Favorite concert quotes

This evening 'Grace' sung by Jim McCann came on the radio and I was thinking how nice it'd be to hear Morrissey croon some of those beautiful Irish tunes. I'd forgotten about this verse; it's really lovely. He sang some of The Cork n' Kerry Mountains in Killarney too, didn't he? Perhaps he'll duet with Mary Coughlan yet, or a trio with Damo too! Nice recollections here! :)

He also sang an opening line to one of Damien Dempseys songs that night. Cant find clip but he sang I missed a day or two of school, because I was called a fool
And beat around the place, because I was staring into space from Industial Schools and then lashed into what she said

He also sang an opening line to one of Damien Dempseys songs that night. Cant find clip but he sang I missed a day or two of school, because I was called a fool
And beat around the place, because I was staring into space from Industial Schools and then lashed into what she said

How he regularly embroiders with tunefully-practised cross-references is impressive.

This one isn't Irish but a true yarn told rivettingly and hilariously by himself at a concert in 2000 in NYC that's one of my favourite to watch off the web -

[youtube]Z5bEVSxE55Q&feature=related[/youtube]

at the first morrissey solo concert in the stadium dublin when everyone was diving on stage he asked everyone 'if you stop jumping on stage we will be able to play better' and everyone roared and even more people jumped up. that was the best concert i have ever been too. happy days.

" To give is the reason I live" Durham, NC, 2009.

Back
Top Bottom