Errr...what? - The Smiths Reunion tour - date advertised for Florence, Italy, Sat 15th July 2017

Quando quando quando

Well-Known Member
why ya dragging Scott into this ? Anyways, Mikes ship could of came in big, too bad he was impatient and sunk it long ago with that court case. I'm sure he has regrets now.

Well, sorrow DID come in the end than.
Too late, too late, again. (Could be a song title)
 
......And finally. No records, as promised. No record company will put up with him. Tours incomplete. At what point must pride be swallowed for that $$$$$ headline-grabbing reunion?

That was December 3.:handpointup:

This was December 21. :handpointdown:

If it was done to gull this site, then others have been taken in too. If it isn't true, which is most likely, then why would someone, somewhere, go to the trouble of creating an event, calling it part of the Smiths Reunion tour, and linking on an events site. Sheesh.

Wondering which is worse, UncleForeskin's penchant for a Smiths' Reunion OR
Continuing his criticism of the solo career of Morrissey. Plot thickens....

#UNTILNEXTTIME
 

Surface

Vegan Cro’s parents regret the condom splitting
why ya dragging Scott into this ? Anyways, Mikes ship could of came in big, too bad he was impatient and sunk it long ago with that court case. I'm sure he has regrets now.

Why do you think he has regrets - remember this - After a seven-day hearing, Judge Weeks found in favour of Joyce, ordering that he receive approximately £1 million in back-payments and 25 percent henceforth
 

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><>
Why do you think he has regrets - remember this - After a seven-day hearing, Judge Weeks found in favour of Joyce, ordering that he receive approximately £1 million in back-payments and 25 percent henceforth

yes, but if...IF he had a heart, I think he would regret not being a part of the bigger win (if it ever happens) that is being a part of the reunion. Or regret(sleepless nights for him) in playing a big hand in the reunion not happening... And so, on behalf of everyone.... thank you Mike. :thumb: :straightface:
 
Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Guest
I've heard from my sources that this gig is legit. Some of us have already started queuing. I'm number 7 on the list.
 

Quando quando quando

Well-Known Member
I've heard from my sources that this gig is legit. Some of us have already started queuing. I'm number 7 on the list.

Yes.
I told you so.
But I have to admit my sources are a bit shady, mysterious, and not completely reliable.
Let's say this is not unusual, where they come from.
 
A

Anonymouswithapologies

Guest
although this is some kind of freud or mockery i send my thanks to author who made me fantasize one whole day :D :D
 

Surface

Vegan Cro’s parents regret the condom splitting
Yeah, I reckon this is bull ox. I reckon me pretty sure Morrissey & Marr Productions have a mil payout 40 minute acoustic gig at CHEVROLET that night.

P.S. I reckon do any of you lots know where I can get a Hard Rock Cafe-Las Vegas sweatshirt up here in Picadillyshirewarts United? It would go great with me Yankees cap.

Aztec - you need to put or shut up you thick c***. Here is another of Manchesters finest doing:

1, a corporate gig -
2, The Fan gig -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wt4L40M240

Please supply links to Morrissey/Marr equivalents

Oh, what a surprise you can't - so f*** off you waste of a skin
 

kissmyshadestoo

Cheeky Defendant
*IF* The Smiths were to reunite, and let's say its Morrissey, Johnny and Andy....no Mike they get a fill in drummer. Question....does Mike still get a piece of that money from the lawsuit or is that lawsuit done and he gets no more?
 

Flibberty

Well-Known Member
*IF* The Smiths were to reunite, and let's say its Morrissey, Johnny and Andy....no Mike they get a fill in drummer. Question....does Mike still get a piece of that money from the lawsuit or is that lawsuit done and he gets no more?

If the lawsuit established him as an equal partner, I would assume that he would get a cut of anything Smiths related included touring.
 

Vegan

Well-Known Member
If the lawsuit established him as an equal partner, I would assume that he would get a cut of anything Smiths related included touring.

If so that is friggin' ridiculous. All the evidence suggests Mike was not an "equal partner" and even he knew it. Moz got robbed by a someone that "bears more grudges than lonely high court judges". The Smiths are Moz/Marr. The other two are expendable. This isn't a band like Queen were all four did the writing and scored big hits. Or even The Beatles where all four sang on some hits and three wrote. Moz got cheated because of his politics and bravery in outspokenness over the years. That judge felt he had to slap the mutineer down. f*** Mike Joylessce and Judge Reeks.
 
Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Guest
Just a heads up that the list for those queuing outside the venue is now closed, so all you doubters have missed your chance to make the barrier. Enjoy watching from the back, losers! :p
 

Quando quando quando

Well-Known Member
Just a heads up that the list for those queuing outside the venue is now closed, so all you doubters have missed your chance to make the barrier. Enjoy watching from the back, losers! :p

I've been told the Camorra have invested huge amounts of money in it and The Smiths have to appear. Or else.
They even offered a spare drummer and bassist cause Moz would rather die than ever be in the same line up again. He is the toughest negotiator they ever had to deal with.
 

Flibberty

Well-Known Member
If so that is friggin' ridiculous. All the evidence suggests Mike was not an "equal partner" and even he knew it. Moz got robbed by a someone that "bears more grudges than lonely high court judges". The Smiths are Moz/Marr. The other two are expendable. This isn't a band like Queen were all four did the writing and scored big hits. Or even The Beatles where all four sang on some hits and three wrote. Moz got cheated because of his politics and bravery in outspokenness over the years. That judge felt he had to slap the mutineer down. f*** Mike Joylessce and Judge Reeks.

The issue of songwriting doesn't really matter when it comes to who is legally a member though. It is all about the paperwork and sadly for Morrissey and Marr, they didn't have anything written down.

I am not entirely clear on what the judge's verdict was though. Obviously he decided that Joyce was entitled to 25%, but I'm not sure whether he did specify that he must be considered an equal member in all other regards.
 

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
If so that is friggin' ridiculous. All the evidence suggests Mike was not an "equal partner" and even he knew it. Moz got robbed by a someone that "bears more grudges than lonely high court judges". The Smiths are Moz/Marr. The other two are expendable. This isn't a band like Queen were all four did the writing and scored big hits. Or even The Beatles where all four sang on some hits and three wrote. Moz got cheated because of his politics and bravery in outspokenness over the years. That judge felt he had to slap the mutineer down. f*** Mike Joylessce and Judge Reeks.

All of this is completely irrelevant. It was judged in a court of law. Case closed. Literally. Moz appealed and the appealed was dismissed. Where else do you want to take it?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
If the lawsuit established him as an equal partner, I would assume that he would get a cut of anything Smiths related included touring.
Even if he is legally 25% of the Smiths, he is still outranked by the rest of them - so - I think - the other 75% could agree to boot him out of the band and keep the name. So, obviously, Joyce would still be due his cut from all the old records etc, but any new tour without him, he wouldn't be due anything.

Isn't something similar happening with New Order, where one of them has been forced out and is trying to sue for more money?
 

Cornflakes

"A bit iffy" ★★☆☆☆ - AV Club
Even if he is legally 25% of the Smiths, he is still outranked by the rest of them - so - I think - the other 75% could agree to boot him out of the band and keep the name. So, obviously, Joyce would still be due his cut from all the old records etc, but any new tour without him, he wouldn't be due anything.

Isn't something similar happening with New Order, where one of them has been forced out and is trying to sue for more money?

I don't think there's going to be a reunion any time soon but, if so, think they should have the law on their side provided they make in clear on advertising that Mike isn't involved. Not sure they can totally rule out the possibility of getting sued if they don't straighten things out with him in advance, though.

The New Order case is a bit different, because Peter Hook owns 25% of the name "New Order" as a registered trademark. I don't think anyone ever registered "The Smiths".
 

Flibberty

Well-Known Member
Even if he is legally 25% of the Smiths, he is still outranked by the rest of them - so - I think - the other 75% could agree to boot him out of the band and keep the name. So, obviously, Joyce would still be due his cut from all the old records etc, but any new tour without him, he wouldn't be due anything.

Isn't something similar happening with New Order, where one of them has been forced out and is trying to sue for more money?

Not sure of the logic of that one. If he is legally considered a full member, then he would have to be paid something for the use of the name. But that depends on how the judge ruled exactly. Morrissey's and Marr's were the only signatures on the documents at the time, so it may be still considered that they own the name.

If the judge ruled him to have a right to the name though, he would be due something. For example, The Beach Boys go out on tour and have to pay a percentage to the members who are not in attendance.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom