Far Out: "The insane comments Morrissey made about shooting The Cure’s Robert Smith" (December 22, 2020)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
A-look-back-at-the-vicious-rivalry-between-Morrissey-and-The-Cures-Robert-Smith-768x476.jpg

What happens when you mix big hair, big words, plenty of eyeshadow, press publicity, flowers, beads, with a healthy balance of some death threats? What you get are two of the ambassadors of dark, introspective pop from the 80s, who perhaps should have existed in separate parallel universes.

Far Out doing their thing yet again.
Regards,
FWD.

There should really be a court order to catheterize Robert Smith. When he finally explodes it won't be a pleasant sight.

And that our dear ol' Moz proudly owned a Cure poster?

A love unrequited...

MrShoes

1608719195444.png

Doesn't even mention the "small regrets" Morrissey voiced about those comments he made...

One of the most bizarrely blown-up "feuds" that only seems to exist in meme format...

Doesn't even mention the "small regrets" Morrissey voiced about those comments he made...

One of the most bizarrely blown-up "feuds" that only seems to exist in meme format...

On December 18, 1999, while attending the show at the Ventura Theater, CA, I was present to hear Mozzer berate Robert Smith of The Cure, calling him, among other things, 'a FAT clown"! or words to that effect.

How long ago did he mention any regrets?

MrShoes

On December 18, 1999, while attending the show at the Ventura Theater, CA, I was present to hear Mozzer berate Robert Smith of The Cure, calling him, among other things, 'a FAT clown"! or words to that effect.

How long ago did he mention any regrets?

MrShoes
Last year in that interview he did with SER.

It was very odd and he obviously doesn't really regret it. It was just weird that he mentioned it at all

"sam:
Finally, any small regrets?

M:
Oh, I never make my regrets small … if I can help it. Oh. Umm. Robert Smith. I said some terrible things about him 35 years ago … but I didn’t mean them … I was just being very Grange Hill. It’s great when you can blame everything on Tourette’s syndrome. [laughs]

sam:
but you’ve never met him?

M:
Oddly, I was in a pub near Buckingham Palace perhaps ten years ago … and there he was … staring over confrontationally. I take no moral responsibility for whatever I said in 1983 … after all … who does?"

Back
Top Bottom