"England Is Mine" nominated for Best British Feature Film at Edinburgh Film Festival

http://www.asff.co.uk/eiff-landmark-anniversary/

Highlights include the highly-anticipated Opening and Closing Gala premieres of God’s Own Country – the story of a Yorkshire sheep farmer whose life is turned upside down by the arrival of a migrant worker – and England Is Mine – a portrait of Morrissey’s early life in 1970’s Manchester before The Smiths. Stars Josh O’Connor, Alex Secareanu, Ian Hart, Gemma Jones and director Francis Lee, as well as Jack Lowden, Jessica Brown Findlay, Laurie Kynaston and director Mark Gill will be on the red carpet for each of their film’s first screening.

They weren't and he said so.
Could you distinguish any figure on that trailer supposed to impersonate young Moz, before his Smiths days?
I couldn't.
Why does there have to be a trailer about the whole festival and why should it consists of all fragmented parts of the films?
Awful, bloody awful.

Morrissey is there at about 1:20 playing with a cassette recorder and looking in the mirror.

Morrissey is there at about 1:20 playing with a cassette recorder and looking in the mirror.

Thanks for that, I missed it!
As Aztec suggested, Mozzers lawyers will meticulously view the trailer and the movie, screen by screen, if they haven't previewed it already.

And Moz too cause it would surprise me if he would not comment on it. If they had the slightest decency to contact him and let him have his memories and insights be a part of the film he would be honoured at the festival and he would be on the red carpet.

For Christ sake, the film is about him!
It doesn't necessarily have to be a cheesy, all bootlicking, syrupy movie but I have doubts about the motives and the movie, now.
We will wait and see.
I hope I am wrong and that it is a great movie! :thumb:

nobody said they were a Hollywood studio,i was pointing out what studios do when they have a shit film on their hand,,the wild turkey above, what a prick,doesnt even make sense so f*** knows why someone would say his post was insightful.

Hey, it's ok. Just don't go usin' Turkey as a bad word. Aw ha ha ha.

nobody said they were a Hollywood studio,i was pointing out what studios do when they have a shit film on their hand,,the wild turkey above, what a prick,doesnt even make sense so f*** knows why someone would say his post was insightful.
Yes you pointed out what a hollywood studio does when they have a bad film. Why bring that up when it has nothing to do with this situation? Angry much?

you're right! Guess they decided to use that bit because it was the most exciting part from the film! o_O:lbf:

http://m.screendaily.com/5119356.article

Distributors were very curious about Morissey biopic,England Is Mine, screening to the industry in advance of its world premiere at the Edinburgh Film Festival on 2nd July. Sales agent Hanway is already fielding offers for the film.

Like I said in a previous thread, a friend of mine saw the film a few weeks ago and his verdict (as a non-Morrissey fan) was "It's alright". Not very insightful I know but I haven't had a chance to quiz him on it yet.

(Anyone wondering how he got to see it - he works as an audio describer and was tasked with 'describing' it.)

Like I said in a previous thread, a friend of mine saw the film a few weeks ago and his verdict (as a non-Morrissey fan) was "It's alright". Not very insightful I know but I haven't had a chance to quiz him on it yet.

(Anyone wondering how he got to see it - he works as an audio describer and was tasked with 'describing' it.)

quiz him quiz him quiz him, tie him up and quiz him! ;)

If it's jusr as enjoyable as Nowhere Boy I'll be satisfied. I don't have high expectations but I am curious about how it is all portrayed
Also I think that near the start of the 'trailer' theres a shor of a shadow walking through a tunnel, and there's a close up of a record, those two may also be from the film, sp the tunnel bc theres a still w a similar setting/lighting

quiz him quiz him quiz him, tie him up and quiz him! ;)

Okay I've just had a brief email exchange...

*possible spoilers for people who want to go into the film knowing nothing about it*

He says the actor playing Moz is very good, dryly funny, and the script is very good too. It does have a bit of a Nowhere Boy feel to it.

The music of the time is a bit thin though, probably because of rights issues. It's more George Formby. And the 'Sex Pistols experience' (the band is blurred so we don't see actors playing the Pistols)

There is a funny bit when Moz sings with The Nosebleeds, and also when he reads Paul Morley's review of their gig.

I don't really want to know anymore because I want to see it now!

Okay I've just had a brief email exchange...

*possible spoilers for people who want to go into the film knowing nothing about it*

He says the actor playing Moz is very good, dryly funny, and the script is very good too. It does have a bit of a Nowhere Boy feel to it.

The music of the time is a bit thin though, probably because of rights issues. It's more George Formby. And the 'Sex Pistols experience' (the band is blurred so we don't see actors playing the Pistols)

There is a funny bit when Moz sings with The Nosebleeds, and also when he reads Paul Morley's review of their gig.

I don't really want to know anymore because I want to see it now!

You ruuuuined it for me! thanks a lot ! :mad: He's not a fan anyways, so what does he know ?!

;)

You ruuuuined it for me! thanks a lot ! :mad: He's not a fan anyways, so what does he know ?!

;)

It seems like you preferred it to be ruined for you as you read on after the spoiler warnings!
So I guess your curiosity was bigger then the hope it would be an insightful opinion to you. And we don't know anything about the quality of the film yet. :rolleyes:
And now you're blaming the messenger that provided what you've been asking for.
Nice strategy KS!
Can't blame you, so I won't.:D

It seems like you preferred it to be ruined for you as you read on after the spoiler warnings!
So I guess your curiosity was bigger then the hope it would be an insightful opinion to you. And we don't know anything about the quality of the film yet. :rolleyes:
And now you're blaming the messenger that provided what you've been asking for.
Nice strategy KS!
Can't blame you, so I won't.:D

missed the warning! rushed to be ruined ! :)

'And we don't know anything about the quality of the film yet.'

the quality should be fine, wasn't it shot on digital?

'And now you're blaming the messenger that provided what you've been asking for.'

I blame everyone! I even blame HMV for the # 1 !!!! :D ;)

missed the warning! rushed to be ruined ! :)

'And we don't know anything about the quality of the film yet.'

the quality should be fine, wasn't it shot on digital?

'And now you're blaming the messenger that provided what you've been asking for.'

I blame everyone! I even blame HMV for the # 1 !!!! :D ;)

I blame Moz for that!
You forgot to mention him in the blame game! :)

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom