends, to offer prayers of hope and prayers of intercession for the recovery of Elizabeth Anne Dwyer, who is my mother, who is in trouble, and who is the sole reason for all the good and motivational things in my life. I ask particularly my friends in Chile, Mexico, Italy, Peru, Paraguay, Brazil, the United States, Ecuador, Israel and Ireland to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.
She is me, and without her vahaan koee kal hal … there is no tomorrow. I ask no more of you… for there could be no more to ask."

Steven Patrick Francis Morrissey.

8 August 2020.

20200808_134354.jpg

Nothing but positive thoughts.
FWD.

Media items:

On a personal note: my father died at the age of 49 when I was 22. With 2 younger siblings and a struggling mom, the next 25 years were difficult (at least). I see it in the way of Rifke, that parents over 80 should be ready to face everything in their lives. I understand that Morrissey still has no good relationship with his father and his mother is his anker since the early days. But he is 61, he seems to have a relationship and he has a sister with children who love him. He is not alone and no youngster in life who searches for hold or god's generosity to give her another 20 years.

Last edited:
I wish Morrissey's mum good health and I hope she gets over this - but I hope Moz doesn't go through too much pain when the dreaded day comes. Because that dreaded day is something all of us have to go through at some point.

I wish Morrissey's mum good health and I hope she gets over this - but I hope Moz doesn't go through too much pain when the dreaded day comes. Because that dreaded day is something all of us have to go through at some point.
agree...you're never the same person after it does happen...especially given how close he is to her...

if anything god's probably gonna be offended that morrissey thinks he can enlist his fans to offer prayers as though god, when all those prayers are coming in, doesnt know that the source of them are from fans and that the only reason morrissey has them is because he is a singer and that it sends a message that morrissey thinks gods gonna care more about his mom than anyone else because she's morrisseys mom. if anything, god might want to take him down a peg. god aint impressed by your ability to rally your fans to pray for your very old mother, anymore than he'd be impressed by some instagrammers ability to get 'likes'.

Reading your messages, I assume that you are a very rational person, and not religious / spiritual at all. We all are who we are, we all deal with loss in our own way.

However, in difficult moments like this, is it too much to ask to try to see it from the other person's perspective, the person who is suffering and the person you (presumably) care about? We know that the mother and son relationship remained very strong in all these years. I would even argue that, on some emotional level, Morrissey never really left his mother's house. We also know that he's a very emotional person, and that his family and upbringing were strongly catholic.

Reading your messages, I assume that you are a very rational person, and not religious / spiritual at all. We all are who we are, we all deal with loss in our own way.

However, in difficult moments like this, is it to much to ask to try to see it from the other person's perspective, the person who is suffering and the person you (presumably) care about? We know that the mother and son relationship remained very strong in all these years. I would even argue that, on some emotional level, Morrissey never really left his mother's house. We also know that he's a very emotional person, and that his family and upbringing were strongly catholic.
agreed...manners are the order of the day...please, I wish everyone would put their poison pens down for a short while and show empathy and compassion...or that we are at least, human.

However, in difficult moments like this, is it too much to ask to try to see it from the other person's perspective, the person who is suffering and the person you (presumably) care about? We know that the mother and son relationship remained very strong in all these years. I would even argue that, on some emotional level, Morrissey never really left his mother's house. We also know that he's a very emotional person, and that his family and upbringing were strongly catholic.
i am seeing it from his perspective. i am putting myself in his shoes and thinking "by the time im that age i would hope to have developed the character and wisdom to be able to deal with my old mums death with quiet equanimity knowing that her long life was a luxury many are denied and not by posting desperate messages to the multitudes in the hopes of swaying god to spare her (while millions of others dies in much more unfair circumstances everyday)". that is me putting myself in his shoes. that is me not understanding where the f*** he gets off. im not saying he doesnt deserve sympathy. and actually, i am a very spiritual person. i have a connection to god that has nothing to do with how many fans i have.

Last edited:
I just became aware of this. I was in my own little fantasy world. I'll pray.

I wish the best for Morrissey's mum, and I understand people clutching at straws, but I have to admit I find this notion of some mystical God floating around in the sky who will suddenly intercede and save her if enough people pray deeply, deeply strange.

i am seeing it from his perspective. i am putting myself in his shoes and thinking "by the time im that age i would hope to have developed the character and wisdom to be able to deal with my old mums death with quiet equanimity knowing that her long life was a luxury many are denied and not by posting desperate messages to the multitudes in the hopes of swaying god to spare her (while millions of others dies in much more unfair circumstances everyday)". that is me putting myself in his shoes. that is me not understanding where the f*** he gets off. im not saying he doesnt deserve sympathy. and actually, i am a very spiritual person. i have a connection to god that has nothing to do with how many fans i have.
Fair points all. My cousins lost their mum when they were children, others lose their parents as young adults etc. If you're lucky, your parents will survive into your 50s. Having parents alive when you're 60 something is amazing good fortune. Of course it's tough at any age but a sense of perspective is needed. Asking fans from specific countries to pray is just bonkers.

if youre 60 years old and your mom is 80 or whatever and you cant handle her passing with equanimity, well you have to question where you are in life, mental and emotionally.
That is cold rifke. I lost my dad at 8 but can still feel for anyone losing a parent they love at any age. You're missing some wiring.

What you're doing is not "seeing it from his perspective". You're seeing his experience from your own perspective.

now sams post was nice. it was palatable. "dont leave us grandma', that's sweet. it makes me care that she'll be okay.

but morrisseys bombastic "let me use my platform as a singer to bring all the nations of the world together to pray for MY mom EVEN THOUGH the gods are sleeping however they might wake up just THIS ONE TIME (for MY--me, morrissey-- mom) under threat that otherwise this might be the END OF ME and all my fans will thusly be very very sore at the gods" is not sweet. it's distasteful (and i imagine god would think so too).

That is cold rifke. I lost my dad at 8 but can still feel for anyone losing a parent they love at any age. You're missing some wiring.
im not saying i dont care. what the f*** is wrong with your peoples reading comprehension? im just saying there's a lot of f***ing pathos in this thread and that morrissey needs to get a grip (as surely we all know).

His cry for help is heartbreaking. I reached out to all and sundry in my father’s last days, practically begging for everyone’s prayers because there was little else I could do after all medical interventions had been exhausted. Bless you Elizabeth and your family - know that we are praying for you.

Prayers for a quick and complete recovery! Moz, revisit your Catholic roots and get her anointed 💗

I’m sending all my love & positive thoughts From JERUSALEM to you moz and your dear dear mother. She is blessed also because she brought you to the world. I love you forever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom