'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The kind people, have a wonderful dream, Morrissey-So-Low on the guillotine...

I knew the big guy snooped around this site i would if i had a fan base

I don't know if I have a fanbase, but I would Snoopy around. :) (I wouldn't want to upset Jesse though so maybe I wouldn't, and would just read a comic and have a cuppa, you know.)

Morrissey so yesterday's paper hasn't done anything original in years.

Yeah, I think you've posted in the wrong place.

The irony, in the circumstances!

Chapter VI

Of the Inhabitants of Lilliput; their Learning, Laws, and Customs, the Manner of educating their Children. The Author's Way of living in that Country. His Vindication of a great Lady.

Although I intend to leave the Description of this Empire to a particular Treatise, yet in the mean time I am content to gratify the curious Reader with some general Ideas. As the common Size of the Natives is somewhat under six Inches high, so there is an exact Proportion in all other Animals, as well as Plants and Trees: For instance, the tallest Horses and Oxen are between four and five Inches in height, the Sheep an Inch and a half, more or less: their Geese about the bigness of a Sparrow, and so the several Gradations downwards till you come to the smallest, which, to my sight, were almost invisible; but Nature had adapted the Eyes of the Lilliputians to all Objects proper for their view: They see with great exactness, but at no great distance. And to show the sharpness of their Sight towards Objects that are near, I have been much pleased with observing a Cook pulling a Lark, which was not so large as a common Fly; and a young Girl threading an invisible Needle with invisible Silk. Their tallest Trees are about seven foot high; I mean some of those in the great Royal Park, the Tops whereof I could but just reach with my Fist clenched. The other Vegetables are in the same Proportion; but this I leave to the Reader's Imagination.

I shall say but little at present of their Learning, which for many Ages had flourished in all its Branches among them; But their manner of Writing is very peculiar, being neither from the Left to the Right, like the Europeans; nor from the Right to the Left, like the Arabians; nor from up to down, like the Chinese; nor from down to up, like the Cascagians; but aslant from one Corner of the Paper to the other, like Ladies in England.

They bury their Dead with their Heads directly downwards, because they hold an Opinion, that in eleven thousand Moons they are all to rise again, in which Period the Earth (which they conceive to be flat) will turn upside down, and by this means they shall, at their Resurrection, be found ready standing on their Feet. The Learned among them confess the Absurdity of this Doctrine, but the Practice still continues, in compliance to the Vulgar...
http://4umi.com/swift/gulliver/lilliput/6

This time reminds me of another legend, David Bowie was flogging his band Tin Machine, fans were indifferent to the music and band, he dropped it after 2 albums.
This again remind me of when Moz was playing the ill concieved Southpaw, in support of a David Bowie tour, fans were indifferent to the music, moz left the tour faking a sicknote.

If fans dont get the music, then somethings got too give...
Moz Sacks half the band and go into a different musical direction.
Moz gets a record deal make the album he wants, album flops or explodes.
Moz sucks his thumb and unites with Johnny Marr.
Moz rests his voice, writes children books anonymously.

Moz rests his voice, writes children books anonymously.

Something like "Go the f@ck to sleep" by A. Mansbach, that Bobo reads to Momo every evening at bedtime when on tour because, as an experienced father, he knows acquiring a good vocabulary at an early age is very important?

:)

I would shut down the site if I were David T. This is the only site I come to find info on Morrissey. I read somewhere else that the shirts are a response because fans have complained in this site about his new songs, and his band. Well, Not everyone can like everything an artitst does. Sweetie Pie, I find, is an awful song. Some people might think is brilliant. Also, Alain White is not in the band anymore........ I think this is an asshole move on Morrissey's part.

Anyway, thanks David T for this site. Take it down.

Fantastic work; I'm going to use that. I hope you don't mind.

Use? like, in a bookywook? Well I don't know, you'd have to ask Russell, he's the one who works at rearranging oo and k's and y's and what have you's for money, me Im just dyslexikish.

He can't be far, I'll give him a shout.

RUSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL???

just wanted to post to show support for David T - this site was a shining beacon during the wilderness years - and it is always an interesting (and often provocative) read.

Yeah, f*** So-Low indeed: it needed to be said.

The notion expressed by some in this thread that Moz owes everything to So-Low, that So-Low carried him through the supposed "lean years" is stupid and vainglorious beyond belief. Like all artists, he managed just fine before the internet existed, and he would undoubtedly survive if So-Low ceased to continue (and if I were David T, I would be hanging my head in my shame right now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_WV91jx8E

(phew. Did it.)

wow, the fact that morrissey wears that t-shirt at all means he's actually reading the stuff on this site! isn't that odd?

that's brilliant! i want one.
this site is ok IF you can avoid the temptation to click on "comments" which should be more accurately labeled- " irrelevant unsolicited nonsensical drivel" section. and yes i'm aware of the irony, temptation gets the better of all of us.

I like that we cannot see anymore who and how many are online.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom