'Everyday Is Like Sunday' lyrics change

Does anyone know what Morrissey keeps singing in the chorus of EDILS? It sounds like 'Everyday is like Sunday/Crackle, crackle, crackle'. I'm sure it's not that but I can't make it out.

When, that is the question, only smarties have the answer. Moz is a little gem
X

I always thought this meant 'why' but apparently it's Portuguese for 'when'. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Although, some say he is in fact simply name-checking our own QQQ here on this site :)

Thanks so much for the honour but as you can guess I don’t deserve it.

I can understand people being a little bit dissspointed when he did that lyric change in such an iconic song that means so much to so many fans.

But the first time I heard it I just had to laugh very loudly as I thought it was hilarious.

I like the self mocking and think it is typical for Moz, without destroying the deeply touching and moving expression of the melancholy.

So then I decided to use the frase as My membername. :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the honour but as you can guess I don’t deserve it.

I can understand people being a little bit dissspointed when he did that lyric change in such an iconic song that means so much to so many fans.

But the first time I heard it I just had to laugh very loudly as I thought it was hilarious.

I like the self mocking and think it is typical for Moz, without destroying the deeply touching and moving expression of the melancholy.

So then I decided to hse the frase as My membername. :)
Well, it always makes me laugh now because it makes me think he's singing about you. I thought he did mean it ironically in the beginning, but the way he trots it out now I'm beginning to wonder. And yes, a shame to mess with an iconic song, but I guess it must get boring singing the same thing over and over and you've got to stay awake somehow. But if I were you I would just enjoy the notoriety :)

Well, it always makes me laugh now because it makes me think he's singing about you. I thought he did mean it ironically in the beginning, but the way he trots it out now I'm beginning to wonder. And yes, a shame to mess with an iconic song, but I guess it must get boring singing the same thing over and over and you've got to stay awake somehow. But if I were you I would just enjoy the notoriety :)

I am enjoying the notoriety even though I explained it is based on nothing.

I am just a crazy Moz fan like so many others.
Not following him around for every concert but I don’t criticise the fans that are doing just that.

It is ultimately their lives and they can do what they want.

It is all about the music and if a singer can move me to tears, make me cry and make me laugh that is wonderful.

I know if such a charmer and character gets inside your head he could be playing with you like a puppet.

But honestly, despite all the derogatory comments, the character assignation I think he is a very intelligent, kind, funny and challenging person and a great artist.
One of a kind. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom