Fifteen Minutes With Orian Williams, producer of England Is Mine, True To You - Julie Hamill

Fifteen Minutes With Orian Williams, producer of Control, England Is Mine, True To You and fan of The Smiths - Julie Hamill

Excerpt:
'I guess it’s strange that I’m working on two films about Morrissey. I’m doing True To You because of Adam. I met him and I was like, ‘Oh my God I really like this guy. What he’s got is really cool. He’s genuine. It’s so far a lovely film that crosses many borders and touches on things Adam didn’t expect to surface when he started the film.’

To this day, Williams finds himself repeatedly inspired by the video for The Smiths’ ‘How Soon Is Now’ which he first watched over and over in Houston’s Numbers nightclub during his late teens. He cites HSIN as a turning point in his life and a constant reference to his style of production: ‘There’s something about that [How Soon Is Now] atmosphere that lingers into everything I do. The aesthetic of it, the dirt of it all… that cruddy, layered and haunting imagery.’

He is a dedicated Smiths/Morrissey fan, likes Iced Tea and his favourite movie is Blade Runner. He still has a phone number that Morrissey gave him written on the page of a car manual in his apartment (but he won’t let me see it).

40631_orian_williams.jpg

Another interesting interview by Julie.
Regardless of reaction to the movie, he is definitely a fan.
His up and coming fan documentary will be interesting.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
another good interview from Julie.seems like a good guy.

How about 15 minutes with Barone Raffaele.
Now that would good Julie :thumb:

#Standing on his fingers

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Wait a minute, the guy has produced a biopic about Morrissey and he hasn't even finished reading Autobiography in 2017, a book released 4 years ago ! Wouah ! He's strong !

Wait a minute, the guy has produced a biopic about Morrissey and he hasn't even finished reading Autobiography in 2017, a book released 4 years ago ! Wouah ! He's strong !

I hope he has read the chapters corresponding to the period covered by the film.

I hope he has read the chapters corresponding to the period covered by the film.

I didn't get that impression.
Maybe lurking around a bit here at solo?
And thinking he got it all figured out? :brows:

My understanding is that the record company made the video for HSIN and The Smiths were not involved - at least that's what Morrissey's mentioned in interviews.

Thanks for sharing something someone sharing she is not allowed to share. :rolleyes:
Can I too share now I have something beautiful I am not allowed to share? Yes, I can. I just did. :brows:
Now lets all bugging our minds about what it could be about.
Don't forget to breathe, eat and drink and smile. :)

True to Jew, the rise and fall of Julia Riley!

Straight to Netflix for a buck and a half eaten rider from a Moz show in 1996.

Thanks for sharing something someone sharing she is not allowed to share. :rolleyes:
Can I too share now I have something beautiful I am not allowed to share? Yes, I can. I just did. :brows:
Now lets all bugging our minds about what it could be about.
Don't forget to breathe, eat and drink and smile. :)

Her first glance at a knob.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom