Eurovision Songcontest, who should win? I vote for Portugal

Well, I now feel ashamed as I liked that song so much but when everybody loves it, and votes for it...... " hangs head". :(
Now I wish Portugal wouldn't win. Still a nice song.
Belgium! Belgium! Belgium! :tears:

I was thinking the same thing. When the outsider becomes the most popular guy he sort of loses his appeal.

A very dignified winner who attacked "fast food music" and the music industry in general before once again performing the winning song which is a throw back to how Eurovision songs used to sound in the 50's.

Portugal is really successful now and after winning the Euro football last year they now win Eurovision on the same day as Benfica clinched the league title. I guess Lisbon is rocking.

I was thinking the same thing. When the outsider becomes the most popular guy he sort of loses his appeal.
except when it's clay aiken. god, i loved clay aiken. oops, wrong show, sorry.:oops:

I hadn't seen Portugal's song when I picked my top five the other day. But a worthy winner. The song is nice, but the performance is what makes it.

First time in a decade the winning song has not been in English. Is this an early consequence of Brexit?

The swedish singer said he hoped for 5th place and he got it.

Italy entry featured a dancer dressed in a monkey suit that copied the moves of the male black dancer that Loreen used some years ago when she won Eurovision representing Sweden.

Not yet. It was only the semi-finals.
Saturday is the final.
Don't know if I will make it as I am already to pieces. Wahh

You were right Quando. I was confused by the list in rtve.es. It's nice to know that finally won the best or at least one of the best. Beautiful song and interpretation.

I hadn't seen Portugal's song when I picked my top five the other day. But a worthy winner. The song is nice, but the performance is what makes it.
First time in a decade the winning song has not been in English. Is this an early consequence of Brexit?

It's nice to know language diversity is accepted. I hadn't seen Bulgaria and Moldavia :)

I agree Cornflakes! :thumb:
I surely hope not.
I'm not that afraid cause the English language is still the world language and it is nice to be able to actually understand what people are singing. I would have a problem if China would become a member too, just like Australia but then again it would be only one song. And maybe it would be in English too?

In the case of Portugal it didn't matter that much cause it transmitted that strange mix of feelings of love, melancholy, that very atmospheric universal feeling.
And hey, Portuguese is such a wonderful musical language to hear.
Difficult but beautiful! ;)

The ban for Russia does not stop the fact that many entries from various countries are in fact financed by people in Russia.

The production of Eurovision is swedish and has been so for many years now. If anyone saw the blonde dude with big hair that is the broadcast manager who held the trophy for the winner, he is best friends with swedish actor Dolph Lundgren.

Together here:

292274AA00000578-3104831-image-a-57_1433166949643.jpg

Taking his place in the plane alongside Dolph:

2922749A00000578-0-image-m-33_1432888308774.jpg

Pictures from this scandal flight to LA during Gumball 2015:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-jet-rampage-saw-relieve-Dolph-Lundgren.html

The ban for Russia does not stop the fact that many entries from various countries are in fact financed by people in Russia.

The production of Eurovision is swedish and has been so for many years now. If anyone saw the blonde dude with big hair that is the broadcast manager who held the trophy for the winner, he is best friends with swedish actor Dolph Lundgren.

Together here:

292274AA00000578-3104831-image-a-57_1433166949643.jpg

Taking his place in the plane alongside Dolph:

2922749A00000578-0-image-m-33_1432888308774.jpg

Pictures from this scandal flight to LA during Gumball 2015:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-jet-rampage-saw-relieve-Dolph-Lundgren.html

La scimmia nuda balla :partypooper:

Quando Quando, after picking the winner for the Eurovision I was wondering if you would also be able to predict who wins the football league in your own country on Sunday?

On the final day Feyenoord is one point ahead of bitter rivals Ajax. Feyenoord are at home to Heracles and Ajax play Willem II away.

I will watch both games at the same time, one on the tv and the other on the laptop screen. Hopefully it will become very exciting and I think that Ajax lost out on the title last year on the last day of the season so will that be repeated?

Feyenoord and Ajax are like cat and dog.

Quando Quando, after picking the winner for the Eurovision I was wondering if you would also be able to predict who wins the football league in your own country on Sunday?

On the final day Feyenoord is one point ahead of bitter rivals Ajax. Feyenoord are at home to Heracles and Ajax play Willem II away.

I will watch both games at the same time, one on the tv and the other on the laptop screen. Hopefully it will become very exciting and I think that Ajax lost out on the title last year on the last day of the season so will that be repeated?

Feyenoord and Ajax are like cat and dog.

Sorry dude, I am too late, seeing your post just now.
Feyenoord did it and all in all, it was to be expected, more or less.
They won at their own stadium, on their own ground where they are almost unbeatable.
I know the pressure was immense but good old Dirk Kuyt who has dealt with this more then once took up once again the role of the leader and scored a triple goal. Officially not a hattrick cause the goals were not in one half of the game.

Congratulations on Feyenoord! They deserved it!

I will make a prediction about the game in Stockholm between Man United and AJAX.
AJAX will win! Don't know how, don't know the score, it will be a hell of a match but they will win!
As long as that evil man Mourinho doesn't order some of his players to immediately kick some of the important AJAX players out of the game!

I just want to see good, exiting, entertaining football.
Without all the f***ing tactics that kill that noble game.
Think about this: The value of the complete selection of AJAX matches that of the left leg of Pogba.

It's just thrilling and exiting to see such a young team being a thread to the big, powerful money based clubs in Europe. Even if they lose they will make quite an impression.
Those young, talented players have a chance in AJAX cause they really play.

They are not being kept in reserve like in so many other big clubs being payed very well but not having a chance to develop and shine. Just bought to keep them away from the competeing big clubs where they wouldn't have a chance either.
I hope AJAX will be able to keep some of their good players.
Especially Ziyech, Klaassen, Dolberg and Sanchez are vital.
Cheers! :thumb:

Last edited:
Sweden should have won for the suits alone. Pure class.

Bengtsson.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, it's true!
But the music, the song, although quite good, wasn't that special and distinguishing enough.
Cheers 12inch!

Pfft. Justin Timberlake would kill for this song, the guy is hot, the suits were perfect, the choreography was perfect.

Douze points from me.

ikea_blue_swiss_roll05.img_assist_custom.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry dude, I am too late, seeing your post just now.
Feyenoord did it and all in all, it was to be expected, more or less.
They won at their own stadium, on their own ground where they are almost unbeatable.
I know the pressure was immense but good old Dirk Kuyt who has dealt with this more then once took up once again the role of the leader and scored a triple goal. Officially not a hattrick cause the goals were not in one half of the game.

Congratulations on Feyenoord! They deserved it!

I will make a prediction about the game in Stockholm between Man United and AJAX.
AJAX will win! Don't know how, don't know the score, it will be a hell of a match but they will win!
As long as that evil man Mourinho doesn't order some of his players to immediately kick some of the important AJAX players out of the game!

I just want to see good, exiting, entertaining football.
Without all the f***ing tactics that kill that noble game.
Think about this: The value of the complete selection of AJAX matches that of the left leg of Pogba.

It's just thrilling and exiting to see such a young team being a thread to the big, powerful money based clubs in Europe. Even if they lose they will make quite an impression.
Those young, talented players have a chance in AJAX cause they really play.

They are not being kept in reserve like in so many other big clubs being payed very well but not having a chance to develop and shine. Just bought to keep them away from the competeing big clubs where they wouldn't have a chance either.
I hope AJAX will be able to keep some of their good players.
Especially Ziyech, Klaassen, Dolberg and Sanchez are vital.
Cheers! :thumb:
These days when someone score three goals it is a hat trick but a proper hattrick is as you say in first half and with no other players scoring inbetween.

Wow, I know I read a post from you stating you hated football and here you reveal yourself as a big Ajax fan. Dutch football is amazing and have always produced fantastic players. Ajax and Man United have a lot of history between them and some ex players will be torn as they have played for and support both clubs.

Pogba was bought for political reasons as the commercial side of the deal revealed and today he was back home as his dad died yesterday.

Like you I am certain Ajax will win the final because they have nothing to lose although once again losing out on the league title on the final day puts a bit more pressure on Ajax or else they will look back at the season as a big failure.

I watched both games today and Feyenoord scored within 40 seconds and then another not long after so their title was never in doubt. Man United started this season in Europe at Feyenoord and will end it against Ajax in the final.

United will be missing a host of players and the plan is to make ex-Ajax player Zlatan lift the trophy for United after he hurt his knee really bad and had to have an operation on it. The entire Stockholm production team for this final have made it their aim to make Zlatan lift it and personally I cannot stand the guy.

Tags
european songfestival
Back
Top Bottom