FAO: whirling dervish

K

Kestrel

whirly you've got 10 minutes to get your pervy ass out here!

Re: She may be caught in the rain....

oh is it raining.
i didnt know.

just got back from dinner and walked in on my grandmother weeping in front of the flatscreen. it is the beginning of the end, my friend.

a couple of years ago i met a clairvoyant man who had very large hands and fingers that resembled sausages, his face was pock marked and he had somewhat of a lazy eye but i sensed that he was very kind. we were at a party and i was not feeling terribly 'social' and so i sat in an armchair and 'soaked' it all in as i do. he sat down next to me and as i was thinking to myself 'how long do i have to be here?' he had this to say to me : 'if you are a good girl, you'll live well into your 90's' and never meeting his eye i choked out this horrible little laugh went into the coatroom to get my belongings and left the party.

I don't know why, but I want to cry now.......

> oh is it raining.
> i didnt know.

> just got back from dinner and walked in on my grandmother weeping in front
> of the flatscreen. it is the beginning of the end, my friend.

> a couple of years ago i met a clairvoyant man who had very large hands and
> fingers that resembled sausages, his face was pock marked and he had
> somewhat of a lazy eye but i sensed that he was very kind. we were at a
> party and i was not feeling terribly 'social' and so i sat in an armchair
> and 'soaked' it all in as i do. he sat down next to me and as i was
> thinking to myself 'how long do i have to be here?' he had this to say to
> me : 'if you are a good girl, you'll live well into your 90's' and never
> meeting his eye i choked out this horrible little laugh went into the
> coatroom to get my belongings and left the party.

oh sharron i didnt mean to make you sad.
let me give you a special kestrel hug over the world wide web. in fact, i would like to hug the whole wide world over the world wide web.

> I don't know why, but I want to cry now.......

I don't know what's been wrong with me this afternoon? Maybe it's been the rain? Maybe it's being cooped up ill for the last few days, and still smoking way too many cigarettes and drinking too much coffee? Maybe it's just me? I know you meant nothing by it, believe me. I just got really really sad after I read it. But I am resilient! I think? But speaking of corn BTW, I have a really funny story I must tell you sometime that involves me being in London at 15, and an incident with corn at Fluke's. I guess life really isn't too bad at the moment.....

> oh sharron i didnt mean to make you sad.
> let me give you a special kestrel hug over the world wide web. in fact, i
> would like to hug the whole wide world over the world wide web.

Re: I think Whirley deserted the ship this evening. Should I draw anchor?

Sorry! Whirly decided to actually leave the house today and returned just now, just in time to receive the baton for the late shift on m-solo. Anyone still up?

Sharron, isn't that rain coming down hard?! It's freaking me out.

> whirly you've got 10 minutes to get your pervy ass out here!

Actually, it has stopped raining here for the time being, but they are telling me to keep my eye in the sky for tornadoes at the moment! Imagine that? A f***in' tornado! I think a torpedo would be more likely. Did you have a good evening? Anything interesting? Were you in Ho-Ho land? I am still kinda ill(on the last leg I think). The f***ing Dublin air has done me wrong I am afraid.....

> Sorry! Whirly decided to actually leave the house today and returned just
> now, just in time to receive the baton for the late shift on m-solo.
> Anyone still up?

> Sharron, isn't that rain coming down hard?! It's freaking me out.

Tornadoes! I'd be less inclined to believe it if there hadn't been a tornado on Staten Island last year...so do keep your eye out, it *can* happen! The rain has finally calmed over here.

I did have an interesting evening. This week I've discovered that my parents are quite mysteriously acquainted with some really fascinating people. Prophets, sages, and tonight, a Zen Master! (Apparently, he is the subject of the book "Bones of the Master: A Journey to Secret Mongolia" by George Crane.) I'm sure Kestrel will be quite interested in learning more about this man.

So you've been sick since Dublin? That's too bad. But it sounds like those moisturizing hand gloves have been good company...

> Actually, it has stopped raining here for the time being, but they are
> telling me to keep my eye in the sky for tornadoes at the moment! Imagine
> that? A f***in' tornado! I think a torpedo would be more likely. Did you
> have a good evening? Anything interesting? Were you in Ho-Ho land? I am
> still kinda ill(on the last leg I think). The f***ing Dublin air has done
> me wrong I am afraid.....

well, since a few days after Dublin actually. I am pretty sure we spoke/danced some at the Hub, yes? I can't quite remember, well, anything.... I was still OK at that point. It was after I got back, and had to go to work, etc. My ribs are really the problem though. The Earls Court show was pretty brutal front and centre(which I am sure that you saw for yourself), and I did something to something there that night on that barrier. It still hurts like hell everytime I sneeze, cough, or blow me nose, so that has been quite uncomfortable. The wine, and X-Files reruns seem to help allieviate some of the discomfort at least. When are you returning home(to the other one)?

> So you've been sick since Dublin? That's too bad. But it sounds like those
> moisturizing hand gloves have been good company...

Back
Top Bottom