"First Drafts: Morrissey" - cartoon in Private Eye by Simon Pearsall

In each issue of Private Eye, cartoonist Simon Pearsall imagines what a first draft of a book would have looked like. Last issue it was Morrissey.

privateeye.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is a valid news story to post that clippy art joke but it is hurtful on a site that is supposed to be a fan site. I don't agree with censorship but it is hard to see how posting the cartoon is anything other than a lazy poke at someone who wrote a book. The people laughing at the joke never wrote a book.
'Why don't you find out for yourself?'.

I know it is a valid news story to post that clippy art joke but it is hurtful on a site that is supposed to be a fan site. I don't agree with censorship but it is hard to see how posting the cartoon is anything other than a lazy poke at someone who wrote a book. The people laughing at the joke never wrote a book.

:thumb: If they just went barefoot like Jesus...then they would find...'the glass hidden in the grass'.

Totally agree. It's far better he buy a copy at WH Smith and be offended there than here, the delicate, newsagent-visiting flower.

I have frequented this site since nineteen hundred and ninety nine and since then they have published every piece of Moz and Smiths minutiae that has slipped into the public domain. Positive and negative. They've even had a couple of cease and desist letters from the Man Upstairs. Most stories are published with little or no bias, although I question the timing on the rare occasion. They're not about to censor anything now :) which is fine. And anyway, the cartoon isn't offensive per ce. I would be happy I was featured in a publication with the history and acclaim of Private Eye!

This is a fan site? :paranoid:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom