First Smiths/Morrissey song heard?

Oooh, I think it was actually Sheila Take a Bow, which I can vaguely recall being played when I was about 3 or 4. How Soon is Now? was familiar too, of course, but the first Morrissey song I can actually remember liking was either Irish Blood, English Heart or First of the Gang to Die when they were released. I can remember dancing around to the latter in the living room and in the car aged 10. :o I couldn't pinpoint the actual Smiths song that got me hooked because it was the entire singles compilation that did the job.

Irish Blood, English Heart when I was about 11 or 12.
I had (well my Dad) had YATQ and I listened to FOTGTD repeatedly :cool:
Then I sort of forgot.
Then You Have Killed Me came out and I was hooked again.
Then exactly two years ago I heard There is a Light ... and there was no going back :sweet:
It took me a while to realise the guy from the Smiths was the same person as Morrissey :rolleyes: but I've been pretty obsessed from that point onwards.
Oh and I think I heard Panic and Rubber Ring when I was little because they were familiar.
:)

"Heaven knows i'm miserable now" in my Kitchen when i was 13- so 2004 October time;).

First Moz song was "Irish Blood English heart". I heard it on the radio and went and asked my dad if it was a Smiths song. This was about a week later and i was obsessed with The Smiths by this time. I started singing it and he said he had never heard it. He then told me Morrissey was a solo singer and it was one of his songs:o. He then went and got "You are th Quarry" as an early christmas present for me and Tickets to see him in Glasgow:guitar:.

"Heaven knows i'm miserable now" in my Kitchen when i was 13- so 2004 October time;).

First Moz song was "Irish Blood English heart". I heard it on the radio and went and asked my dad if it was a Smiths song. This was about a week later and i was obsessed with The Smiths by this time. I started singing it and he said he had never heard it. He then told me Morrissey was a solo singer and it was one of his songs:o. He then went and got "You are th Quarry" as an early christmas present for me and Tickets to see him in Glasgow:guitar:.

Rock it! Dads are great for getting Morissey tickets. :D
Even before I loved Morrissey, I liked him. I distinctly remember being so upset when my Dad turned off the radio in the car whilst First Of The Gang To Die was being played. :D

Rock it! Dads are great for getting Morissey tickets. :D
Even before I loved Morrissey, I liked him. I distinctly remember being so upset when my Dad turned off the radio in the car whilst First Of The Gang To Die was being played. :D

Awh, I remember i seen a poster when i was on the bus for the gig so i asked my Dad and he said no- i was really upset and then one day as i was just about to go to school. He presented a Morrissey ticket to me. I was over the moon:guitar:.

My Dad siad i have put him off Morrissey now becuas ei like him so much- which isn't a good thing:(. He was my Moz gig going partner for a while but not any more:tears:.

Awh, I remember i seen a poster when i was on the bus for the gig so i asked my Dad and he said no- i was really upset and then one day as i was just about to go to school. He presented a Morrissey ticket to me. I was over the moon:guitar:.

My Dad siad i have put him off Morrissey now becuas ei like him so much- which isn't a good thing:(. He was my Moz gig going partner for a while but not any more:tears:.

Awwwww, schade. :(
My mother has taken over as my Moz-gigging partner, although I'm sure my dad would love to go again. :D

QUOTE]

thats why you liked the carling academy

I go on my own now:(. But i always meet random people and make friends and a few people on here;)

awh .. we love you , your our child

First song I ever heard from him was "Suedehead". It was on some shitty 80s compilation I bought for about 1 Eur.
http://www.amazon.de/New-Wave-Classics-Various/dp/B0000075GA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1214669578&sr=8-16
I liked it but I thought at that time it's nothing special.
1 year later I heard "Irish Blood, English Heart" on the radio and it blew me away.
1 week later I bought 'Quarry'
2 weeks later I bought the Smiths-Debut and Bona Drag.
1 week later I was officially Moz-addicted :)

Frankly, Mr. Shankly. When I was 11. Hooked ever since.

'reel around the fountain' or 'still ill'

"best friend on the payroll" 1996. in highschool. my friend had an old red buick and a bunch of mix tapes his older brother had made him. we'd drive all around our suburbs singing to morrissey. the tape, oddly enough, was mixed with bands like neurosis, the promise ring, bloodlet, deadguy and texas is the reason. very strange assortment.
my older sister was into the smiths and the cure way before i knew anything about music.

It was the You Are The Quarry singles. I'm sure I heard Irish Blood first, but got very obsessed with I Have Forgiven Jesus

QUOTE]

thats why you liked the carling academy

awh .. we love you , your our child

I never seen Moz at the Carling- my Dad would only let me go to one gig on that tour and it HAD to be Stirling for some reason. It was the SECC gig back in December 2004;)

Woo hoo someone loves me:D. I'll never be alone again at a Moz gig!

Heaven knows... I think, in a Uruguayan TOP 16
And The more you ignore me, same place.

Oddly enough, Some girls are bigger than others made it to that TOP 16.

I was 13 or 14 at the time, it was 1999 and I was watching some drippy American film called Never Been Kissed. Towards the end of the film, out of nowhere, the most beautiful voice I had ever heard came drifting out "see the luck i've had, can make a good man....bad...." and I had to press rewind again and again because I physically could not get enough. Sadly this was in the days before I had internet access, so it was a few months before I discovered that it was in fact by a band called The Smiths and the startlingly short song was called Please Please Please. I've never looked back.

irish blood english heart on music tv channel viva..i bet i heard s.th before but never realized it..who's behind of it..:)

Back
Top Bottom