Factory Releases/Rough Trade Releases...

Mozzy1

Does anyone here collect Factory Releases and/or Rough Trade Releases?

If so, what is your best source for collecting and is there a complete listing of these releases on the Internet, per se?

I have the Rough Trade book & I use that as a main reference for my collection but, I'm asking if there's anything else "better" out there.

I do have 2 books likewise, on the Factory scene but, I'm looking for a complete listing of all LPs released on this label.

Thanks so much in advance for any information you could link me with.

My girlfriend bought me this for Christmas and its an excellent resource for collecting all things Factory..

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Recor...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232984610&sr=8-2

Does anyone here collect Factory Releases and/or Rough Trade Releases?

If so, what is your best source for collecting and is there a complete listing of these releases on the Internet, per se?

I have the Rough Trade book & I use that as a main reference for my collection but, I'm asking if there's anything else "better" out there.

I do have 2 books likewise, on the Factory scene but, I'm looking for a complete listing of all LPs released on this label.

Thanks so much in advance for any information you could link me with.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/Designed-Peter-Saville/dp/1568984227

I have this & the Factory book listed. Plus, a book called, The Hacienda Must Be Built.

I have to say that Mr. Saville's art for their covers was brilliant. You have to check this book out & his other works...

Has anyone ever seen Natalie Curtis' photographic works? Just curious on what her style is. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Mozzy1 I don't 'collect' any of their releases, but I also have both books. I was lucky to have come across them at one time. The Factory book is clearly an art book, even though my favorite's the Rough Trade one. I wonder if they'll continue with the series on record labels. I do tend to collect books on music though. I have an obscure (here in the States anyway) book called 'Then, now and rare British Beat 60-69'. Bigger but similar to the Rough Trade one, but more gorgeously laid out.

Do you like The Wake, by any chance? Also, I wouldn't think you'd have to look past the Factory book for the complete discography.

Hi Mozzy1 I don't 'collect' any of their releases, but I also have both books. I was lucky to have come across them at one time. The Factory book is clearly an art book, even though my favorite's the Rough Trade one. I wonder if they'll continue with the series on record labels. I do tend to collect books on music though. I have an obscure (here in the States anyway) book called 'Then, now and rare British Beat 60-69'. Bigger but similar to the Rough Trade one, but more gorgeously laid out.

Do you like The Wake, by any chance? Also, I wouldn't think you'd have to look past the Factory book for the complete discography.

I've heard of them. I'll check them out. What do you recommend by them?

I go to this record shop in my county here. They have literally EVERYTHING. I just went there on Sunday & I found some old JD vinyls & picked up a couple of other band's vinyls too. They track it all by this HUGE database system where everything is barcoded with a link. I love it there even though, I have to pay to park.

The Rough Trade things are more "easier" to locate than the Factory stuff, but, it's the fun of the research & getting what I've searched for is the best of it all.

What other bands are you into?

What is this place you speak of?

I've heard of them. I'll check them out. What do you recommend by them?

I go to this record shop in my county here. They have literally EVERYTHING. I just went there on Sunday & I found some old JD vinyls & picked up a couple of other band's vinyls too. They track it all by this HUGE database system where everything is barcoded with a link. I love it there even though, I have to pay to park.

Back
Top Bottom