Forest Hills, NY show 2019-09-07 selling 4 tickets for $99 (no fees) this weekend

You're a 20 year old virgin right?

Stephen you sad f*** go find a good religion that works for you. It doesn't come out of an IKEA catalog. Your like some sort of plastic person being alive rather than living. All this crap in your head like a cement anchor around your ankle. Youre probably a perfectly decent fellow but your wasting existence. At least take a class in meditation to feel anything vaguely spiritual.

I despise them ALL. ...and the fact that a bunch of xenophobic c***s are using one sky-fairy over another - as a means to justify their horrific level of ignorance - speaks volumes.

Before Jesus, they were ALL fire and brimstone c***s. Every last one of the big three. Bring in Jesus and “forgiveness”? Now, even the most reprehensible piece of shit can find salvation on their death-bed.

More money and power for the tax-free church. More distraction from the reality of what we’re witnessing here. More excuses for a shitty, tribalistic view of the world - from one’s tiny microcosm. ...and more division, fear and hatred.

f*** sky-fairies. ...and f*** YOU if they’re ANY part of your contribution to a rational discourse.

I can assure you if you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself or a loved one staring into the business end of a lunatics gun, brain cancer or any other potentially terminal event, you don't pray to Richard Dawkins.

Did anyone buy the 4-for-$99 tickets as a result of this thread?

Just curious.

Like all Marxists, you seem to believe you’ve arrived on this planet in some pristine state that is actually holier than holy. I would suggest that you couldn’t possibly come to the conclusions you’ve arrived at without the religious histories that lie behind you.

Your choice of, “Like all Marxists...” as a lead-off, based on a clear tongue-in-cheek name says more about you than it does anything else.

You keep trying though, ya wee daft c***. Work yourself into that tizzy, as you fruitlessly attempt to make yourself relevant. Your need to belong may be satiated here but - in the real world - you’re just another immature, ignorant shit-sack - who desperately wants to blame their failure in life on someone else.

Like all Marxists, you seem to believe you’ve arrived on this planet in some pristine state that is actually holier than holy. I would suggest that you couldn’t possibly come to the conclusions you’ve arrived at without the religious histories that lie behind you.

Well, I'm a historian, so I'm aware of the importance of religion throughout history and its impact on our civilisations, both positive and negative. However, it's the 21st century now, and people shouldn't need to believe in a god, for which we have zero proof of its existence, in order to guide us or inform our moral values. People should be good, kind, compassionate people not because of the rewards they may get in an after life, but because it's the right thing to do.

There is nothing pessimistic about believing there is no magical Mary Poppins afterlife. As someone once said 'he was born and then he lived and then he died'. Whats so bad about that? To live a long life is more than a lot of people get to do. Just because Valhalla doesn't exist doesn't make that life a sad life. You say pessimism, I say realism. It doesn't bother me at all if there is nothing else. Because by then I'll be dead and I won't care. I honestly feel that if people were more practical in their thinking the world would be far better off.

Quantum Theory is really going to boil your mind ACTON. To quote someone else "Theres more in heaven and earth than exists in our philosophy."

In your case Stalin, theres nothing before you die either. Nothing.

Well, considering how hateful, bitter and intolerant you appear to be, "Anonymous", I very much doubt you're leading a particularly enjoyable life at the moment. Chill out a bit, be kind to others and enjoy yourself.

But it doesn't. If anything, knowing that there is nothing after I die makes life more enjoyable and it makes you appreciate how wonderful life is, and the importance of being as kind and compassionate as much as you possibly can. If you need religion to make you feel better or to inform your moral values, then that's just a bit sad.
100%. Sadder still that it makes numbskulls think they can judge you because you choose to use your evolved/God given/accidental brain. There's a few great quotes from season 1 of True Detective where Matthew McConaughey's character basically says it all:

(1)
If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit.
(2)
I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a historian, so I'm aware of the importance of religion throughout history and its impact on our civilisations, both positive and negative. However, it's the 21st century now, and people shouldn't need to believe in a god, for which we have zero proof of its existence, in order to guide us or inform our moral values. People should be good, kind, compassionate people not because of the rewards they may get in an after life, but because it's the right thing to do.
Fair point, well made, but I feel ‘the right thing to do’ is by no means obvious.

Stalin You are NOT a historian. You are a far-right fascist who is wasting the talents he has on being a bit too scared to take responsibility for himself. However, we HAVE proved the existence of god. That was the point of the Large Hadron Collider in the realm of Quantum Theory from which we BUILT the Quantum computer which calculates in multiple dimensions. The universe is completely mindblowing and even you Stalin are an integral part of it and unfortunately there are infinite/ finite versions of you. Some versions are probably even making someone happy due to the responsibility you have acquired by honing your talents. So now you know you can go play outside I have faith you will sort this out Stalin because some version of you did. The only question we have left is around pre-determinism and whether time is a dimension or a perception after that we can discuss whether there actually is space if its questionable whether time exists.

They should be good, kind and compassionate but they obviously aren't. So, in an increasingly less religious country, how is that going to be attained? From the thought police? I got my basic values from my parents and a basic understanding of Christianity. Where are kids getting those values today when Christianity is dismissed and parents hardly ever stay together?

Chill out a bit, be kind to others and enjoy yourself.

Actually your right and frankly Ive developed respect for you from this one statement. Is this advice for me or is it advice for us both? Did we learn anything from our interactions, did we grow in any way or did we waste our time Stalin?

They should be good, kind and compassionate but they obviously aren't. So, in an increasingly less religious country, how is that going to be attained? From the thought police? I got my basic values from my parents and a basic understanding of Christianity. Where are kids getting those values today when Christianity is dismissed and parents hardly ever stay together?
From intelligent decent parent(s). The only good line from the bible or commandments or whatever is: 'Treat others as you would like them to treat you.'
You don't need a bible, church, or any man made bullshit to teach you more about that one simple sentence. It's not rocket science.

Question number 1 when you meet a potential girlfriend/boyfriend/humasexual friend shouldn't be 'whats your favourite band' or 'do you eat meat'. It should be 'are you religious'. If the answer is yes then jump through that Tech Noir nightclub window like Arnie blasted by a sawn off shotgun. Run and don't look back, because religion is Michael Myers but without an interesting mask or great soundtrack. Actually religion is a b-movie Friday the 13th. Church is Crystal Lake where sex is guaranteed to kill you.

Last edited:
From intelligent decent parent(s). The only good line from the bible or commandments or whatever is: 'Treat others as you would like them to treat you.'
You don't need a bible, church, or any man made bullshit to teach you more about that one simple sentence. It's not rocket science.

But a lot of parents aren't intelligent or decent. In today's society, it's kids having kids teaching kids values to their offspring. I think your downer on Christianity or religion in general is disingenuous.

100%. Sadder still that it makes numbskulls think they can judge you because you choose to use your evolved/God given/accidental brain. There's a few great quote from season 1 of True Detective where Matthew McConaughey's character basically says it all:

(1)
If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit.
(2)
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

If people want to believe in God, I can understand why that may be and the attraction of it. When you visit a beautiful church or Cathedral, like the wonderful art deco Basilica of the Sacred Heart, I can see why people find religion so powerful.

On the other hand, I just feel that we understand so much more about the universe and existence. We can still appreciate the wonderful architecture or the importance of the King James Bible in helping to spread literacy, but do we really need religion to inform our moral values?

But a lot of parents aren't intelligent or decent. In today's society, it's kids having kids teaching kids values to their offspring. I think your downer on Christianity or religion in general is disingenuous.
I'm down on Athletes Foot and Gonorrhea too. Its all the same drivel manufactured for people who are too weak to stand on their own two feet. Its like the shit they believe in Logan's Run or Children Of The Corn. Seriously. I'd have to be lobotomized before I could believe anything the corrupt church tells me. That doesn't mean there isn't a God. The curcus of religion has nothing to do with God.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom