Famous Faces spotted at the Roundhouse?

selfvalidation

Ill advised
Hi, hope all with tickets are enjoying the gigs!

On Monday Mark Kermode (film critic) was standing nearby me, anyone else spot anyone? Just curious!

Luciaxxx

I LOST MY BAG IN NEWPORT PAGNELL - MOZ AND SMITHS NIGHT - 16TH FEB - THE CANNON, NEWPORT PAGNELL HIGH STREET

On Monday Mark Kermode (film critic) was standing nearby me, anyone else spot anyone? Just curious!

Luciaxxx

I LOST MY BAG IN NEWPORT PAGNELL - MOZ AND SMITHS NIGHT - 16TH FEB - THE CANNON, NEWPORT PAGNELL HIGH STREET

I spotted Morrissey way down the front! Brilliant! :D

Luciaxxx

That will be the same Mark Kermode who claimed not to know about Morrissey & The Smiths (I recall someone on here who was at The Culture Show said this, or something very similar). The same Mark Kermode who had played bass for Suggs when he covered "Suedehead", and before that had played bass in "In you have 5 Seconds to Spare", the Smiths based production in Manchester in the 80's.

I bet he really hates The Exorcist. I can't believe anything the man says ever again!!!!

That will be the same Mark Kermode who claimed not to know about Morrissey & The Smiths (I recall someone on here who was at The Culture Show said this, or something very similar). The same Mark Kermode who had played bass for Suggs when he covered "Suedehead", and before that had played bass in "In you have 5 Seconds to Spare", the Smiths based production in Manchester in the 80's.

I bet he really hates The Exorcist. I can't believe anything the man says ever again!!!!

I always thought - and i'm not sure where i got it from - that Mark Kermode has been a morrissey fan for a long long time. I seem to remember him on Newsnight Review yonks ago praising morrissey.

Leigh 'Avid Merrion' Francis was standing next to me while I ate a sandwich outside Sainsbury's, opposite the Roundhouse, on Tuesday. But I can't confirm nor deny that he actually attended the gig.

I always thought - and i'm not sure where i got it from - that Mark Kermode has been a morrissey fan for a long long time. I seem to remember him on Newsnight Review yonks ago praising morrissey.

I'm sure I read on here, that when they did the Culture Show "Living Icon" thing, that he chatted to the Moz fans and was a bit "Oh yeah, him?"

In about 1987/ 88 there was a play inspired by The Smiths music, called "If you have 5 Seconds to spare". Kermode was in the house band. Thats why it struck me when I read about his attitude. I knew that he was more that aware of the music!!

Incidently, I only found out that my friend who was in the play is getting married soon.

Last edited:
Kermode is a huge fan and famous for being so! I was stood behind him on Monday too. I also saw the surprisingly tall Tom Chaplin from Keane there. Dull music, good taste!

Kermode is a huge fan and famous for being so! I was stood behind him on Monday too. I also saw the surprisingly tall Tom Chaplin from Keane there. Dull music, good taste!

I'm not doubting that he is a fan. I've found the bit I was looking for, it was posted by "Uncleskinny":-

"A funny part was when I was talking to one of the crew, she asked how far we had travelled, and I said about 200 miles, and she then started singing "I went to London and I...booked myself in at the Y....WCA", at which point Mark Kermode turned round and said "I know that song - The Queen Is Dead!". "No," I said, "It's Half A Person". He just went "Oh..." and walked off."

That's why I had it in my mind that he wasn't that much of a fan. But I forgive his mistake!

As for that tosser from Keane, his limo nearly ran me over at the Palladium after the Rufus does Judy show. I said something to him along the lines of your comment (dull), then read that he was in rehab!

Aw!

Last edited:
None of these people are as cool as seeing a real live 'Soprano' like we did in New York - that was fab! I was keeping my eye out for Chrissie Hynde last time he played London but never spotted her - wonder if she's in London now? I'd love to meet her.

Oh absolutely. Mark Kermode and "cool", never in a million years!!

I was pretty sure (before confirmation) that Kermode was a fan, look at that hair, the glasses!

Although you do have to question such a popular film critic when his favourite film is The Exorcist.

I heard that Chrissie Hynde lives in South America now -- I think in Brazil. She's said that she finds present-day culture repugnant, so I guess she pretty much keeps to herself these days.

totally gutted i missed meeting Mark Kermode on Monday night, i even had a look about for some famous faces too.

Sean Hughes looked rough as f***, but fair play to him he didn't seem to bothered about having his photo taken with people.

Although I'll rip the Palace prick's throat out if he ventures down The Valley on Feb 8th :guitar:

The bass guitarist out of The Symths was there Tuesday, if that counts?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom