For sale: Vintage T-shirts of Queen is Dead & Shoplifters; 12" LPs of Eponymous, Louder & QID

Kewpie

Subscriber
Re: For your interest

Steady on - according to Alan on Twitter the QID is genuine, the Shoplifters is a later date t-shirt.

P.

The last live appearance was 12th December 1986.

Rough Trade made Shopliftes T shirts for promotional purpose only (some photos of Morrssey in the T shirt).
Official Shoplifters T shirts weren't sold to the public. The ones sold in shops were unofficial replica T shirts.

A

Anonymous

Steady on - according to Alan on Twitter the QID is genuine, the Shoplifters is a later date t-shirt.

P.

That Shoplifters shirt definitely isn't official. There were official ones, after the split, but they didn't look like that

elephant6ers

The Shoplifter tee is actually an officially licensed re-print made in the 2000s. It has a copyright. I bought 2 a few years back, one is still in a wrapper.

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.

Incorrect, the one sold on etsy certainly dates back to the 1980s, however this is the original one, as worn by Morrissey:

foghno.jpg

And this is the licensed re-print from a few years ago:

2cyi9ti.jpg

Arpal 75

P.

The Queen is deas shirt is not genuine from the 80's. Authentic t-shirts at the time were labeled "smithdom" at the bottom of the picture of the album cover. But here, nothing is written.

elephant6ers

Some Queen Is Dead tees don't have smithdom copyright, but are from the 80s. I know because I have both versions, in white and grey no less. Bought them in the mid 80s.

The Queen is deas shirt is not genuine from the 80's. Authentic t-shirts at the time were labeled "smithdom" at the bottom of the picture of the album cover. But here, nothing is written.

Top Bottom