Fiona Dodwell: "Five Morrissey Albums That Deserve Reappraisal" (December 3, 2020)

There’s an old rockabilly song I used to own which featured the line ‘they’ll be draggin’ the river for me’ in the chorus. I love One of Our Own, it could’ve been a successful single.
Draggin the river by Ferlin Husky. Straight country though, not rockabilly.

Most of those seem to have flown over my head. The only one I marked with regards to Is It Really So Strange is "What in the world do you want me to do? I can’t help the way I feel."

There are a couple of other phrases that are reminiscent of Smiths era lyrics though.

off the top of my head the I killed a horse bit I believe is in there with another I’m not recalling. I read it a few years ago most recently. I remember the line it must seem very strange being repeated a few times by Jacque. When I see the one line there I tend to think this very similar line could also have influenced the title. It’s in the bar scene

Morrissey is on top of the pops on bbc4 tonight from 1990..
I think, judging by the dates he’ll be singing November....
And if I remember correctly it was the video, and to he honest probably his best video, unfortunately, again if I remember correctly, the video was only shown for about 2 minutes and was cut off quite sharply.....
Only time will tell🙂

Comp's don't count as "albums".
Dictionary definition of album: “a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium.”

They might by distinguished by the prefix ‘studio’ or ‘b-sides’, but since I was knee high, compilations have been called albums in my circles.

Did I go to a weird school or something? It’s quite a shock to find after 40+ years people haven’t been calling these releases albums.

Actor Matthew McConaughey has blasted the "far left," and said that the "illiberal left" is condescending, patronizing, and arrogant when it comes to dealing with conservative Americans.

Actor Matthew McConaughey has blasted the "far left," and said that the "illiberal left" is condescending, patronizing, and arrogant when it comes to dealing with conservative Americans.

But what does McConaughey think of Dodwell's blog and album selection?

I see that Jacobsen is up Dodwell’s backside now. Horrid creature that he is. Wish the worse for him. An almost identical clone to his attention seeking mate, Felton. Oh death; please come to their houses tonight.

I see that Jacobsen is up Dodwell’s backside now. Horrid creature that he is. Wish the worse for him. An almost identical clone to his attention seeking mate, Felton. Oh death; please come to their houses tonight.
Outrageous, why has this post been allowed? Really disgusting.

Dictionary definition of album: “a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium.”

They might by distinguished by the prefix ‘studio’ or ‘b-sides’, but since I was knee high, compilations have been called albums in my circles.

Did I go to a weird school or something? It’s quite a shock to find after 40+ years people haven’t been calling these releases albums.
Observe the idiot in his natural environment as he struggles to come to terms with the fact that he may be wrong about something.

Well..........I think, the Smiths early comps were exceptions, because there was some thought behind them but they tend to be put together by record companies without rhyme or reason plus....they aren't trying to make any kind of statement, like a regular album.....which is why i find it hard to classify them on the same footing.

I'd say almost nobody could say that. You must be tempted to pull over and ring in sick. I lived in Edinburgh for 3 years and will never forget the scenic beauty when we would go travelling at weekends and the odd days off. Should have done more of that.
thing is acton when your surrounded by it you take it for granted and dont appreciate it.
edinburgh and glasgow are both stunning,miss glasgow so much since this virus hit.

Well..........I think, the Smiths early comps were exceptions, because there was some thought behind them but they tend to be put together by record companies without rhyme or reason plus....they aren't trying to make any kind of statement, like a regular album.....which is why i find it hard to classify them on the same footing.

Morrissey is on top of the pops on bbc4 tonight from 1990..
I think, judging by the dates he’ll be singing November....
And if I remember correctly it was the video, and to he honest probably his best video, unfortunately, again if I remember correctly, the video was only shown for about 2 minutes and was cut off quite sharply.....
Only time will tell🙂
Yes. Only time will tell what happened in 1990.

That was the only line that made sense!!!

It's true though.

Pretty much everyone is sick to death of the type of left-winger who does nothing but harass people & try to get them fired & is usually as hypocritical as a homophobic right-wing politician caught in a gay orgy.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom