favorite lyrics from the new album

Seriously - ban A none E mouse; he does nothing but hijack and destroy every thread.

But to answer the question of the thread:

Time has frittered long and slow
All I am and was will go
But where to?
And why now?

And for the humour:

And if it breaks your legs
Then don't come running to me

And I posted some stunning lyrics, I'm disappointed you didn't like them, all u had from an 18 track album is
And if it breaks your legs
Then don't come running to me.

It just solidifies my opinion that the new stuff is awful, that's all.

"My life is opera" (chorus of "Art-Hounds")

The lyric and the delivery are perhaps the most Morrissey-esque moment of his entire career.

So it's ok for you to relentlessly bum the album and wrong for me to relentlessly piss all over it? Anyway this thread got what it deserved

The thread was about favourite lyrics on the new album. Not favourite lyrics of all time. To post 7 times quoting lyrics from VH and KU isn't to contribute to the thread but to hijack it. It isn't about you not liking the new album, but destroying every thread by sounding like a broken record.

Now please go away.

To continue from my last post…

Shorts and supports and faulty shower heads
At track and field we dreamt of our beds
In the bleachers you sit with your legs spread, smiling
Here's one thing you'll never have

Very Maudlin Street. One of those verses that conjures an entire scene, if not an entire adolescence. I'm not in the camp that thinks this song is about JM, but it could be about anyone. 'Forgive Someone' is becoming a fast favorite for me. A shame it's not on the album proper.

To continue from my last post…

Shorts and supports and faulty shower heads
At track and field we dreamt of our beds
In the bleachers you sit with your legs spread, smiling
Here's one thing you'll never have

Very Maudlin Street. One of those verses that conjures an entire scene, if not an entire adolescence. I'm not in the camp that thinks this song is about JM, but it could be about anyone. 'Forgive Someone' is becoming a fast favorite for me. A shame it's not on the album proper.

This is so true and it's even more poetic and economical than anything on Maudlin Street and the earlier song is one of his very best lyrics so that's saying something.

I love all the lyrics that the snub nosed detractors hate. Basically all of them. It seems the more hate they show for the album the more I love it. It's like some inadvertent gigt that keeps on giving :)

I was sent here by a
three-foot half-wit in a wig
I took his insulst on the chin
and never did I flinch

I was sent here by a
three-foot half-wit in a wig
I took his insulst on the chin
and never did I flinch
That's the best part of the entire album for me, glimpses here and there but it's not enough over 18 tracks

That was my immediate interpretation, too. Not quite sure why so many people leapt to the conclusion that Morrissey was saying "Don't vote!". Likewise, I didn't think he was suggesting we shouldn't pay our taxes, only that we should question what the money is being spent on. Funny, though: that so many of the people who nit-pick at Morrissey's lyrics seem immune to nuance. :)

i think in part because the negative parts of that system are working on the people under it. theyve been convinced and the only thing that comes up when they think of social political change is voting and nothing else because theyve been told in many ways that thats all they can do and all that will help. the reaction is an example of the song truth

also in im not a man i think the one line where hes says if this is what it takes then im not a man because it makes it a response and not a statement.

Back
Top Bottom