"England Is Mine" trailer

Each to their own. Linder was very attractive imo and also aged very well.
A bit of a milf in other words according to you. I think she looked like a lost aussie searching for her ABBA cassettes while always smiling from ear to ear like a moron.

gddy.gif

Pedal means to propel by means of a pedal, like a bike, or a pedal-boat.

Peddle means to sell, or attempt to sell.

For the canoe, you are thinking of paddle, which means to propel with a paddle, a broad oar.
Correct again, Sir!

They used peddle in the brit film "100 Streets" when talking about selling drugs.

I was being sarcastic. :) I mean, if that lumpy potato Stephen Fry can pull off a portrayal of Oscar Wilde, who was pretty decent to look at- Not that Fry isn't, he has a very warm, if not conventionally handsome face- then I'm sure this guy can play the nobody version of Morrissey. Hopefully well.

'sure this guy can play the nobody version of Morrissey.' :mad:

Most are 'nobodies' all their life, but Morrissey was always somebody ALL his life !

SHAME ON U g23 !

;)

When you've lived and breathed the Morrissey life like most of us have, for years. Having his face and voice etched in our consciousness, Nothing other than a dead ringer for Morrissey is going to be satisfactory enough when it comes to making film about his life. I'm just not feeling it. ''He's nailed the voice'' - has he really? Sounds vaguely like him in places but that's about it, And certainly does not resemble him in appearance. Does all this matter if the story is told well? Yes, it does to me. All being said, I'm sure the film is fine but i'm not sure about the casting. It'll turn out to be one of them films, that could've and should've been so much better.

When you've lived and breathed the Morrissey life like most of us have, for years. Having his face and voice etched in our consciousness, Nothing other than a dead ringer for Morrissey is going to be satisfactory enough when it comes to making film about his life. I'm just not feeling it. ''He's nailed the voice'' - has he really? Sounds vaguely like him in places but that's about it, And certainly does not resemble him in appearance. Does all this matter if the story is told well? Yes, it does to me. All being said, I'm sure the film is fine but i'm not sure about the casting. It'll turn out to be one of them films, that could've and should've been so much better.
Plus the fact Moz never looked particularly young, more like some middle aged man pacing the streets of Stretford. What people forget is that people in the past appear older compared to same age people now cause the fashion back then adds years.

I was being sarcastic. :) I mean, if that lumpy potato Stephen Fry can pull off a portrayal of Oscar Wilde, who was pretty decent to look at- Not that Fry isn't, he has a very warm, if not conventionally handsome face- then I'm sure this guy can play the nobody version of Morrissey. Hopefully well.
Only difference being Fry at the time was an exact copy of Wilde of course which was something the entire world pointed out.

I hope you enjoyed your time on Mars.

I don't see Aunt Nancy. Will she be in it? That would be a better movie *cut to Nancy Sinatra in Malibu trying on lingerie* Also, needs a superhero if it's going to be a hit. Maybe "Stephen," when he's not thinking about "What is Nancy Sinatra doing right now" could imagine if he was Hawkman. We don't know that he didn't.

For what it's worth I think the trailer looks decent.
Cannot be exactly certain where I saw it ( TTY probably) I'm sure Moz said he was aware of the film but had not been consulted about it. Find that hard to believe and given he has not co operated with any other Third Party projects I can't see him starting now.
Presumably a lot of stuff from the film is going to be based on details culled from Autobiography and other press interviews , with other stuff coming from Johnny Rogan's book etc and others added for "dramatic" purposes.
We all know the Facebook statement will be on it's way pointing out what Moz considers to be inaccurate in the film and also he will get no financial reward from it.
I'm looking forward to it - Morrissey should be chuffed that some one wishes to make a film about him which seems sympathetic

not Linder

not Marr

not Morrissey

not

not

not

You are right KS, again!
I am thinking about the possibility the filmmakers could have tried to get in contact with Moz, and let him have some influence or say in the content, at least for anything he supposed to say in it.
I know it can be a delicate issue as to whether they would want to have some distance to the subject as they were afraid of losing their own, independent view, but surely this is always the case when presenting a view, an insight into a character that is still available for it?

I mean, I can't believe Moz wouldn't be charmed and proud a movie would be made of him during this period of his life.
If they had come to some agreement, I bet the real Moz and Linder would be on the red carpet and it would be a great substantial promotion for the film!
Wouldn't it?

You are right KS, again!
I am thinking about the possibility the filmmakers could have tried to get in contact with Moz, and let him have some influence or say in the content, at least for anything he supposed to say in it.
I know it can be a delicate issue as to whether they would want to have some distance to the subject as they were afraid of losing their own, independent view, but surely this is always the case when presenting a view, an insight into a character that is still available for it?

I mean, I can't believe Moz wouldn't be charmed and proud a movie would be made of him during this period of his life.
If they had come to some agreement, I bet the real Moz and Linder would be on the red carpet and it would be a great substantial promotion for the film!
Wouldn't it?

directors like to direct, artists like to control, it's easier of course with out outside views coming in, but what if? what if? I guess we'll never know.

anyways... THE DAMAGE IS DONE. get the popcorn.

As far as movies go, I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure it'll be better than '24 hour party people'!:lbf: hell, ANY film is better than that piece of shit.

directors like to direct, artists like to control, it's easier of course with out outside views coming in, but what if? what if? I guess we'll never know.

anyways... THE DAMAGE IS DONE. get the popcorn.

As far as movies go, I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure it'll be better than '24 hour party people'!:lbf: hell, ANY film is better than that piece of shit.

:popcorn:

Really enjoyed the film.
Maybe too much humour for subject matter

Would recommend you watch but remember it's a film not a tapestry of his early years.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom