For those who were at the front of the Liverpool gig

racheluk

...what actually happened after Morrissey walked off?

I could see (from my seat) that there were lots of security shining their torches on one particular section of the crowd. Did they seem mainly concerned with finding out who the culprit was or were they trying to break up fights because people were having a go at the person they thought was responsible?

I've heard that the alleged culprit was removed from the venue - Is that the case? Did it appear that they were just ejecting him from the venue or taking him somewhere else to deal with? Were they perhaps hoping at this stage that Moz would come back on if the culprit was ejected from the audience?

Being ejected might be a punishment if the gig had continued (presuming the guy is actually a Morrissey fan - I can't begin to understand his mentality...). However, as the concert didn't continue, he would be no worse off than the thousands of people whose night he spoilt (and will get his refund, the same as everyone else).

The venue have said that they are looking at CCTV footage but surely it would have been too dark for them to see anything?

Last edited:
Re: For those who were at the front of the Liverpool gig....

they were shining the torches in the particular area it seemed to come from, but the chap they pulled out of the crowed was for his own safety. he apparently was not the one that did it but was blamed by another which then seemed like everyone else jumped on the bandwagon and blamed him too. they were saying he would not come back unless he was removed. but they removed him because everyone else was dragging him out...crazy it was.

The vast majority of those pointing out a victim, would have been in the same position I was - without a clue who did it. When I was about 14 I watched a crowd of onlookers chant "jump" to a would be suicide in central Manchester, stood on the roof of Lewis's. It was like that last night. People wanted the prey, regardless of guilt.

exactly i feel sorry for the bloke who got the blame only if it wasnt him but his missus was in tears it could easily have been anybody who got the blame and everyoone else would have joined in. even the chap that really did it would probably have joned in on the blame. i dont understand though how the security ever thought they would find him.

an exclusive photo of the front roll :

i was quite close to the incident to where everyone was pointing and have to say i didnt think it was him as the plastic bottle/cup thrown seemed to come from behind me and they were infront to the left of me.

I also saw a bit fo a scuffle from the area i thought the plastic cup/bottle came from.

Hilarious Cornelius.

Your 'witty' posts lack a certain something......wit.

Is this the point where I say 'calm down, calm down'?

I won't.

Is this the point where I say 'calm down, calm down'?

I won't.

Someone actually did, last night outside the Arena. There was bit of scuffle near the doors and that phrase had an authentic airing.

Back
Top Bottom