Favorite non-album single?

Favorite non-album single?

• Total voters

Kuiper

Better than Marr
Because the total number of non-LP singles released by Morrissey and The Smiths exceeds the maximum number of poll options, I chose to eliminate those compiled on Bona Drag from the list because Bona Drag is treated basically like any other album by most fans.

Bona Drag is treated basically like any other album by most fans.

I would disagree with that, but given you had to eliminate some choices from the poll, eliminating the Bona Drag singles was as good a choice as any:)

For me it has to be How Soon Is Now?

Shelia Take A Bow...

The only one that has never been played Live...

TV apperances DO NOT count :p

Shelia Take A Bow...

Agree completely. I'm pretty sure you are referring to how it's not considered one of the "Never-Played Live Symphonies" just because it was mimed on TV. That is not "live" in any sense of the word. But I think it would sound great live. Probably towards the end of the set, maybe even in the encore.

Agree completely. I'm pretty sure you are referring to how it's not considered one of the "Never-Played Live Symphonies" just because it was mimed on TV. That is not "live" in any sense of the word. But I think it would sound great live. Probably towards the end of the set, maybe even in the encore.

I think it was performed and not mimed on The Tube...But as I said..I don't count it...

Yes, I've always said Shelia Take A Bow would be an awesome encore...I am betting it's amongst the next group of Songs Morrissey will bring out of The Vault....

nteresting Drug, Will Never Marry, The Loop, Let The Right One Slip in, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish, Ask, That Joke Isn' Funny Anymore, Shelia Take A Bow and I Know It's Over will be on the setlist....

Drug seems likely because it is one of his more popular hits and it's been...15 years or so since he's played it. The Loop is a possibility considering he soundchecked it on the Oye Esteban tour having played it a lot on the Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal tours. Let the Right One Slip In I think will never be performed again. I Know It's Over seems inevitable, so maybe next tour. That Joke and Sheila seem very possible, but as much as I love I Started Something, I'm pretty sure Morrissey doesn't like that song and that he won't play it. The same might go for Ask, though that seems more likely. Will Never Marry seems likely as well considering that it's popular, Morrissey seems to like it, and it's been very long since he played it. He has brought back its two sibling b-sides on later tours, so I think it's just a matter of time until that one returns.

Okay, just had to voice my opinions on the likelihood of those songs. :p The one I want to hear most is probably I Started Something even though I unfortunately expect it never to be debuted. Well, here's hoping I turn out wrong.

I am an idiot, what does the term "non album single" mean.

I am an idiot, what does the term "non album single" mean.

A single which was released but didn't later appear on an album? :p

i'm so flighty i never realized that could exist. All songs i ever got are on an album :p maybe because i am young, but when radio stations play singles they are usually attached to an album... is this not how it was in the 80s?

Drug seems likely because it is one of his more popular hits and it's been...15 years or so since he's played it. The Loop is a possibility considering he soundchecked it on the Oye Esteban tour having played it a lot on the Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal tours. Let the Right One Slip In I think will never be performed again. I Know It's Over seems inevitable, so maybe next tour. That Joke and Sheila seem very possible, but as much as I love I Started Something, I'm pretty sure Morrissey doesn't like that song and that he won't play it. The same might go for Ask, though that seems more likely. Will Never Marry seems likely as well considering that it's popular, Morrissey seems to like it, and it's been very long since he played it. He has brought back its two sibling b-sides on later tours, so I think it's just a matter of time until that one returns.

Okay, just had to voice my opinions on the likelihood of those songs. :p The one I want to hear most is probably I Started Something even though I unfortunately expect it never to be debuted. Well, here's hoping I turn out wrong.

Well....he did bring back many other of the "one-off songs" like Please Please Please, Drive-In Saturday and The Queen Is Dead...and Let The Right One Slip In is about as obscure as Whatever Happens, I Love You or Lucky Lisp..which were pretty surprising to hear...which was why I pegged it as a possibly...

He has played just about every song from Strangeways except Death Of A Disco Dancer, I Started Something, Unhappy Birthday, and I Won't Share You...I never thought he'd play Rush and A Push....I think I Won't Share You would be played for obvious reasons....

I posted a thesis which backs my belief in why Ask and That Joke Isn't Funnymore will be played and This Charming Man and Barbarism Begins At Home will not...With The exception of The Headmaster Ritual..ever Smiths song performed by Morrissey was either performed in 1986 or released after 1986...that includes Rubber Ring, of course...

Will Never Marry was shelved way too early during The Kill Uncle Tour in favor of The Loop..and the other songs that were added in the middle of that tour...

I think The Loop stands a good chance since Morrissey obviously likes the song...:rolleyes:

Shelia Take A Bow...

Do so...have we had this conversation before? :D

I gotta go with Sunny.

Do so...have we had this conversation before? :D

I gotta go with Sunny.

LOL...I said I don't count :D

wait...I mean I should have Said "I Don't Count"

Back
Top Bottom