Fiona Dodwell: "Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey" (January 24, 2021)

Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey

"Morrissey has found himself slandered and targeted by mainstream publications who viscously criticise his words without even examining why he said them."

Regards,
FWD.

Anyone remember Shaun Duggan? He was a wannabe writer endorsed by Morrissey who went on to a succesful career writing for TV.

Gosh that postmillenial.com webpage is all over the place right-wing

What is Fiona doing on a right wing webpage? *giggle*

Nobody is 'cancelling' anyone - he has the freedom to say what he wants, when he wants. And the result of him having that freedom is that large swathes of his fanbase are turning away precisely because of what he's said. It's no one else's fault but his. If you want the public to part with their money for your product, then get them onside. He's finding out the hard way that his views don't sell.

the bots dont qualify as part of the fanbase.:crazy:

That sound you can hear is the sound of a dead horse being flogged. With each vapid 'article' the desperation deepens.

I'd like to know these publications that 'viscously criticise' - what are they doing, sending him out-of-date Golden Syrup, the bastards?

I've just re-read this, and the standard of writing and editing is absolutely dreadful, and that's putting the right-wing thesaurus aside. Just awful.

o_O

WTF?? what sound?:crazy:
you just re read this?:rolleyes:
out loud? to 'surface'?:lbf:

He has proven himself as someone unwilling to blend in; he's put his face in the centre of the world's dart board - yet his ardent fans admire him all the more for it.
(y):lbf:

Lol, oh the self awareness of the cancellers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know that you're doing the best you can with very limited resources, but this happened a long time ago and Spacey was not a "known predatory homosexual" at the time.
What you're really arguing for is that if an adult can trick someone's parents into trusting them then it's their fault and the kid deserves whatever they get.

More to the point of this conversation though, you're using your own words which are not at all what Morrissey said. When you have to change what someone said in order to make your case you've already lost.
What he actually said would seem to support the opinion that he didn't know what he was talking about any more than you do. And speaking out against a victim when you don't know what you're talking about really is reprehensible and doesn't make him a martyr.

If you think it's ok for kids to go to all male circle jerks then........ok.

I’m asking how many gigs has morrissey done compared to the number that has been cancelled, and it there is any close to the amount of gigs he has done.

Don't know how many he has done but as of April 19, he had cancelled 291 gigs. Personally I've been lucky, out of the 30 ish gigs I've had tickets for, only 1 was cancelled.

Don't know how many he has done but as of April 19, he had cancelled 291 gigs. Personally I've been lucky, out of the 30 ish gigs I've had tickets for, only 1 was cancelled.
Since '88 - approx 1082 gigs.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for that👍
So technically Smiths concerts are not accounted for, so it will be even more....
Not many artists can claim this many gigs....
But we won’t ponder on the positives as it will just annoy some folks .....

I’m asking how many gigs has morrissey done compared to the number that has been cancelled, and it there is any close to the amount of gigs he has done.

the champion of cancelled gigs in music history

Thanks for that👍
So technically Smiths concerts are not accounted for, so it will be even more....
Not many artists can claim this many gigs....
But we won’t ponder on the positives as it will just annoy some folks .....

I'm pretty sure a lot of bands manage on average over 33 gigs per year or 24 gigs per year if you take the cancellations off the total.

I'm pretty sure a lot of bands manage on average over 33 gigs per year or 24 gigs per year if you take the cancellations off the total.
Sooo... that’s a few cancellations then if your in the ball park with your stats,
I’ll take your word for it👍
And if some of these Acts were on the go for as long as Moz,
Then surely this would be average???

Isn’t it pleasant to have an adult conversation without all the jobless, benefit scrounging Annons chirping in ....

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom