Forest Hills, NY show 2019-09-07 selling 4 tickets for $99 (no fees) this weekend

From intelligent decent parent(s). The only good line from the bible or commandments or whatever is: 'Treat others as you would like them to treat you.'
You don't need a bible, church, or any man made bullshit to teach you more about that one simple sentence. It's not rocket science.

Question number 1 when you meet a potential girlfriend/boyfriend/humasexual friend shouldn't be 'whats your favourite band' or 'do you eat meat'. It should be 'are you religious'. If the answer is yes then jump through that Tech Noir nightclub window like Arnie blasted by a sawn off shotgun. Run and don't look back, because religion is Michael Myers but without an interesting mask or great soundtrack. Actually religion is a b-movie Friday the 13th. Church is Crystal Lake where sex is guaranteed to kill you.
I'm down on Athletes Foot and Gonorrhea too. Its all the same drivel manufactured for people who are too weak to stand on their own two feet. Its like the shit they believe in Logan's Run or Children Of The Corn. Seriously. I'd have to be lobotomized before I could believe anything the corrupt church tells me. That doesn't mean there isn't a God. The curcus of religion has nothing to do with God.
Well the last points amount to a significant sophistication of your original position. Nevertheless, you take monotheism as a spiritual default; if you are so oblivious to religion where did that come from?

I'm down on Athletes Foot and Gonorrhea too. Its all the same drivel manufactured for people who are too weak to stand on their own two feet. Its like the shit they believe in Logan's Run or Children Of The Corn. Seriously. I'd have to be lobotomized before I could believe anything the corrupt church tells me. That doesn't mean there isn't a God. The curcus of religion has nothing to do with God.

I'm from the C of E side, so I never got the Catholic thing but i can understand the cynicism, as one of my best mates is from N Ireland and Catholic and grew up during the troubles. He has no time for religion but funnily enough travels round the world and never misses an opportunity to visit a church.

I'm from the C of E side, so I never got the Catholic thing but i can understand the cynicism, as one of my best mates is from N Ireland and Catholic and grew up during the troubles. He has no time for religion but funnily enough travels round the world and never misses an opportunity to visit a church.
For me it all boils down to this: I'd rather spend an hour on Spotify listening to Moz/The Cure/Joy Division/New Order/electronica than listen to a celibate priest singing mangled versions of simpleton songs or reciting drivel from a bible obviously written by women hating twisted twats. Its hard for me to keep the hate out of that, because I hate it when mentally inferior and morally questionable people tell me what to do. The only 'Control' I like is the Joy Div film by Anton Corbijn.

But a lot of parents aren't intelligent or decent. In today's society, it's kids having kids teaching kids values to their offspring. I think your downer on Christianity or religion in general is disingenuous.
You, li’l dodger; are fully off your already compromised cranium cream.

He made it perfectly clear, rational and easy enough for a f***ing Syrian in an ESL class to understand. What makes it so difficult for you?

Where’s the answer to my question?

From intelligent decent parent(s). The only good line from the bible or commandments or whatever is: 'Treat others as you would like them to treat you.'
You don't need a bible, church, or any man made bullshit to teach you more about that one simple sentence. It's not rocket science.

Well yes and no. Theres been massive societal pressures to focus on what makes people different and victims rather than what makes us similar. This is so we don't club together and make the government responsible for not doing their job and betraying the post they have, of making sure that everyone they represent has "mostly a nice time" Then theres the pressures of comparing what you have with what someone else has and somehow having more things means you have meaning and to "get ahead" A lot of this is brainwashing through media, movies, youtube, music heros etc which makes the individual feel inferior. So out of all these things "treat others like you would like to be treated" doesn't factor as a major driver of behavior.

As an example someone whos posts you have liked has been persecuting some woman on another thread. I dont know her, but essentially she likes a band and a singer and its added to her experience of life. Nothing wrong with that. He has made out that he knows her to the core and judges her absolutely, has read her secret most inner thoughts and she is a racist and a fascist and full of HATE and a supporter of paedophillia and sexist and so on. He has added the word f*** to the front of her name. He has done this with the help of a couple of other actors. None of the labels are theirs. None of these ideas are theirs. Im not even sure their behavior was theirs but more their group identity. The woman didn't have a group identity she just liked the music of Morrissey and the Smiths. Now clearly they didnt focus on what they had in common with the woman which is that they like the Smiths and it improved their experience of life. The guy who persecuted the woman is probably a very fine fellow but his behavior has been bad because in his view that lady was a line of text, sub human and he had a bad day or felt weellll ....life. So I followed him about the site and highlighted in practical ways that there is no moral highground in making a person feel bad using ideology you dont own to beat her with. Now out of this

The persecutors and not bad people they are good and bad but their behavior was bad
The lady isnt a bad person she is good and bad and she was made to feel bad
I am not a bad person I am good and bad who demonstrated self justified bad behavior
You are not a bad person you are good and bad but you liked a post

There are mixed messages in todays society. Religeon gives you a reason to choose to be the person who treats others as you would like them to treat you so you can grow in a feeling of peace and calmness. It gives you reasons to ignore the conflicting messages of ego gratification or bling as a measure of success because you want that feeling of spiritual enlightenment that you get from acknowledging someone elses humanity. Christianity got you to this point in society and kept you mostly OK for 2000 years. Be careful what you replace it with.

When the fellow that said these things acknowledges his behavior wasnt great then apologies to her for making her feel bad because he feels that would help him grow as a person then we will have some progress dont you agree?

For me it all boils down to this: I'd rather spend an hour on Spotify listening to Moz/The Cure/Joy Division/New Order/electronica than listen to a celibate priest singing mangled versions of simpleton songs or reciting drivel from a bible obviously written by women hating twisted twats. Its hard for me to keep the hate out of that, because I hate it when mentally inferior and morally questionable people tell me what to do. The only 'Control' I like is the Joy Div film by Anton Corbijn.

Me too, on the whole.........but then I hear something like this and it touches my soul just as much as all those you mentioned.

Me too, on the whole.........but then I hear something like this and it touches my soul just as much as all those you mentioned.

Beautiful; thanks for sharing that. But stand by for someone intervening to remind me that it’s actually ‘total shite’ or some such.

I noticed the floor tickets at the Dallas show dropped from the regular price of 129 to 99 now.
So I overpaid by $60+fees for two tickets now and they don't want to refund the difference? I'm so over it now. Just going to resell and take a loss. Done.

Ooops, I'm on the wrong forum apparently. This one is about the meaning of life.

I noticed the floor tickets at the Dallas show dropped from the regular price of 129 to 99 now.
So I overpaid by $60+fees for two tickets now and they don't want to refund the difference? I'm so over it now. Just going to resell and take a loss. Done.

Ooops, I'm on the wrong forum apparently. This one is about the meaning of life.
Yes, you’re barking up the wrong tree here I’m afraid. Though I must say this “Morrissey” fellow sounds like a good chap. Might catch him myself one day.

Mini hotel cafe gig update:
tix sold yesterday:0

it maybe we werent praying properly.o_O

lets pray::pray:

Allah:turban: , Most Merciful, smile on the Mini gig,please help sell some tix
for this Mini hotel gig:bow:

Salaam:pray:

It’ll be interesting to see what sort show he rolls out. If he comes out swinging with a really fun, upbeat, crowd-pleasing set on the early dates it could spike sales for later shows. People who have been put off by him lately might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But if it’s heavily loaded with boring covers, Munich Air Disaster, and World Peace.... again, well.....

Last edited:
It’ll be interesting to see what sort show he rolls out. If he comes out swinging with a really fun, upbeat, crowd-pleasing set on the early dates it could spike sales for later shows. People who have been put off by him lately might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But if it’s heavily loaded with boring covers, Munich Air Disaster, and World Peace.... again, well.....

People that visit this website will know about set-lists for upcoming concerts. But this is a tiny percentage of the audience at any concert (about 2 to 3%). Most people go to the concerts to see the singer from the Smiths, and hope he will play at least 5 or 6 songs that they know. The idea that all 5,000 people attending a concert have been spending their spare time scrutinising websites for set-list information before a show really is just nonsense. If a tour is advertised as playing a certain album (e.g. to mark its anniversary) that would have an impact, but otherwise changes to set-lists make virtually no difference at all, apart from to the 2 or 3% of the audience that are massively into the artist. The New York set-lists were among his most diverse ever, and still tickets were readily available for most dates even though the total capacity for all nights was modest, even by his standards.

People that visit this website will know about set-lists for upcoming concerts. But this is a tiny percentage of the audience at any concert (about 2 to 3%). Most people go to the concerts to see the singer from the Smiths, and hope he will play at least 5 or 6 songs that they know. The idea that all 5,000 people attending a concert have been spending their spare time scrutinising websites for set-list information before a show really is just nonsense. If a tour is advertised as playing a certain album (e.g. to mark its anniversary) that would have an impact, but otherwise changes to set-lists make virtually no difference at all, apart from to the 2 or 3% of the audience that are massively into the artist. The New York set-lists were among his most diverse ever, and still tickets were readily available for most dates even though the total capacity for all nights was modest, even by his standards.

$9.30 for New Jersey tickets, that's a real bargain, wonder when the re sellers will start dumping their Hollywood Bowl tickets?

https://www.stubhub.com/morrissey-t...9_1566823311_22313bacbb007ca7dc96ab98adb6c4a4

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom