Full Morrissey interview on news.com.au: Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry, unreleased Smiths

Exclusive: Morrissey on Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry and unreleased Smiths material - news.com.au
By Cameron Adams, News Corp Australia Network

There's so much here. But, forgive me - calling George Galloway and Nigel Farage liberal educators - what f***ing world does he live in. f***ing hell. he's finally lost it.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey's comment was about an Islamic butchering practice. You are extrapolating that it's somehow against Muslims. Given his past statements about the floodgates of immigration, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if he has an issue with an Islamic mayor.
I think it's more complicated though. "I Will See You In Far Off Places," "Bengali In Platforms," and even "America Is Not The World," seem to suggest that his belief is actually accepting of different races and cultures but feeling that they should "stay where they is."
Most people do not see themselves as villains and Morrissey probably honestly feels that his xenophobic worldview is not racist or discriminatory. Halal butchering practices are controversial, and part of this is because of anti-Islamic sentiment. I read about halal butchering practices. Tesco in England says that the victims of halal slaughter are stunned, in accordance with law, before having their throats slit. But I looked for PETA's view on halal slaughter because this is most likely Morrissey's viewpoint. (PETA's boycott of Canada is the reason he won't play there but is scheduling dates in China.)
PETA has an article called " The Cruelty Behind Muslim Ritual Slaughter." You can see where this is going. They have video of a halal slaughterhouse in Belgium. What I learned is that in Belgium it is also required that animals be stunned before being slaughtered. However, they do allow an exception to this for "ritual slaughter practices" so that animals there do not have to be stunned. Now the quote from Tesco about practices in England is only about Tesco, so I think it's very likely that there is a similar situation in England where animals are slaughtered without being stunned.
I think it's more complicated than to say Morrissey's anti-halal comment is anti-Muslim.
Skinny just picks and chooses what he wants to have a tantrum about. It has nothing to do with making sense.

Err, because it's possible to have different opinions about various politicians and like them for different aspects of their behaviour. I know plenty of people who like politicians from right across the spectrum, including the likes of Galloway, Farage, Corbin and Sanders.

The main argument in this thread again comes down to the rather pathetic line of, "Anyone who backed Brexit must be a racist".

It's nonsense, of course, and an example of people throwing their toys out of the pram and being utterly incapable of accepting the opinions of others.
Sound like anyone we know here?

It's also hilarious at these "Anonymous" posters that slag off Mozz with such vitriol. Why come here? You aren't going to change any minds and Moz isn't reading your puerile little comments. Talk about pathetic.

Farage a liberal eductator?
Seriously, though; he can't really believe that?!

It's also hilarious at these "Anonymous" posters that slag off Mozz with such vitriol. Why come here? You aren't going to change any minds and Moz isn't reading your puerile little comments. Talk about pathetic.
They want to make things hard for Morrissey.

yes by supporting someone who wants to let in millions of undocumented refugee's who have the potential to kill American's. Either directly by shooting them at a Christmas party. Or indirectly by TB or some other illness that was eradicated from the US before Obama was elected.
Why he's supporting Bernie Sanders is a mystery to me. Morrissey doesn't seem like a person who would like to pay 90% from his gigs and royalties to support social programs. Based on previous interviews I think it's also unlikely he would invite Syrian refugee's with TB over to his 5 star hotel room for afternoon tea.
I don't know what to say, except than you've been brainwashed.

M in November 2015

His latest album has several political overtones. Do you have any opinion on the crisis of immigrants in Europe?

At this point, I think nobody takes care of anyone. Security does not exist. But I understand the position of migrants, because they are telling the world that they are opposed to staying undaunted by the rest of their lives, while White Trash jet set still driving the planet. Global poverty has been specifically designed, not an accident. That's what migrants are saying: we want what you have.

:clap:Bravo. That's exactly what I say.

As well as the previously posted MEN link, The Guardian has an article on all of this:

Oh God! Morrissey talks about Galloway, Farage and Sadiq Khan
According to the Smiths singer, the Respect MP and Ukip man are loathed by the BBC because of their love of freedom. And the London mayor talks too quickly …

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ey-talks-about-galloway-farage-and-sadiq-khan
Wow you found another Social Justice Warrior who agrees with you. Congratulations!

Wow you found another Social Justice Warrior who agrees with you. Congratulations!

You'll never stop him mate, he's consumed.

You'll never stop him mate, he's consumed.

Actually, that came from a Google alert. Oddly, there was no alternative view news stories in there. If you find them, go right ahead and post them to redress this awful imbalance. You're free to do that, so go right ahead.

Actually, that came from a Google alert. Oddly, there was no alternative view news stories in there. If you find them, go right ahead and post them to redress this awful imbalance. You're free to do that, so go right ahead.

Where Morrissey is concerned the media don't post stories in support of him. Never have done and never will. They are always looking for something inflammatory that Morrissey will say so they can pillory him. Sort of like the mods on this site, LOL. But that's the way the game works.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom