"Everyday is Like Sunday" 1988 promotional film ~ alternate location sound mix

Apologies if this is generally known about, but í certainly wasn't aware of it, and can find no mention in the relevant 'literature'.

This appears to be a version of Tim Broad's promotional film for "Everyday is Like Sunday" with seaside location sound mixed in throughout the film, as well as Sunday afternoon chit-chat from Billie & Cheryl. And a brief Hawtrey duet with Morrissey at the end.

Previously excerpted as a stand-alone amongst the odds and sods on the "Hulmerist" collection, í assume this early sound mix was rejected for full-on Moz-a-rama.
Or ~ was this how it was shown at the time? í am sure that í would have remembered noticing Charles pipe up on "The Chart Show" Etc.
The versions on "Hulmerist", "¡Oye Esteban!", YouTube Etc all feature the standard audio.

Unearthed on the site of Mike Southon, BSC, who was the director of photography on this, and many other 'classic' pop videos of the day. He also worked on many BBC Arts documentaries {including filming Jobriath's last appearance in the Arena "Chelsea Hotel" film of 1981.}

https://www.mikesouthon.biz/portfolio/morrisey-every-day-is-like-sunday

And yes, Mike spells his name wrong, and the everyday should be one word, but...at least he could be bothered to turn up to the shoot. Which is more than some...

:tiphat:

Last edited:
Southend - somewhere I visited just due to this video.
It was all I thought it would be and slightly less :)
TTBOMR, I remember the Hawtrey audio on videos at the time (inc The Chart Show).
I am happy to accept that is a Mandela Effect or wishful thinking,
but I do remember the cup of tea comment without lip reading too.
Regards,
FWD.

Southend - somewhere I visited just due to this video.
It was all I thought it would be and slightly less :)
TTBOMR, I remember the Hawtrey audio on videos at the time (inc The Chart Show).
I am happy to accept that is a Mandela effect or wishful thinking,
but I do remember the cup of tea comment without lip reading too.
Regards,
FWD.
What is TTBOMR?

I always had a crush on that girl. When I was a teenager, I longed to have a Morrissey companion to listen to Moz with... Those were the days...

Now I have all you guys. ?

i always wondered how he knew she was looking at him from her telescope. what vision!

Last edited:
I must say it's precisely this kind of eagle-eyed thoroughness that keeps me checking this site regularly. Thank you to all of you dedicated completists.

Wild T!

Sunday Telescope 2.jpg

Sunday Turkey.jpg

I always had a crush on that girl. When I was a teenager, I longed to have a Morrissey companion to listen to Moz with... Those were the days...

Now I have all you guys. ?
I know how you feel about having a moz companion or lack of one ( most do on here) I’ve been ridiculed for years, back in the day.... it made me stronger.... only on Saturday evening I was informed by a guest in my own home that “ he has always f***ing hated the smiths” but one thing is for sure ... yes you do have us guys...

Well if you want to ruin the magic of the song, then this is a great mix.

When Moz lived on Sweetzer... I pulled up in my little Kia piece of crap. He was walking down the steps to go out for a Friday evening.
I jumped out of my car and said “Hi, how are you? Is it ok if I get a picture”? He shouted “NO”. I felt like a piece of shit. I could not believe my Morrissey of all those years was so rude to me... As I walked away, he walked towards his garage. I thought to myself “oh hell no”! So I went back into my car and did the tight 360 to go back down the hill - he just stood there looking at me. I guess he didn’t want me to see him lift the manual garage door to go into his car. As I passed him - I stopped and lowered my window. I said “Your a real asshole. You know how much shit I took because I was a fan - throughout all my school years”? He shouted “FINE”.
So, like a little kid, I parked and grabbed my little Kodak disposable camera - I hadn’t even noticed, but Nancy Sinatra had pulled up but she didn’t get out of her white Escalade. Moz was talking shit about me. I could tell. Anyways, it was brief and she drove away.
My camera was not working. He was getting very pissed. He said “PLEASE DON’T PUT THIS ON THE INTERNET”. I said I promised I would not. Anyways, I got the pic. I said thank you and he asked where I was from. I told him San Diego. He said why are you here? I told him I design gardens and his neighbor two houses down wanted a meeting with me. So I drove down slowly and looked at my mirror as he waited for me to leave. But I could see as he thought I could not see him anymore... He squatted and opened a little Masterlock and lifted the garage door. I saw his Porsche. I thought to myself - how the hell do you have that car and this house and no automatic garage door with a remote? The house was falling apart either way - it needed a lot of work. I don’t think he even knew his home was falling apart.
That’s all.

I reckon did you delusional sociopath loonies even notice that the California Son is nowhere to be seen and a million miles away from whatever Brittish shithole that vid was filmed inn n nn n nnn n it.

I reckon it is a shame that the California Son agreed to let that foreign Brittish film company do a story on his real life in LA "the importance of being the California Son". He really loved that house on Sweetzer because of all it's Hollywood history. After the film, every foreign loonie mainly from Brittin converged on Moz Angeles and started sleeping in the trash cans at the bottom of the driveway. I am sure they post here. That's why he would always ask "where are you from" because if you had a foreign accent he would run. It got real dangerous for him and remember him getting real paranoid. He had spent a lot of money on a top notch security team and even they were amazed at the lunacy. After him and Nancy got married and moved to Malibu to their secret location with the California Son Junior, things calmed down, but I know he misses that place c*** tit scouwzer twat inn nn nnn nn nnnnnnn n nnnnn n it.

Thanks for the video, it's the first time I have seen it. His eye caught the reflection of the sun off her spyglass when he happened to look in that direction. He shields himself from the glare.

I like Morrissey's voice and his phrasing is his trademark. In that way, he is like Frank Sinatra and it does not surprise me that his daughter would take notice of it and appreciate Morrissey for his work.

I am a very satisfied meat eater and so is my cat. Please do not hate me nor my cat. Thanks again.

good to see carry on abroad,ellsbells.
love seaside towns,its like a bygone era.

good to see carry on abroad,ellsbells.
love seaside towns,its like a bygone era.

While Blackpool spends a lot of money trying to become a mini Vegas, 30 mins up the road takes you to Morecambe, which is firmly stuck in the era that this video depicts.

As an aside, it's also where you can currently find Linder wandering along the seafront.

I do think that this version is just a sound overlay... All the parts with the dialogue appears solo, with no music, in snippets at the Hulmerist VHS/DVD. So, Im guessing thats why many of us remember about the dialogues... This could have been mixed for the video or recently, but Im pretty sure that the video itself does not have the dialogues

When Moz lived on Sweetzer... I pulled up in my little Kia piece of crap. He was walking down the steps to go out for a Friday evening.
I jumped out of my car and said “Hi, how are you? Is it ok if I get a picture”? He shouted “NO”. I felt like a piece of shit. I could not believe my Morrissey of all those years was so rude to me... As I walked away, he walked towards his garage. I thought to myself “oh hell no”! So I went back into my car and did the tight 360 to go back down the hill - he just stood there looking at me. I guess he didn’t want me to see him lift the manual garage door to go into his car. As I passed him - I stopped and lowered my window. I said “Your a real asshole. You know how much shit I took because I was a fan - throughout all my school years”? He shouted “FINE”.
So, like a little kid, I parked and grabbed my little Kodak disposable camera - I hadn’t even noticed, but Nancy Sinatra had pulled up but she didn’t get out of her white Escalade. Moz was talking shit about me. I could tell. Anyways, it was brief and she drove away.
My camera was not working. He was getting very pissed. He said “PLEASE DON’T PUT THIS ON THE INTERNET”. I said I promised I would not. Anyways, I got the pic. I said thank you and he asked where I was from. I told him San Diego. He said why are you here? I told him I design gardens and his neighbor two houses down wanted a meeting with me. So I drove down slowly and looked at my mirror as he waited for me to leave. But I could see as he thought I could not see him anymore... He squatted and opened a little Masterlock and lifted the garage door. I saw his Porsche. I thought to myself - how the hell do you have that car and this house and no automatic garage door with a remote? The house was falling apart either way - it needed a lot of work. I don’t think he even knew his home was falling apart.
That’s all.
A really good description.
I could see all the images so vividly, and get the feeling of the scenes described.
A nice feeling I must say.
Thank you for this.

Was kinda wonderin' if Moz was inspired by Champagne And Wine by Otis Redding.
Otis sings "Everyday is gonna just be like Sunday" (2:10).
Haha. It really could be.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom