Ever wonder what is the real use in all of this?

Mozzy1

Ever wonder why you're a fan of a singer/band for so long? I mean, think of the money, time, energy, days off, travels, you've used/considered in order to quench your thirst upon seeing that person/them.

Do you ever find yourself wondering if it's even worth it anymore? It's not like these people even care or anything about us fans...

Did you ever have a band that you spent a lot of money/time/days off/travelled for only to be let down totally & you felt immature for doing this for so long?

How long in your life will you keep going to see these people & how much money/time/days off/travelling will you do to do so? Do you see yourself as immature & unprofessional for doing so?

Simply speaking...think of Morrissey & The Smiths (hence this website)....what do you think he would think of older fans, people nuts enough to travel to see him/them? Etc?

Last edited:
Mozzy1, do you think that your threads will ever be merged into one big mega thread?

I eventually think we should try and get the ENTIRE forum merged into the "What are you thinking" thread just for fun next April Fools.

Will this be part of your platform?

One of the key points of my platform involves drinks for forum members that I run into in NYC. And THAT my friends is something I have a track record for. Simply ask my opponents. Unlike the booty, I deliver on what I promise.

One of the key points of my platform involves drinks for forum members that I run into in NYC. And THAT my friends is something I have a track record for. Simply ask my opponents. Unlike the booty, I deliver on what I promise.

So, are you offering to buy the drinks?

So, are you offering to buy the drinks?

I have a proven track record where I HAVE bought drinks for forum members. My opponent has yet to demonstrate their history in displaying their booty for the forum.

I have a proven track record where I HAVE bought drinks for forum members. My opponent has yet to demonstrate their history in displaying their booty for the forum.

We've seen the VP's "T's" :horny: :D

Ever wonder why you're a fan of a singer/band for so long? I mean, think of the money, time, energy, days off, travels, you've used/considered in order to quench your thirst upon seeing that person/them.

Do you ever find yourself wondering if it's even worth it anymore? It's not like these people even care or anything about us fans...

Did you ever have a band that you spent a lot of money/time/days off/travelled for only to be let down totally & you felt immature for doing this for so long?

How long in your life will you keep going to see these people & how much money/time/days off/travelling will you do to do so? Do you see yourself as immature & unprofessional for doing so?

Simply speaking...think of Morrissey & The Smiths (hence this website)....what do you think he would think of older fans, people nuts enough to travel to see him/them? Etc?

I don't know why anyone would consider it nuts. Until now I was financially unable to follow him around like I wanted to. Isn't life all about having fun? My husband and I have SO much fun following Morrissey tours.

I've been crazy about Morrissey since I was 16. Immature? No, I don't feel immature. I feel sorry for people who feel that way. I feel sorry for people who feel like they have to give up all their whimsical joys when they grow up.

Ever wonder?

I think you do far too much wondering and not enough living Mozzy1

Chill out relax and enjoy life - we only get one go at this

If you enjoy something do it - thats why I at 35 still go nuts at a Morrissey gig and dance crazily at the Smyths or Quarry nights. No regrets whatsoever.

I ask simply b/c some of us have very stressful & high professional jobs where people there look down upon us fans as stupid & immature. I know I shouldn't give a rats arse what they think of me going to see my band as many times as I have but, they do have a point in that, you have to be mature, responsible, professional in life....and not think it's just one big party for people who don't even give a rats arse about us initially. They look their noses down at me & other fans very snottily thinking they are "better" than myself since, they think w/ their big houses/educations/cars/families that they are more "professional". It's just sickening...It's very, very competitive in a job such as this.

It's like a double standard too, damned if you go, damned if you don't.

I'll be honest, this is the same problem I'm having AGAIN....next Wednesday is the Bunnymen gig in NYC. There's a meet-up planned but, AGAIN I'm on the see-saw b/c of my professionalism w/in the aspects of my job or just living it up, partying & going....plus, my inate cynical criticism negatively of myself as always doesn't "help" too much either. Seriously, just look around at people, there's A LOT of "better off" people than yourself. I'm talking in their appearances, occupations, statuses, educations, etc. I know it's WRONG to compare but, sometimes working hard to become even more "better off" is stressful than the professionalisms regarding job responsibilities in itself.....Has anyone ever just walked into a place, seen people that are TOTALLY better than you? That's what I'm talking about.

So, again, time to agonize about going but, I'll get my coat on this subject now.

So, we'll see...hey though, if you have a lot of confidence people in not caring at all about statuses, appearances, occupations, educations in comparisons w/ people than, you ARE great...& I hope you have a great life!

So, we'll see...hey though, if you have a lot of confidence people in not caring at all about statuses, appearances, occupations, educations in comparisons w/ people than, you ARE great...& I hope you have a great life!

I only care about what people close to me might think of me. And so should you.

I ask simply b/c some of us have very stressful & high professional jobs where people there look down upon us fans as stupid & immature. I know I shouldn't give a rats arse what they think of me going to see my band as many times as I have but, they do have a point in that, you have to be mature, responsible, professional in life....and not think it's just one big party for people who don't even give a rats arse about us initially. They look their noses down at me & other fans very snottily thinking they are "better" than myself since, they think w/ their big houses/educations/cars/families that they are more "professional". It's just sickening...It's very, very competitive in a job such as this.

I'll be honest, this is the same problem I'm having AGAIN....next Wednesday is the Bunnymen gig in NYC. There's a meet-up planned but, AGAIN I'm on the see-saw b/c of my professionalism w/in the aspects of my job or just living it up, partying & going....plus, my inate cynical criticism negatively of myself as always doesn't "help" too much either. Seriously, just look around at people, there's A LOT of "better off" people than yourself. I'm talking in their appearances, occupations, statuses, educations, etc. I know it's WRONG to compare but, sometimes working hard to become even more "better off" is stressful than the professionalisms regarding job responsibilities in itself.....Has anyone ever just walked into a place, seen people that are TOTALLY better than you? That's what I'm talking about.

So, again, time to agonize about going but, I'll get my coat on this subject now.

I don't understand why you think you can't have it both ways. Lots of us here have the house/car/education/family that you speak of, but we still follow Morrissey around to his shows when we can manage it.

Following parts of his tour is just like any vacation to me. It doesn't mean that I don't have a normal life when I'm not doing that.

bizarre post and i dont really understand all of it - but what exactly has your job and work colleagues got to do with what bands you go and see?

You seem to tie yourself up in knots Mozzy1.

Back
Top Bottom