• My Insatiable One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Striptease With A Difference

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Born To Hang

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Old 'billy Tune

• Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness (featuring Sandie Shaw)

• Laughing Anne

• Moon Over Kentucky

• I'm Playing Easy To Get

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Kit

• other

• Total voters
'Striptease' all the way. How a song this good can still be unreleased, even after various other demos have been released on the re-issues is beyond me. I think there must be some other personal reason behind Moz not wanting to issue this song, maybe unpleasant/embarrassing memories, or a fall out with someone involved with the song. He surely can't think it's inferior to the likes of 'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home'?

'Striptease' all the way. How a song this good can still be unreleased, even after various other demos have been released on the re-issues is beyond me. I think there must be some other personal reason behind Moz not wanting to issue this song, maybe unpleasant/embarrassing memories, or a fall out with someone involved with the song. He surely can't think it's inferior to the likes of 'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home'?

So very true. I would prefer the version without piano though.

Of course, there's a pedant in every crowd - guess it's my turn:

- "Old 'Billy Tune" was an instrumental track posted to Alain Whyte's myspace page. Has there ever been confirmation that this was strictly intended for Morrissey?

- "Laughing Anne" was given as the name of a Southpaw-era rough demo, but it is not the actual track. (Which was only a backing track to begin with, according to Goddard.)

For my money, "I'm Playing Easy To Get" showed quite a bit of promise lyrically if a bit one-dimensional musically. It would be nice if "I Know Who I Love" would leak. Or the COMPLETE master of "Kit."

I chose Born To Hang...It should have been on Kill Uncle. Damned shame it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom