Favorite concert quotes

Pokey

I'm not sure if this has been done before (I'm sure Kewpie will let me know if it has). But what are your favorite quotes from Moz at a gig you've been to or heard the bootleg of? Whether it be his opening lines or interaction with audience of band members or comments between songs. I figure there's so many favorite lyrics questions and quotes from interviews and such it'd be nice to compile some of his gems.

I think one of my favorites from a gig here in Australia was an interaction with him and Alain.

Crowd Member: Piccadilly Palare!
Morrissey: Piccadilly Palare? You must be joking!
Alain whilst playing the opening chords: Such a silly song.
Morrissey: Excuse me Alain? I'll be working with tapes tomorrow night.
Alain: But you have been already
Morrissey: Alain cracks a joke, and in the usual way...

Not really funny,but a moment i'll never forget.

Leeds 09,after Moz had been ill.

Crowd member:You look great and you sound great.Take care of yourself,we love you.

Morrissey looked really taken aback.And stuck for words

Last edited:
I have to paraphrase his quote but it was a real eye-opener for me because leading up to seeing this show I was thoroughly convinced (read: tricked) into thinking he was 100% gay. I mean not that it's bad to be gay, no way. Just that early on I had this lust thing for him then I sensed he was gay and felt like I was intruding so I turned the lust off. So to hear him say this allowed me to go back to my natural state of lusting after him. :D

Santa Barbara 1999, Arlington Theater "I would like to sleep with every last one of you."

EDIT: That's my memory, Staphane has the real quote: "I wish I could sleep with all of you, but there's no time, there's no time... boo..."

It's possible I got the quote wrong because I'm almost certain there was nobody in the crowd more shitfaced than I was, having a designated driver and having walked up and down State Street sipping Tequila from a flask that was refilled TWICE from a big bottle. It was my woo hoo belated birthday get away from the hell that was my life day. :p

Last edited:
Oh and of course charming men like Morrissey *never* say things they don't mean :) I only kid you, CG.

My fave quote was from a very hot 'n humid night in Boca Raton, Florida: "For someone from smelly old Manchester, this is very very hot. So if I should drop dead, just carry on without me. I know you will."

Last edited:
"My face is leaving town in five minutes. Be on it."

"My face is leaving town in five minutes. Be on it."

I remember hearing him say that but I don't remember which gig it was! Was it one of the Scottish gigs in 2009?

May I be the first to offer "love me outside" as one of the best things he's said on stage?

RAH in 2009; the first gig after the Swindon collape.

"The doctor said I shouldn't smile...I told him I don't" :D

Last edited:
RAH last year; the first gig after the Swindon collape.

"The doctor said I shouldn't smile...I told him I don't" :D

Sorry for being a pedant, last time Morrissey played in RAH was 2009, no gigs in 2010.

He has said it a few times. Hartlepool 99 springs to mind, but I may be wrong?

I love when he asks for Joyces's head.
It's dangerous... a lunatic will kill MJ and Morrissey will be responsable for mudering him.

It's dangerous... a lunatic will kill MJ and Morrissey will be responsable for mudering him.

:rolleyes:

When did he say to bring Joyce's head?
I remember him saying bring the head of Elton John at Brixton Academy 2002.

Do you really think someone's going to kill MJ?

Last edited:
Hmm, I wasn't at Hartlepool. I'm starting to think maybe I heard it at Whitehaven 2006... who knows!

When did he say that he's going to kill Joyce?
Do you really think he's going to kill MJ?

He did once say in an interview that the legal wrangle would ultimately end up with a body! Or words to that effect.

Hmm, I wasn't at Hartlepool. I'm starting to think maybe I heard it at Whitehaven 2006... who knows!

He has a few that he repeats, such as "I'm singing as fast as I can". They get an airing every now and then.

When did he say to bring Joyce's head?
I remember him saying bring the head of Elton John at Brixton Academy 2002.

Do you really think someone's going to kill MJ?

Hey... how you doing?
I don't remember exactly the gig Morrissey said that.
But I'm pretty sure he did.

I found this..

I believe it's hard to someone kill MJ.... But I cannot afirm that someone won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

haha it wouldn't surprise me either!

My favourite quotes:
"Don't let the bastards grind you down!" London Roundhouse 2008
addressed to the audience in general, "Until the flesh drops away, I'm yours, I love you" Manchester G-Mex 2006
"Is my dickie still straight?" London Palladium 2006

haha it wouldn't surprise me either!

My favourite quotes:
"Don't let the bastards grind you down!" London Roundhouse 2008
addressed to the audience in general, "Until the flesh drops away, I'm yours, I love you" Manchester G-Mex 2006
"Is my dickie still straight?" London Palladium 2006

Oh yeah, the Roundhouse one was good. "In the words of Mother Theresa, don't let the bastards grind you down!" I think that was the same night he dedicated 'Life is a Pigsty' to Heath Ledger, could have been the night before though.

Back
Top Bottom