Fans required for a feature documentary in conjunction with BBC Nottingham

Hi all,

James Postlethwaite here! New to the forum I'll introduce myself quick! I'm a filmmaker, cinematographer and director based in the Midlands and have worked on various shorts, features, television, live programmes and documentaries. This post is about a new project I am working on and I need your help!!

I am currently in production with a documentary called "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" based on The Smiths' presence on the indie-pop music scene. I am looking for interesting interviewees who will provide a good insight into the world of The Smiths. Whether you're a die hard fan, saw them live, or have just discovered them, I would love to hear from you. This documentary is in conjunction with BBC Nottingham and Bluewater Films.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I'm pretty terrible at writing posts on forums so if you want anymore information you can give me a call on 07976485748 or email me direct at [email protected]

To apply you can call me on the above number, or email me a short paragraph about yourself to [email protected] with the subject ""That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - Morrissey Solo"

Thanks again and hope to hear from some avid Smiths' fans! Until then!...

James Postlethwaite
Bluewater Films/BBC
Director/Cinematographer
www.bluewaterfilms.co.uk
www.bbc.co.uk/insideout

Last edited by a moderator:
y'think?

Another documentary that will probably push out the normal fans and just softly mock the obsessives that are eccentric.

And Gladioli - they've got to throw or have gladioli. You know. Because thats what Smiths fans do.

Hi James I am in my final year of a TV production BA, i have emailed you, sounds great!

Oh dear, attention seekers of the world unite and take over

Had an interview with him today... He's extremely passionate and can't stand the whole depressive/flower connections that people make with the band... For him, it's the lyrics... Such a young and passionate lad.

I wonder if this bloke is related to the late Pete Postlethwaite?

Thanks to all the people who I interviewed/and still have interviews with. I no longer need any more applicants for the project as the response was simply overwhelming. Thank you all so very much. James

Couldn't you come with a more original title than That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore?

I'd love if Morrissey would play that song live, and sing

as for fan docs, theres a few, all the same issues/intellect. answers/screaming people who want 15 sec of fame

I want Morrissey to hurry up putting his bio in less than 500 pages, as dec 2012 a release is planned
[though it may be 1500 and split in 3 parts or whatever]

Just tell ''Julia'' where to go ...........

Hey Mark, let's ease up and be cool with Julia! Julia is Morrisseys pal and confidant, because she's a true friend! Think of the times we all visit true-to-you.net to get the real deal! Thanks Julia! Enough said.

Just turned up for my Nottingham appointment and he stood me up! Not impressed!

Tags
joyce marr morrissey rourke smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom