EXIT the debut novel by Shane Filer mentions Morrissey

An anonymous person writes:

EXIT by NZ author Shane Filer features a scene where the main characters stalk Morrissey at a concert in Indianapolis.

‘Exit’ is the story of Briar who spent a year trapped in her room, suffering from agoraphobia. Six years on, she’s free, yet ripples from the year’s isolation still lap at the edges of her life, especially when she meets a man who thinks he’s the reincarnation of Robin Hood - stealing from the rich to give to the poor, and he begins to draw her into his dark world. Ripples echo down through the years, leading her to the answer to one very simple question: is she losing her mind?

exit.jpg

Book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wedQg_Y7dHE

Excerpt:

As the crowd disperses, we make our way to the toilets, but quickly pass them; through the corridor a dull persistent hum...but then Melodie changes her mind and decides what she really needs first — is a joint. We backtrack.
Dark corridors and a muffled dance beat. She and I are in the toilet. The latch switches definitively shut and I slam down the toilet seat and sit. Melodie sits on me and I hold her hips as she makes dance-rave hand movements in the air with one
hand and scuffles in her handbag with the other.
She is very tiny.
And feels soft.
And warm…Bobbing her head and wiggling her body to lingering or imagined music Melodie takes out a joint — lights and offers it to me. I have only ever smoked weed twice and both times have been bad, but I take it between my lips… smoke drifts away… shimmering grey halos gather above us.
And then the fire alarm goes off. Everything now is a blur.
She is so soft.
Screaming. She is throwing the joint between my legs down the toilet. Flushing.
We rush out, and Melodie with some dulled, spasmic movements is punching numbers into a door.
It swings open and we tumble, like laundry onto a white floor. Ahead of us another door to a dressing room opens. There is a flash of luminescent blue jacket and the shaved back of a head.
It’s him.
Melodie screams, “Morrissey!”
Yet before he can react the dark bulky shapes of security guards appear in front of us. Their blackness cloaks out our view.
In the real world, they drag us away kicking and screaming and Morrissey never notices. He calmly walks to the exit with his minders, the commotion behind him an insignificant distraction.
But in my mind… things go a little differently…
In my mind, Morrissey looks over his shoulder. He stops for a second. There is the velvet smooth English northern voice. The world slows down. His words seem to say to me.
“Yes. I am lonely. And so are you.”
Blackness.

Amazon.com purchase link.

Published December 2nd from Biblio Publishing, USA

More info via yahoo news:

NZ author's debut novel released in the US - PR.co.nz, Fuseworks / Yahoo News New Zealand

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but was has this got to do with this site,another cheapo production,people seeking attention...try farcebook or twatter

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom