Frankly Vulgar is DEAD!!!!

> IS it true?? Please say no somebody!

I am ASSuming that it is dead. I tried to get on there a few times yesterday, and it wouldn't load up. What a shame, that kid had a great MP3 source. If it is gone, it will be missed.
-robm

Well, apparently it is! very sad indeed... Their statement says that the site became too popular and also that they were contacted by someone close to moz, although they don't say what was said.

Personally, I think the "people close to Moz" shouldn't bother the least, since Frankly Vulgar pretty much made bootlegs unneccesary...
It was a great site indeed.

Unfortunately, it is true. We have been lucky that it lasted so long, because many other MP3 sites have been shut down long before this. Maybe someone else with a big Moz/Smiths collection, a good knowledge of computers and the internet, and a lot of extra time could start a new site and take more measures to keep it on the down low. I would like to thank the people who ran the site, if they are reading this.

Re: Frankly Vulgar is gone but not DEAD!!!!

>I would like to thank the
> people who ran the site, if they are reading this.

Let's hope for a reincarnation in the future. Such sites for MP3s and lyrics are doomed to be short lived, but will often turn up where you least expect them.
I appreciate all the MP3s I gleaned from Frankly Vulgar.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasn't done getting the santa barbra shows. i just got the 'is it really so strange'

a sad day indeed in the internet world of morrissey.

'Requiescat In Pace'

somehow i know it will rise again in a different form, at least i'm hoping.

head_stones_11.jpg

Re: Frankly Vulgar is gone but not DEAD!!!!

> Let's hope for a reincarnation in the future. Such sites for
> MP3s and lyrics are doomed to be short lived, but will often
> turn up where you least expect them.
> I appreciate all the MP3s I gleaned from Frankly Vulgar.

Since most of us borrowed from Frankly Vulgar, why can't we post requests here and try to fulfill them for the needy?
A hint for the 'close to Moz' management bloke: make more work of promoting Moz around the globe!

A giant hug for 'our Frank' ...

I have a request: Please bring Frankly Vulgar back!

such a fine source for mp3s it was.
I cherish all the files I downloaded - especially the ones of teh SB show.

A big *HUG* for whoever it was who ran that site.

Love & glitter,

Alex

Morrissey in Hamburg

arrrrghh! This can't be…. It is just outrageous. I just saw as what they referred to as "Frankly Vulgar Final Statement." :(

Oh well…

I think everybody should write a thank you e-mail to the person who run it, E Salomon. His e-mail is posted in the main page on the Santa Barbara mp3 announcement page.

finally done

My favorite track taken from Frankly Vulgar is "There Speaks a True Friend." But I didn't get a chance to download the T-Rex version of "Cosmic Dancer." Anyway, I think the site will make a return. It will be so secretive that I won't know about it.

The T.Rex version of "Cosmic Dancer" isn't worth getting anyway. Can't understand how Morrissey could say it was "one of their brighter moments", it's actually the only flaw to one of the (in my opinion) best albums ever ("Electric Warrior"... it's a really tasteless name, I know).

Irony...and he should have known about that site all along

How I had a big discussion with someone here talking about how bands and labels were shutting down MP3 sites and it looks like Morrissey does it also.

well?

Does anyone have a clue that after so many months of operation, someone finally got around to writing them and telling them to quit? The reprise video? The fact that he is about to make a new album?

Welcome to the world of not making money off your artistic pursuits. Many people have been camping on those sacred grounds for years.

The insurance sketch!

Re: Irony...and he should have known about that site all along

> How I had a big discussion with someone here talking about how
> bands and labels were shutting down MP3 sites and it looks like
> Morrissey does it also.

the person was me, wasn't it?

if morrissey wants to shut down the site you were right.

but we don't know yet.

madredeus

i am iron man

> the person was me, wasn't it?

mebbe

> if morrissey wants to shut down the site you were right.

> but we don't know yet.

And how do we get "proof" other than what has happened? I'm sure Morrissey himself is not going to pop up on this board telling us someone broke into his manager's office and posed as him. Conveniently, since he doesn't "know" about the internet and only knows about his website slave (as that whole charade makes very little sense at this point), he could claim he doesn't even understand what an MP3 is. He might come back and say that it was explained to him that MP3's were miniature soviet UFO's piloted by Janet Reno impersonators sent out to destroy his stock of Westham boys shirts, and therefore could easily be fooled into trying to destroy the enemy MP3 population by people who realize how susceptible he is in his pure ignorance of technology!

Of course, I can dream for that day all I want to as well.

Re: i am iron man

my dearest iron man, your post was very funny.

and if you said you are "iron man" because you read some posts of myself where i talked abouy my love for black sabbath, thank you for your attention.

and finally: if you are right morrissey has a bad character and i was completely wrong.

but i think morrissey is a good guy and whatever he explain to me i'll try to understand.

it may be irrattional from my side - but i still think he is not greedy.

> mebbe

> And how do we get "proof" other than what has
> happened? I'm sure Morrissey himself is not going to pop up on
> this board telling us someone broke into his manager's office
> and posed as him. Conveniently, since he doesn't
> "know" about the internet and only knows about his
> website slave (as that whole charade makes very little sense at
> this point), he could claim he doesn't even understand what an
> MP3 is. He might come back and say that it was explained to him
> that MP3's were miniature soviet UFO's piloted by Janet Reno
> impersonators sent out to destroy his stock of Westham boys
> shirts, and therefore could easily be fooled into trying to
> destroy the enemy MP3 population by people who realize how
> susceptible he is in his pure ignorance of technology!

> Of course, I can dream for that day all I want to as well.

madredeus

Back
Top Bottom