'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww...this makes me sad. Regardless of what Morrissey thinks I'd hate it if this site didn't exist or closed down. Where else can you get an update within 30 minutes of Morrissey finishing a gig? Or find a reasonabley priced ticket to a to sold out venues via other fans? Or know when there is a radio/magazine interview? For me it keeps the momentum going. I know Morrissey likes to use True To You to issue statements etc...but, if I go there more often than not there is nothing happening/updated. I would like to think that most people that come here do so for the same reasons as me and we are mostly silent readers who don't give a second look or thought to negative or silly posts. I think David creating Morrissey-Solo and keeping the wheels turning for all these years is in its simplest form a true labour of love. Please keep the momemtum going...

You are so very right! Couldn't have said it more precise!

Without reading any of the comments, I'd like to offer the reason it hurt me so much. Morrissey has asked, it seemed, to be defended. So here, the place where there is much to defend, it has become my home. There is nothing to fight for, to honor at the other sites. It's just coddling. So he makes this statement, I'm assuming to protect the honor of his band, but fails to recognize that he shot in the back the good people defending him in the trenches. It's closed minded and irresponsible of him. There are many who love him here, he seems to lack the forethought of the repercussions of his actions. It is a disappointing situation on a number of levels.

Amie

www.cafepress.com/f***morrisseysolo

Oh my, I got a kick out of this. It's this kind of Yankee-know-how that Greece and other broke European countries can learn from. We'll get out of this recession soon enough. Buy a bib.

Morrissey has a love-hate relationship with this site. It is what it is and yet, for every troll that comes on here and says the same old crap over and over again, there are hundreds of great people who are generous enough to share their stories, their music, their video, gossip or whatever. David does a great job, albeit a thankless job with this site and I hope this site will continue on for a long time.

There is simply not one site out there that's better.

This is truly, truly disappointing. Moz, why do you hate your fans so much? Most of this site is a forum, where fans exchange ideas and critique and yes - heaven forbid - gossip about your music. Your sales are down, your tours are not selling, your fanbase is getting older, you can't get a record label to work with you, and to be honest, your music has generally lost its luster. This is the one place where there is energy and excitement about what you do. I'm not saying you have to endorse it, but certainly this latest stunt is counterproductive, isn't it? Would you prefer your fans to exist in an internet vacuum, as if that were possible?

I consider this an affront to all fans, the good/bad/ugly, all of us. It's such a shame. I don't wear t-shirts that say "f*** Moz for cancelling yet another show" or "f*** Moz for putting out another greatest hits compilation" or anything like that. Between the racism and the other extremist bullshit, it's hard to be a fan of Moz these days. To top it off, he hates the only real fan site that is actually relevant anymore. As if a poster for Young the Giant on the other site matters!

I can only assume that this means that Moz doesn't want an organized fan site, and if that's the case, I don't think DavidT should continue. I certainly wouldn't be able to spend another minute on this project, which has done mostly positive work on Moz's behalf.

Moz, if you're so miserable now, just call it a day and spend the rest of your days in self indulgent activities that make you happy instead of fighting with this site and your fans. You don't have to make music or perform anymore. If you stop doing that, and DavidT closes the site, it won't be long before you're musical histr'y.

CBF

truer words were never spoken.....my interest in Morrissey would be ZERO if it weren't for this site. Its at the top of my bookmark list & its a site I visit most everyday...I don't bother with all the petty bitching around here. I come here for the love of the music...Moz owes a HUGE debt to David T for helping keep the fans interested.

Thanks to this site, i was fortunate enough to obtain 2 tickets for last nights gig at COST PRICE, when these good people could have easily have made a nice wedge on ebay and my eternal thanks go out to them. A case of engage brain before operating mouth me thinks. oh and by the way he was amazing as always, roll on Leeds! Long live morrisseysolo.com and Moz!

Morrissey is so ungrateful for the fans that support him and purchase his music. This site certainly has it's issues, but overall it provides fans with the most up - to - date information. True to you looks like it is run by a 6 year old. Morrissey wonders why nobody is knocking on the door with an offer to sign him to a deal. Unlike his fans that are devoted to his every move the record industry is sick and tired of his bi polar behaviour. I went to the Black Keys last night and several times throughout the show they thank everyone for come out. Morrissey on the other hand just wants your hard earned money and could give a shit about much else. I think we should all print t-shirts that say " f*** YOU MORRISSEY".

Wow, just heard about the 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' t-shirt and I've made the rare journey to this site to congratulate Morrissey! (Of course he won't be reading this, haha). I'm glad he decided to highlight the fact that this website is a bag of bollocks littered with brainless fools. I can't be bothered to read the comments on this thread but the last one says it all - 'my interest in Morrissey would be ZERO if it weren't for this site'. Sorry to disappoint you but this means that your interest is ZERO full stop, this website has nothing to do with music, Morrissey's music has been around far longer than this bleeding forum. How on earth does he need this forum to keep fans interested... delusional to say the least! I suggest you get a life (and some records).

This sort of sycophancy is central to Morrissey's apparent burgeoning personality disorder.

Wow, just heard about the 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' t-shirt and I've made the rare journey to this site to congratulate Morrissey! (Of course he won't be reading this, haha). I'm glad he decided to highlight the fact that this website is a bag of bollocks littered with brainless fools. I can't be bothered to read the comments on this thread but the last one says it all - 'my interest in Morrissey would be ZERO if it weren't for this site'. Sorry to disappoint you but this means that your interest is ZERO full stop, this website has nothing to do with music, Morrissey's music has been around far longer than this bleeding forum. How on earth does he need this forum to keep fans interested... delusional to say the least! I suggest you get a life (and some records).

That's right, darlin. Just keep feeding the monster.

David,

I would take this asshole to court when he touches down on American soil. His track record in front of a judge is about the same as his new material. HORRIBLE

What overwhelming negativity? If people think the new stuff is disappointing do they no longer have the right to say so? If he makes ill-informed and idiotic statements about Ireland is he somehow beyond contradiction? That might be the case in the tour bus, but not in the real world.

This is a guy who has based his career on courting controversy. That's fine, many do, but for him to then moan about reactions he does not like is facile.

I get a feeling Morrissey's inner circle is not very dissimilar to Elvis's Memphis mafia. Too many 'yes' men, too few, if any, willing or able to challenge him. He seems to seek to extend that control elsewhere.

Can tales of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches being flown in be far behind? That would certainly help to explain the weight gain.

Dear Johnny Barleycorn,

What are you freaking on about. Because it looks like it is blatantly you Johnny Barleycorn who is the one sparking, spawning negativity. Wait. Anger is an energy and you are the one utilizing and directing your energy wrongfully. Propelling. Bloody hell. Why do you keep insisting, mimicking and persisting that my baby Morrissey is fat for? Just for that Johnny, guess what. You are a cum slut whore. Cause I won’t have that. F**k it. Morrissey is too skinny. When he is singing You’re The One For Me Fatty – that is to the person he is with or thinking of Johnny. And Morrissey is too thin, but then his upper arms as evident in the picture with the t-shirt, are so strong. I want to bite my initials into them. Are you just jealous of him?

Morrissey is my baby. I don’t give three flying f**ks if you think I’m out of my mind, out of my God damn skull or if you think I’m psychotic. You’re full of it. Coz feelings are never wrong. By the way, quit trashing Morrissey’s new songs. Action is my favorite one. Have you seen how gorgeous and precious Morrissey looks in the Glastonbury video so why in the world shouldn’t Morrissey eat Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwiches. Do you know what soul mates is? Or is it that you are just a witch. You bitch. Morrissey needs to eat Elvis’ favorite sandwiches. Tons of them. He should actually have a maid prepare them for him … in groups, like ten a day in masses. The more I see, the better in masses. So quit switching it. Morrissey is the only guy for me. He makes me happy. I watch AIMMN and I’m like I want him. More than I ever did. And it isn’t contrary to what he says “until the next one”. No, I think Action tops everything. The ultimate.

Johnny Barleycorn, I don’t just say things, I have to feel them. I admitted Looker is third but for you to imply the new songs are disappointing, it’s just stupid. Don’t you find this absurd? Do you know lyrics? I communicate a lot through particular music. Eminem is Ok but I don’t love him. I love Morrissey, my baby only. You’ll never throw me.
Eminem is like an alter, a message, a replayed voicemail and I rap. Baby don’t stop.

Kate2828

David,

I would take this asshole to court when he touches down on American soil. His track record in front of a judge is about the same as his new material. HORRIBLE

Pretty sure it aint illegal to say you don't like something, even in the States. And if so, Morrissey can now take you to court for calling him an "asshole". Dick'ead.

For being such a wordsmith, the man is pretty thick when it comes to matters related to business, PR, fans, etc. This is a new low for him.

The fact that he wore that shirt has likely brought a lot of traffic to the site. Thanks, Moz.

Dear Johnny Barleycorn,

What are you freaking on about. Because it looks like it is blatantly you Johnny Barleycorn who is the one sparking, spawning negativity. Wait. Anger is an energy and you are the one utilizing and directing your energy wrongfully. Propelling. Bloody hell. Why do you keep insisting, mimicking and persisting that my baby Morrissey is fat for? Just for that Johnny, guess what. You are a cum slut whore. Cause I won’t have that. F**k it. Morrissey is too skinny. When he is singing You’re The One For Me Fatty – that is to the person he is with or thinking of Johnny. And Morrissey is too thin, but then his upper arms as evident in the picture with the t-shirt, are so strong. I want to bite my initials into them. Are you just jealous of him?

Morrissey is my baby. I don’t give three flying f**ks if you think I’m out of my mind, out of my God damn skull or if you think I’m psychotic. You’re full of it. Coz feelings are never wrong. By the way, quit trashing Morrissey’s new songs. Action is my favorite one. Have you seen how gorgeous and precious Morrissey looks in the Glastonbury video so why in the world shouldn’t Morrissey eat Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwiches. Do you know what soul mates is? Or is it that you are just a witch. You bitch. Morrissey needs to eat Elvis’ favorite sandwiches. Tons of them. He should actually have a maid prepare them for him … in groups, like ten a day in masses. The more I see, the better in masses. So quit switching it. Morrissey is the only guy for me. He makes me happy. I watch AIMMN and I’m like I want him. More than I ever did. And it isn’t contrary to what he says “until the next one”. No, I think Action tops everything. The ultimate.

Johnny Barleycorn, I don’t just say things, I have to feel them. I admitted Looker is third but for you to imply the new songs are disappointing, it’s just stupid. Don’t you find this absurd? Do you know lyrics? I communicate a lot through particular music. Eminem is Ok but I don’t love him. I love Morrissey, my baby only. You’ll never throw me.
Eminem is like an alter, a message, a replayed voicemail and I rap. Baby don’t stop.

Kate2828

Shut it, hippy.

What overwhelming negativity? If people think the new stuff is disappointing do they no longer have the right to say so? If he makes ill-informed and idiotic statements about Ireland is he somehow beyond contradiction? That might be the case in the tour bus, but not in the real world.

This is a guy who has based his career on courting controversy. That's fine, many do, but for him to then moan about reactions he does not like is facile.

I get a feeling Morrissey's inner circle is not very dissimilar to Elvis's Memphis mafia. Too many 'yes' men, too few, if any, willing or able to challenge him. He seems to seek to extend that control elsewhere.

Can tales of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches being flown in be far behind? That would certainly help to explain the weight gain.

Johnny Barleycorn,

I’m a cold soul. I roll so-low. You also said, you said “if people”. What people? These things are not people. Some are like hangers and some are just plain haters. Phoney, freakers and they are evil. You call them people? How could you? You never answered me. Oh Phoney. They are blatantly two faced, hypocritical and they are evil. So stop making a mockery cause I’m starting to think you eat at McDonalds and go to the fishery. Then you proceed to ask if these so called fans, you ask if they no longer have a right to sling mud at the new songs which you termed disappointing. No, they have no rights to dis the new songs. If they did, then they shouldn’t be on this website. They should drop dead because these fans misunderstood. Come on, don’t you get it … Action is perfect. And if you don’t think so, then you’re f**ked up. You are being provocative directed at Morrissey, the man I love. And when I love someone he is my possession. And I’m just protective. Love is natural and real. Secrets shall never be revealed. My lips are sealed.

Brummieboy and I are over and he broke my heart. Do you know how that feels. We had a bond, a spark and what he did to me was f**ked up. Morrissey has been my constant, he still is and that’s why he is different than everybody. I was affected when David Bitch said Morrissey doesn’t like his hard core fans and that he is just being kind to us. He also said something like that Morrissey just prefers fair weather fans like the mundane and the plain ones. That was dangerous. But tears rolled down my cheeks for awhile but then I came to the realization that David Bitch just lied or was exaggerating. And then I came to the rapid conclusion that Morrissey would never say such things that were so hurtful and vile. Morrissey wouldn’t want to mess me up even more psychologically. So I take my own advice. Things are not always what they appear to be. Therefore, the concept, comments on fans could be things that Morrissey was never feeling. No they are not his feelings. The author wanted us to get reactions even though Morrissey never said them. That is why I started playing Eminem. Right, Morrissey is just promoting his feelings regarding the t-shirt that he and the band were wearing. He is not seeking internetters to get pulled in. Why would he? These so called “fans” trash him, Bash him and rip him in ways that are despicable, unspeakable, and evil. Why would he then want anybody, let alone new fans, to enter this war zone where his precious name has been squashed, ruined, destroyed and smeared time and time again. All of Jesse hater’s comments are going to affect him. Just because a lot of the recent comments on the tour are good (deleting the anti Jesse messages). What the f**k. What about all the other months, weeks, days where these fans ripped Morrissey to shreds. You think he forgot.

I think not.

Kate2828

my personal stats:

# of visits to morrissey-solo: thousands, easily. mainly, i visit for the news and to see setlists of latest tours. all the posts filled with the drama and haters and fighting can be draining, but they are still entertaining!

# of visits to true-to-you: less than 30.

that says a lot.

I get it--Morrissey hates this site because he can't control it and this site exposes the sometimes seedy underbelly. Grow a thicker skin, Steven--or stop reading the site (or maybe you can just start giving a f*** about your fans and employees).

Don't stop, DavidT.

Precisely & succinctly put. Good work.

First Linders (nothappynotsad) and her mental collapse in the members pics thread on the forum and then the f*** t-shirt. Enough to keep me laughing for the rest of my life.
Your idol hates you people, live with it!!!! :)ntingsl

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom