Elvis / Morrissey appreciation thread by Eric & TTC

Umm... If that's all he said, I can't interpret that necessarily as a dig towards Moz. He might be just saying that Morrissey's songs can't be covered, because he sings them in such an original and inimitable manner.
Certainly doesn't sound like a 'slating' to me!

Hello Helen Shapiro fan,

Yes, I have been busy. I have been working here anonymously. I posted the more recent Elvis-Morrissey videos not too long ago. I hope you like those selections. :) It was a little more challenging. The two links below relate to both Elvis and Morrissey. Pretty interesting. I think you will enjoy reading the articles, Tom Tom Club. Enjoy the Elvis-Morrissey videos if you have not seen them. I may post more, who knows. At least we know where we can meet. It is chaotic out there!

http://mbird.com/2014/05/from-the-mockingbird-paging-doctor-presley/

http://mbird.com/2017/08/hated-for-loving-the-world-according-to-morrissey/

Hello Helen Shapiro fan,

Yes, I have been busy. I have been working here anonymously. I posted the more recent Elvis-Morrissey videos not too long ago. I hope you like those selections. :) It was a little more challenging. The two links below relate to both Elvis and Morrissey. Pretty interesting. I think you will enjoy reading the articles, Tom Tom Club. Enjoy the Elvis-Morrissey videos if you have not seen them. I may post more, who knows. At least we know where we can meet. It is chaotic out there!

http://mbird.com/2014/05/from-the-mockingbird-paging-doctor-presley/

http://mbird.com/2017/08/hated-for-loving-the-world-according-to-morrissey/
Hi Eric, So glad to hear from you again! How are you? I have had a look at your new Elvis Presley-Morrissey videos they are very nice. I need more time to listen to them properly.

Thank you so much for the links. I will have a look at those. I really like Elvis Presley and Morrissey.

I agree with you that we should be able to talk about our faith openly and freely as much as we like on here (to get the message out there- the good news). It is just I have had some people on here give me a hard time about my faith. There used to be a poster on here going by the name Charlie Cheswick (not their real name) who wanted me to keep my talking about my Christian faith to a minimum. That is why I'm wary of saying too much! Also some people find my talking about faith funny, they mock it or think that I'm not sincere. I'm totally sincere about being a born-again Christian. This is a Morrissey fan site.

Do you still like Helen Shapiro? I still like her I think she is a great singer and a very nice lady. She is a true born-again Christian and a Messianic Jewess. Helen Shapiro was a big singer here in Britain in the 1960s.

Hi Eric, So glad to hear from you again! How are you? I have had a look at your new Elvis Presley-Morrissey videos they are very nice. I need more time to listen to them properly.

Thank you so much for the links. I will have a look at those. I really like Elvis Presley and Morrissey.

I agree with you that we should be able to talk about our faith openly and freely as much as we like on here (to get the message out there- the good news). It is just I have had some people on here give me a hard time about my faith. There used to be a poster on here going by the name Charlie Cheswick (not their real name) who wanted me to keep my talking about my Christian faith to a minimum. That is why I'm wary of saying too much! Also some people find my talking about faith funny, they mock it or think that I'm not sincere. I'm totally sincere about being a born-again Christian. This is a Morrissey fan site.

Do you still like Helen Shapiro? I still like her I think she is a great singer and a very nice lady. She is a true born-again Christian and a Messianic Jewess. Helen Shapiro was a big singer here in Britain in the 1960s.
Hi there Tom Tom Club,

I am doing fine, thank you. Good to hear you again. I guess this is the closest thing to a safe house. It doesn't feel very safe but that's okay. I have not seen this Charlie Cheswick character anywhere on this site while I have been here. It must have been some time ago, huh? You know, bringing this up reminded me of the last time I was here before I "rode out in the sunset" as I put it. I can relate. When you wrote that last post I was not sure what to make of that information you gave me (i.e., vegan, untruth/Truth, etc.). (I now know more about these personalities since I have gone through the threads/boards a little more this time around).

A brief explanation: You know, it was about this time that I became suspicious of this site when one of my last posts (a simple post, mind you) brought all kinds of crazy out of the woodwork? Out of nowhere. I even began to doubt you, Tom Tom Club, would you believe. In fact, one of those characters was an 'anonymous' that I just refer to as 'a minion of Satan.' Haha. Crazy. But, you see, this is expected. I know this 'anonymous' individual was actually responding to those other posts I had left for you - i.e., Dallas Holm, etc. Obviously this individual had been aware of or, at least, reading our posts. Who knows how many go through all these posts here at this site. But, for us, the confrontations brought me to John 15:18-20. Just being who we are was enough. What we stand for. What we represent. It is difficult I know. Using my real name just made me an easier target, of course. So I know what you (as a member) went through with this Charlie Cheswick character. These are dark days and they are growing darker. When I saw/read your post earlier, I knew it was you. I said, "Tom Tom Club is standing up for the Lord! Good for her!" It was really encouraging. You were standing up for the Lord and yourself! It was then that I knew that you were not part of the others. You were certainly your own person. Any and all suspicions dissipated. I know no one would stand up for the Lord not being who she (or he) claimed to be. It wouldn't make sense for an unbeliever since there would be no desire to do so. No conviction. But you...you obviously did. It was the real deal and very encouraging, Tom Tom Club. We will talk more about this the next time but I will tell you one thing though, I am reminded of my mother's encouragement prior to her passing (even reminding me as she was sick well into her stage 4 pancreatic cancer) that, "I have not suffered unto blood."

In other words, everything that goes on these boards (or in life) is nothing compared to what Christ endured. Things people say or do that offend, slander, you name it, is expected. Christ made that clear. What else is new, right? These kind of things will pass. Besides, it is like 'water off a duck!' Remember the old phrase about sticks and stones? For believers today this can be difficult but I remind myself, "Have I suffered unto blood like Christ?" Not even close. Zilch. Just imagine what missionaries endure throughout the world! I can't even begin to imagine or explain the experiences of persecution that they go through. What are they thinking, feeling (so on) in very, very difficult circumstances firm in their faith. No compromise. Especially in those countries hostile to the Gospel. We have it made, don't we? In fact, these very boards and the freedom we experience writing what we write, considering it is a Morrissey website, is itself a reminder of the blessings that still remain in the free Western world. Look, I have to go now but we will pick up more next time. Hey, you take care now Tom Tom Club. I will talk to you soon. God bless. -- Me

Hi there Tom Tom Club,

I am doing fine, thank you. Good to hear you again. I guess this is the closest thing to a safe house. It doesn't feel very safe but that's okay. I have not seen this Charlie Cheswick character anywhere on this site while I have been here. It must have been some time ago, huh? You know, bringing this up reminded me of the last time I was here before I "rode out in the sunset" as I put it. I can relate. When you wrote that last post I was not sure what to make of that information you gave me (i.e., vegan, untruth/Truth, etc.). (I now know more about these personalities since I have gone through the threads/boards a little more this time around).

A brief explanation: You know, it was about this time that I became suspicious of this site when one of my last posts (a simple post, mind you) brought all kinds of crazy out of the woodwork? Out of nowhere. I even began to doubt you, Tom Tom Club, would you believe. In fact, one of those characters was an 'anonymous' that I just refer to as 'a minion of Satan.' Haha. Crazy. But, you see, this is expected. I know this 'anonymous' individual was actually responding to those other posts I had left for you - i.e., Dallas Holm, etc. Obviously this individual had been aware of or, at least, reading our posts. Who knows how many go through all these posts here at this site. But, for us, the confrontations brought me to John 15:18-20. Just being who we are was enough. What we stand for. What we represent. It is difficult I know. Using my real name just made me an easier target, of course. So I know what you (as a member) went through with this Charlie Cheswick character. These are dark days and they are growing darker. When I saw/read your post earlier, I knew it was you. I said, "Tom Tom Club is standing up for the Lord! Good for her!" It was really encouraging. You were standing up for the Lord and yourself! It was then that I knew that you were not part of the others. You were certainly your own person. Any and all suspicions dissipated. I know no one would stand up for the Lord not being who she (or he) claimed to be. It wouldn't make sense for an unbeliever since there would be no desire to do so. No conviction. But you...you obviously did. It was the real deal and very encouraging, Tom Tom Club. We will talk more about this the next time but I will tell you one thing though, I am reminded of my mother's encouragement prior to her passing (even reminding me as she was sick well into her stage 4 pancreatic cancer) that, "I have not suffered unto blood."

In other words, everything that goes on these boards (or in life) is nothing compared to what Christ endured. Things people say or do that offend, slander, you name it, is expected. Christ made that clear. What else is new, right? These kind of things will pass. Besides, it is like 'water off a duck!' Remember the old phrase about sticks and stones? For believers today this can be difficult but I remind myself, "Have I suffered unto blood like Christ?" Not even close. Zilch. Just imagine what missionaries endure throughout the world! I can't even begin to imagine or explain the experiences of persecution that they go through. What are they thinking, feeling (so on) in very, very difficult circumstances firm in their faith. No compromise. Especially in those countries hostile to the Gospel. We have it made, don't we? In fact, these very boards and the freedom we experience writing what we write, considering it is a Morrissey website, is itself a reminder of the blessings that still remain in the free Western world. Look, I have to go now but we will pick up more next time. Hey, you take care now Tom Tom Club. I will talk to you soon. God bless. -- Me
Thank you so much for this wonderful, positive post. Do you think that you would be able to become a registered member on here? If you had an account on here we could send each other private messages. There is more I would like to tell you, but in private not on this thread.

Vegan Cro Spirit is great they are a really true dedicated Morrissey fan. They have always been good to me and supportive. Vegan Cro Spirit supports Christians and Christianity. The problem was that Vegan Cro Spirit thought you might be Uncle Skinny or Surface. Have you seen any of Uncle Skinny's posts? Uncle Skinny used to be a huge Morrissey fan, but in recent years he has turned against him.

I'm not sure that Charlie Cheswick posts on here anymore. I think he maybe last posted on here last year 2018 not sure. I don't want to say too much on here I would rather talk to you privately.

Charlie Cheswick/Charley Cheswick is a fictional character in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". Have you seen this film? It is based on the 1962 novel "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. Ken Kesey was an American novelist, essayist, and countercultural figure. He considered himself a link between the 'Beat Generation' of the 1950s and the 'Hippies' of the 1960s. Ken Kesey owned his own bus which was called "Furthur". "Furthur" is a 1939 International Harvester school bus purchased by author Ken Kesey in 1964 to carry his "Merry Band of Pranksters" cross-country, filming their counterculture adventures as they went!

Thank you so much for the Dallas Holm song. Dallas Holm (born November 5th, 1948) is a singer-songwriter of Christian music, whose musical ministry has spanned almost four decades. While he has had several hit singles in contemporary Christian music (CCM), he is best known for the favorite inspirational song "Rise Again" which foretells the resurrection of Christ. For more info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Holm

Your mother sounds like she was a really wonderful woman very wise words "I have not suffered unto blood." Anything that I have suffered in my life is nothing compared to what Lord Jesus Christ endured on the cross. Something I never want to forget. I know that this life however hard it might be is just temporary. You will see your mother again in glory in paradise in Heaven.

I think about all the Christian martyrs of the past. Even today in some countries Christians are persecuted and even killed.

I was feeling quite down and you really cheered me up with your last post. I take my Christian faith very seriously it is the most important thing in my life. I'm also a Morrissey fan.

You are a true brother in Christ. May the Lord God Almighty bless you real good!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this wonderful, positive post. Do you think that you would be able to become a registered member on here? If you had an account on here we could send each other private messages. There is more I would like to tell you, but in private not on this thread.

Vegan Cro Spirit is great they are a really true dedicated Morrissey fan. They have always been good to me and supportive. Vegan Cro Spirit supports Christians and Christianity. The problem was that Vegan Cro Spirit thought you might be Uncle Skinny or Surface. Have you seen any of Uncle Skinny's posts? Uncle Skinny used to be a huge Morrissey fan, but in recent years he has turned against him.

I'm not sure that Charlie Cheswick posts on here anymore. I think he maybe last posted on here last year 2018 not sure. I don't want to say too much on here I would rather talk to you privately.

Charlie Cheswick/Charley Cheswick is a fictional character in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". Have you seen this film? It is based on the 1962 novel "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. Ken Kesey was an American novelist, essayist, and countercultural figure. He considered himself a link between the 'Beat Generation' of the 1950s and the Hippies of the 1960s. Ken Kesey owned his own bus which was called "Furthur". "Furthur" is a 1939 International Harvester school bus purchased by author Ken Kesey in 1964 to carry his "Merry Band of Pranksters" cross-country, filming their counterculture adventures as they went.

Thank you so much for the Dallas Holm song. Dallas Holm (born November 5th, 1948) is a singer-songwriter of Christian music, whose musical ministry has spanned almost four decades. While he has had several hit singles in contemporary Christian music (CCM), he is best known for the favorite inspirational song "Rise Again" which foretells the resurrection of Christ. For more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Holm

Your mother sounds like she was a wonderful woman very wise words "I have not suffered unto blood." Anything that I have suffered in my life is nothing compared to what Lord Jesus Christ endured on the cross. Something I never want to forget. I know that this life however hard it might be is just temporary. You will see your mother again in glory in paradise in Heaven.

I think about all the Christian martyrs of the past. Even today in some countries Christians are persecuted and even killed.

I was feeling quite down and you really cheered me up with your last post. I take my Christian faith very seriously it is the most important thing in my life. I'm also a Morrissey fan.

May God bless you real good.
Hi Tom Tom Club,

How have you been? Sorry I have not written you sooner. How has everything been going? I am glad the last post encouraged you. Everything that is going on in the world...the global unrest...is more than anything I can imagine. So much going on. Something is bound to give, Tom Tom Club. I wish I could talk more about these things I do agree. I just know that the light is growing much dimmer these days. In fact, Pastor Robert Jeffress from Dallas, Texas (if you have heard of him) had made the comment that "the days are growing gloriously dark." He mentioned this several years ago, but I see his meaning now. It hits home deeply. This is one of the reasons it would be nice to talk to you privately as well. I do agree with that. I think a time is soon coming when we may no longer have this opportunity at all, Tom Tom Club. The world is just going by...you know the phrase, "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die'? Well, I have heard this illustration but in the context of the Titanic oblivious to the unforeseeable iceberg. I say that in the very Biblical sense of the word and meaning. I think rearranging the furniture on the ship before it sinks is the least of our worries. We both know with Whom our hope lies, yes? Stay encouraged.

Wow, you are asking if I would like to become a registered member. Hmm. Gosh, that is a difficult question, Tom Tom Club. You really put me on the spot. To be honest with you, I wish there would be a way to write each other other than this public forum. But being a member is something I just can't find myself to commit myself to doing. Not here. Is there an other option? I wish I could outright give you my e-mail address but that would not be wise. Even if the e-mail was for one time/temporary to compare notes, it still would not be safe or secure. Is there an other forum where you are a member? A 'Christian' one perhaps? This is tough. I am not a member of any community forum. I just don't care for them, Tom Tom Club. Not anymore. Years ago I would have had a different opinion, but not today. I would sacrifice a 'Christian' forum only to resign the same day, haha. That is, just to get each other's contact information (e-mail) then communicate via e-mail. Man, this is tough. Look, I have to go but I will write you after your next response. I won't let it go as long as I did the last time. I will make a mental note to write you right away as soon as I read your response (within a day or two, Godwilling). I did not mention that I was sick, did I? Not the whole time, of course. Anyway, let me know what you think about the option. A member here is just not feasible or likely, Tom Tom Club. If I was into the 'thread' scene (or boards) like I was many years ago, yeah maybe, but even then...I don't think I would have committed to it anyway. But we will talk more. Much sooner this time, okay Tom Tom Club? You take care of yourself now and I will await your response. Take care and God bless. -- Me

Hi Tom Tom Club,

How have you been? Sorry I have not written you sooner. How has everything been going? I am glad the last post encouraged you. Everything that is going on in the world...the global unrest...is more than anything I can imagine. So much going on. Something is bound to give, Tom Tom Club. I wish I could talk more about these things I do agree. I just know that the light is growing much dimmer these days. In fact, Pastor Adrian Rogers (if you have heard of him) had made the comment that "the days are growing gloriously dark." He mentioned this several years ago, but I see his meaning now. It hits home deeply. This is one of the reasons it would be nice to talk to you privately as well. I do agree with that. I think a time is soon coming when we may no longer have this opportunity at all, Tom Tom Club. The world is just going by...you know the phrase, "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die'? Well, I have heard this illustration but in the context of the Titanic oblivious to the unforeseeable iceberg. I say that in the very Biblical sense of the word and meaning. I think rearranging the furniture on the ship before it sinks is the least of our worries. We both know with Whom our hope lies, yes? Stay encouraged.

Wow, you are asking if I would like to become a registered member. Hmm. Gosh, that is a difficult question, Tom Tom Club. You really put me on the spot. To be honest with you, I wish there would be a way to write each other other than this public forum. But being a member is something I just can't find myself to commit myself to doing. Not here. Is there an other option? I wish I could outright give you my e-mail address but that would not be wise. Even if the e-mail was for one time/temporary to compare notes, it still would not be safe or secure. Is there an other forum where you are a member? A 'Christian' one perhaps? This is tough. I am not a member of any community forum. I just don't care for them, Tom Tom Club. Not anymore. Years ago I would have had a different opinion, but not today. I would sacrifice a 'Christian' forum only to resign the same day, haha. That is, just to get each other's contact information (e-mail) then communicate via e-mail. Man, this is tough. Look, I have to go but I will write you after your next response. I won't let it go as long as I did the last time. I will make a mental note to write you right away as soon as I read your response (within a day or two, Godwilling). I did not mention that I was sick, did I? Not the whole time, of course. Anyway, let me know what you think about the option. A member here is just not feasible or likely, Tom Tom Club. If I was into the 'thread' scene (or boards) like I was many years ago, yeah maybe, but even then...I don't think I would have committed to it anyway. But we will talk more. Much sooner this time, okay Tom Tom Club? You take care of yourself now and I will await your response. Take care and God bless. -- Me
Tom Tom Club,
I corrected the name of the pastor I was trying to remember. The pastor should read Adrian Rogers. He passed away several years ago but his ministry, Love Worth Finding, is still running strong. I knew the name was not correct. Robert Jeffress of Dallas, Texas has some good messages too. Now I can sleep. God bless. -- Me

Two nice softies here. How is everything going, Tom Tom Club?

Elvis

Morrissey

Back
Top Bottom