Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Israel

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • can't decide

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • haven't heard it all yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If these 3 songs were left off the album and replaced with the 3 best of the 8 not used - then it would be one of his best albums.

The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel - has to be one of the worst songs of his career
All The Young People Must Fall In Love - HATE HATE HATE this style of music
Who Will Protect Us From The Police... *I will say musically it's pretty good - it's just the title and the repeated bad lyrics that kill it for me

If these 3 songs were left off the album and replaced with the 3 best of the 8 not used - then it would be one of his best albums.

The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel - has to be one of the worst songs of his career
All The Young People Must Fall In Love - HATE HATE HATE this style of music
Who Will Protect Us From The Police... *I will say musically it's pretty good - it's just the title and the repeated bad lyrics that kill it for me
I think his biggest sin on LIHS (and parts of WPINOYB) is that much of it is just corny. I wouldn't like it if anybody sang it. Spent the day in bed is in my top 3 most disliked he's ever done, and Girl from Tel Aviv just reeks of a slide into Neil Diamond like schmaltz, but meant to be taken seriously. So... Like Neil Diamond, I guess, but Neil has always been corny, just enjoyable despite that or maybe even because of that.

Hmm this tough as my favs are all kinda even. I’d probably go for my lover Israel but home is a question mark and spent the day come I close behind. I really like the lyrics and stomp of my love but Israel is just a beautiful song and performance. His voice on the latter sounds amazing. I would also say that the opening line of mynlove is my fav on the album

I went for Home is a Question Mark, but a much tougher question would be 'what's your least favourite?'.

If I had this album on shuffle in front of my friends, there's quite a few tracks i'd rush to hit skip on before Moz started singing :straightface:

The section from "I Bury the Living" to "All the Young People Must Fall in Love" is a real slog and probably the worst section of any album he's made.

My least favs are who will protect us from the police and I bury the living. Parts of I bury the living are good but I really dislike wwpuftp. Probably the only song on the album I skip every time

I voted Home - a hands-down classic. Only song that hasn't really lodged in my brain is I Wish You Lonely. All the others I have found myself singing, including I Bury The Living, which I didn't like on first listen but now find very moving, especially the final coda. I think its lyrics are much more nuanced than they are given credit for.

Best = Home is a ?.
Worst = Israel or All the Young People.

Just received the CD by mail today and listened to it twice.
So far Israel is the song that did it for me.
He has reached a new high when it concerns his singing voice and emotional delivery. Absolutely stunning. And very well produced.
There is no double entendre here.
He is very emotional about it.
And the expression is second to none.
There is no one who can even come close.

I couldn't agree more until you said "Israel" as a Worst contender? I can't compute that. Can I ask you why you hate it?

Mainly the sickly lyrics. All the bollocks about people only hating Israel because they are jealous, etc. It's a shame, as his voice sounds good - they are just terrible, terrible lyrics.

Right now, All the Young People. I think it should have been a single tbh, certainly over I Wish You Lonely - which, while solid doesn’t have a memorable hook - and possibly StDiB. But since this record came out I’ve went through a phase of preferring every track on it, except for In Your Lap. That’s the only one I’d be tempted to skip on a playthrough

Who gave Girl From Tel Aviv 3 votes its the worst track on the album My fave's My Love I'd Do anything. a great opener.

"Israel"* and "Home Is A Question Mark" without a doubt

*to those who rush to offend its lyrics - they are directly addressed to your (yes, your!) ignorance

Back
Top Bottom