Fiona Dodwell: "Five Morrissey Albums That Deserve Reappraisal" (December 3, 2020)

I’ve always thought that swords was always an underrated release , with one of the worst front and back pictures....
He looks like he’s been in the woods Dogging.... anyhow
The stand out tracks are ....
Good looking man about town
The never played stmphonies
Christian Dior
It’s hard to walk tall when your small
Children in pieces
My life is a succession.....
In fact swords is going in the car tomorrow, full blast ....
The picture that was used in the booklet should have been the cover.
hi_2009_swords12_2 (1).jpg

Or this...

MozSword.jpg

probably the vocal effects. His voice is such a factor in some peoples admiration that they just couldn’t get on with it. I think that’s why there was more love for the other rendition of it if I’m recollecting correctly

Ya just might be on to somethin'.

Ah, I see what you mean. In the UK we still call compilations albums.
Yeah, I know that. I just think lumping compilations together with proper studio albums makes no sense. It's like people saying Hatful Of Hollow is their favourite Smiths album.

It's a compilation album. :cool:

Due to the prolonging of the World Peace Tour, which effectively spanned from May 2014, to Sept 2016, I probably seen him 40-50 times in that period. I can honestly say, whilst there were many great nights, that album just felt well and truly done to death, a full year before it actually ended. Whilst it was different to all before it, personally, I think it’s up there with his worst. And just why she’s thrown Swords in, well.....

Your Arsenal needs no new appraisal. It's a classic always has, always will be. Go back to Swords often, many 'treasures ' My Dearest Love - the standout for me.
Maladujsted especially the re issue gets stronger over time.
yip dearest love is terrific.

On which page of the Morrissey Solo guidebook does it say that?
its the page next to the seating plan,you certainly cant miss that,its essential reading for you.

when did you start siding with the usual dumplings,thought as a moderator you were meant to be neutral.
That was an attempt at levity.
The pun being it was predicted and it then happened.
As for 'neutral' - there's nothing to stop me from attempting humour or opinion if I so choose.
Regards,
FWD.

I can 're-appraise' for myself. I'm getting a bit fed up of this Fiona Dodwell character. It's all a bit too sycophantic. Surely Moz doesn't like seeing this shite the whole time.

Due to the prolonging of the World Peace Tour, which effectively spanned from May 2014, to Sept 2016, I probably seen him 40-50 times in that period. I can honestly say, whilst there were many great nights, that album just felt well and truly done to death, a full year before it actually ended. Whilst it was different to all before it, personally, I think it’s up there with his worst. And just why she’s thrown Swords in, well.....
You raise some good points here Janice, I myself thought WP was touted to death, and WP was not a great album to be playing live....I can remember him singing mountjoy, at Hull, a real energy drainer....
And to make matters worse Moz asked the venue owners to close the bar whilst he was on stage ..... so there was no escape.....

I can 're-appraise' for myself. I'm getting a bit fed up of this Fiona Dodwell character. It's all a bit too sycophantic. Surely Moz doesn't like seeing this shite the whole time.
It does all seem a bit redundant—unless one accepts that she’s actually trying (with some success, I’d say) to communicate with Morrissey.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom