'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
he's right,

most people here are a bunch of angry kids sitting in their mother's basement

we all know why moz uses true to you,its that whore julia who buys his loyalty with presents and gifts and bends over backwards for him,she hates competition,this shows by him wearing the t shirts,grow up mozzer,fans want to know whats going on,without a bias towards your pet bitch julia,if you are going to complain about something then make it more public, ie the shitty tories and the price of taxes and fuel:(not a petty squabble,so stop f***ing around playing games,get a label,any f***in label and release an album,you have had more labels than asda,as for sitting in my mothers basement??? Im english we dont have f***ing basements,unless its for keeping corpses in,so lets just get on with it and make some tunes

He's a twat. Was a pretentious prick while with the Smiths. Continues to be one into his 50's.

(I became a fan in 2006)

Not a lot of room for perspective about the site, then.

Truly Sad that such a well-read intelligent man such as Morrisssey can be so sadly wrong.

Morrissey-solo IS the Morrissey news site of record on the internet . Period.

I think it's time to ignore him. And properly ignore this site as well. This site has effectively died about 2 years ago, possibly before that. Most sensible posters have left, and the majority post comments are immature and tactless (!Viva Hate! comes to mind). This website has been sustained by the dedication of its moderators, who faithfully update this site and the equally dedicated true fans of Morrissey, who are not boorish and are not wholly represented by this site. Most are quite thoughtful, intelligent somewhat socially maladaptive people who are all unique individually but collectively embodied the once keenly intelligent and thoughtful Morrissey, before he become a bore himself. It's funny that Morrissey decries the malleability of the masses and self-righteously accuses other pop stars as abiding by media-driven formula, when his own actions confine him to the "miserable" stereotype. And he won't let up. If I were a Morrissey fan from the beginning of his solo career (I became a fan in 2006), I would predict his future output to be elegant, poised and marked by clarity both in lyrical and musical content. I would expect him to gain wisdom because of his experiences and I would expect him to have greater concern for the world beyond himself. Morrissey having an opinion about something, doesn't automatically mean he cares for situations beyond his own solipsism. When Morrissey tries to defend a cause, his position is daftly supported (subspecies comment), creating more damage than good. The continued deterioration of this site maybe parallel to Morrissey's own and very public deterioration. It's sad because I truly love his music and I appreciate this site.

Last edited:
Friends -

I've been coming here since I first found, and fell in love with, Morrissey in the early 2000's. This site, and David's generosity of time and real estate, have turned me into a passionate fan of Morrissey's music. We are all ambassadors of Morrissey, I believe; in my own small circle, I advocate and advance the man wherever I can. This website is the meeting place of the Morrissey ambassadors, strewn out all over quiet cities. Our buttons and quiffs and full hearts. There may have been things said or implied here that hurt him at some time. There's some rubbish everywhere you go. But there are many, many of his fans who tune in here daily to pay homage, to give respect, to keep this man relevant, valid, and right in these wrong times. I must say my heart sank when I read he wore those words on his chest, my heart broke when I saw the image. A bow to Morrissey-Solo.Com

Love,

A

There must be a village somewhere in England missing an idiot and that idiot would be named Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Some random thought about Morrissey.

I’ve followed The Smiths then Moz from the mid-80s. I’m Australian (sorry!) so it’s mostly been a distant affection! Saw him in early 90s and he was fantastic. And clearly Morrissey-Solo has done a wonderful job for him.

I was/am attracted to that voice and those lyrics. Personally, I am an outsider, life is not easy and I feel “different”. There is a block which makes the act of living very difficult. I do feel that a lot of people are rude and inconsiderate. Sometimes I have “a wild man in my head”. For me that’s a big part of the attraction – my (imagined) similarity to Moz. I am intensely loyal to those close to me but may be seen by others to be truculent, distant or plain difficult.

I was initially disturbed by Morrissey’s message – and still am for those that run this site – but for others isn’t it Moz just being Moz? Have a listen to YATQ – that is probably the state he is in. I imagine that with his psyche; it is very brave to expose himself to the World all these years. Sometimes he says things that go too far. But it can’t be easy to be in his shoes. As much as you can love a complete stranger, I love him.

I say you spin this and profit. Have this shirts produced at once and for sale on this site exclusively. It's your site. He can't copyright a shirt with your brand on it.

Can't really see the heinous crime that the majority on this site are accusing him of....did he instigate the T-Shirts...no! they've been
readily available on the net for some time (Inc mugs/boxer shorts etc!!!), is it ground breaking news that he's not a fan of this site...no! he's numerously expressed his dislike of all things morrissey-solo........so what the hell, everyone on this site prior to the t-shirt wearing event knew this and still raved about the man and his current form, so what difference does it make? (no pun intended)...now all of a sudden, most of you have got the arse.

The man is who he is....live with it...my god, that's what attracted most of us to him and his music for 30 years or so, long may it continue.

Viva Moz...

Wow, well it looks like you guys have something to be miserable about now when you listen to his music. Grow up.

So many of you are way off. If you just visited the forum (where the real info is presented and dissected), you would be able to draw some clonclusions on why morrissey had the shirt on.

So...Boz Boorer has a facebook page. He is actualy very communicative on his page. People there were talking to him about how people here were slagging off morrissey's new songs and his band...including Boz. One morrissey fan wrote on Boz's wall that the band should where t-shirts that say "f*** Morrissey-solo.com." And, abot five days later, they did just that.

Quite frankly, there is still no proof that Morrissey himself even visits this site. It actually seems it's Boz who reads this site sometimes and it was he who told MOrrissey they should wear these shirts.

It's also worth noting that Boz agreed with the facebook morrissey fan that morrissey-solo.com is not a place for fans, but just anonymous trolls. So you see, this is why morrissey and the band do not like this site...it's the fact that hateful things are said about morrissey and the band and davidt does not do enough to stop it. it's not fredom of speech when these trolls start making fat jokes toward Boz. It's highly nasty and immature. It's embarrassing to Morrissey quite frankly.

So people relax, i'm sure morrissey still likes his fans, but it's obvious this site is having a negative effect on him and his band. Time for Davidt to stop being so arrogant and take some action against the nastiness of morrissey-solo.com

--L.A. fan--

we all know why moz uses true to you,its that whore julia who buys his loyalty with presents and gifts and bends over backwards for him,she hates competition,this shows by him wearing the t shirts,grow up mozzer,fans want to know whats going on,without a bias towards your pet bitch julia,if you are going to complain about something then make it more public, ie the shitty tories and the price of taxes and fuel:(not a petty squabble,so stop f***ing around playing games,get a label,any f***in label and release an album,you have had more labels than asda,as for sitting in my mothers basement??? Im english we dont have f***ing basements,unless its for keeping corpses in,so lets just get on with it and make some tunes

Classic! I love your comment on not having basements in the UK. That have me a great laugh. Good point sir!

I will only ignore this site when it's gone and no longer available. If you ignore some of the sillier posts/replies and stick to the main page it is a great source of information, even if all you want to see is the list of songs from the most recent concerts etc. I hope it stays going for years. I think most of us are level-headed enough to know how to pick and choose items of interest from the site.
A.C.T.O.N.

That, at the age of 52, Steve is reduced to this is as hilarious as it is pathetic. I hope he doesn't get rid of his current band - they complement the talent of Morrissey in the twenty-first century perfectly. As with 'Years of Refusal', I'll be downloading the next album before release - those power chords never get old.

Long may your downward trajectory continue, Steve (if, that is, you can ever convince another foolhardy record company that you & your band merit a deal).

I don't have time to read through all 220 comments, honestly, so if I am redundent, forgive me.

I say you capitalize on this and profit from him. Have these exact shirts printed up at once and post for sale on this site.

Keep in mind, he cannot copyright anything with your website alias on it. It's got your website on it, go to a screenprinter with this picture and have them made, post them for sale here and tons of us would buy them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom