Fiona Dodwell: "Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey" (January 24, 2021)

Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey

"Morrissey has found himself slandered and targeted by mainstream publications who viscously criticise his words without even examining why he said them."

Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey doesn’t need cancel Culture he pretty much does that on his own, the main stream media pretty much does not acknowledge him the majority of the time its usually some indie news or mag that he runs his mouth off too knowing he’s gonna say outlandish shit and then they act a gasp like how could he say that and then he gets mad and acts like they misquoted him which they didn’t because they knew he was gonna say some stupid shit especially when you question him about Politics and Race and immigration and his views on those tend to be that of a right wing conservative which is shocking to most because the majority of his fan base from what I’ve seen is liberal leaning, but when you get down to the nit and gritty you should not be surprised because and the end of the day Morrissey is white and I would say he’s lived a privileged white life. That’s why I don’t think Morrissey is at heart racist I just think he’s had that white privilege which makes him oblivious to his own right wing views.

Nice attempt at trying to paint Morrissey as a white privileged man who is oblivious to his own right-wing views.

Morrissey grew up in a poor working-class household & the only privilege/wealth he has gained, he earned through his talent, not because he was born with white skin.

Right wing? I’d call Morrissey a true liberal.

100% agree. Do you really think skinny appraises the writing talent of all the articles slagging Mozza off?? Course he doesn't. He will like them just because they are writing what he likes. skinny isn't reading any mozza hating articles and thinking "would Shakespeare be proud of that writing."

He can't stand anyone defending mozza and that's about all this dodwell is trying to do. If she was slagging off mozza no way would Skinny get so peeved about her.

Exactly.

Skinny is nothing more than a transparently bitter old fool who can’t get over his first love, Morrissey, so spends every waking hour trying to turn everyone against him, whilst just making himself look like the sad loon of a scratched record who can’t move on, that he clearly is.

😶
OY. BG Velcro got all BG 🤒
over Skinny. gets hysterical over skinny.:mad:
Broke nintendo games and making ipod questions thats as loon as it gets.:blushing:

This is far better a title than I would have given this article.

"Why assholes and accountability don't get along well."
By Morrissey's Left Nut (who has been paid a tidy promotional sum to change the title)

Nice attempt at trying to paint Morrissey as a white privileged man who is oblivious to his own right-wing views.

Morrissey grew up in a poor working-class household & the only privilege/wealth he has gained, he earned through his talent, not because he was born with white skin.

Right wing? I’d call Morrissey a true liberal.
True at one point he was a very liberal person but now that he’s aged and time has gone by his views no longer fit liberal landscape his views now conform with the right wing conservatism points of view. To quote Lyndon B. Johnson, who once said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket.” So it doesn’t matter if your rich or poor.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom