Full Morrissey interview on news.com.au: Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry, unreleased Smiths

Exclusive: Morrissey on Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry and unreleased Smiths material - news.com.au
By Cameron Adams, News Corp Australia Network

There's so much here. But, forgive me - calling George Galloway and Nigel Farage liberal educators - what f***ing world does he live in. f***ing hell. he's finally lost it.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's singularly ill-advised to single out Halal without mentioning Kosher. He's an opportunistic, careerist troll who flirts with controversial views to garner attention. He'd hardly get attention for his music or writing these days.
This is worth repeating. Some people are not going to accept it because they think troll = bad and Morrissey = good. But he's been trolling since the beginning. There is a real art to trolling and lots of great personalities have made themselves controversial in order to raise their profile or spread their message. His Smiths-era interviews were loaded with comments about other pop stars that weren't really necessary, and that he possibly didn't even believe, but they were very funny and quotable. Morrissey's interviews are the reason The Smiths made it as far as they did in the US. They definitely weren't being played on the radio even at the height of their popularity in the UK. But Morrissey was featured in rock magazines like Creem. Well, mostly just Creem, but that was a hugely influential publication.
Morrissey has been trolling his entire career.
t0GGEWu.jpg

A Muslim who does not follow the proper dictates of Koran is considered an apostate. Try saying you dont follow Islam in a Muslim country and check what happens.

According to Islamic Law there are no grounds upon which one can argue that animals should not be killed for food. The Islamic legal opinion on this issue is based on clear Qur’anic verses. Muslims are not only prohibited from eating certain food, but also may not choose to prohibit themselves food that is allowed by Islam. Accordingly vegetarianism is not permitted unless on grounds such as unavailability or medical necessity. Vegetarianism is not allowed under the pretext of giving priority to the interest of animals because such decisions are God’s prerogative.

So you are in danger of being considered an apostate, and you know what the likely result is of being considered one of those LOL

One guy's interpretation of Islam. And there are plenty of vegetarian places in UAE, Indonesia, Turkey etc. (some other Muslim majority countries less so, but it's more to do with insularism than anything else I think... maybe they need more immigrants... :squiffy:).

As far as the topic goes... I've no idea if Morrissey knows Sadiq Khan's dietary habits, and regardless, I somehow doubt that the new mayor makes a point of imposing them on others, however to simultaneously to put the gurning, Fox-hunting loving Farage on a pedestal is a troll too far. (And then there's this.)

Last edited:
Just as well Catholic girls never have their unwanted pregnancies terminated then. Ever.

Abortion is legal in secular countries. Refusing to eat meat not in many Sharia law countries.
As long as you continue to eat your cheesburger in al Islam you should be good to go.

One guy's interpretation of Islam. And there are plenty of vegetarian places in UAE, Indonesia, Turkey etc. (some other Muslim majority countries less so, but it's more to do with insularism than anything else I think... maybe they need more immigrants... :squiffy:).

As far as the topic goes... I've no idea if Morrissey knows Sadiq Khan's dietary habits, and regardless, I somehow doubt that the new mayor makes a point of imposing them on others, however to simultaneously to put the gurning, Fox-hunting loving Farage on a pedestal is a troll too far. (And then there's this.)

Thats like saying what comes out of the Vatican is but an interpretation of the Catholic faith.
Islam apologists live with their head firmly stuck in the sand.

Gotta hand it to the anti-Muslim troll. He is persistent.

I get the impression that a lot of people in Europe are more interested in defending Islam than worrying about innocent victims being killed. No matter what is done in the name of Islam they will find a way to defend it, its very odd.

Even when the leaders of Isis go on the internet and state that they want to destroy the West because of their lifestyle, they refuse to believe it.

Not really dude. There are parts of the interview I don't agree with. I don't see Galloway as a liberal educator. However you were quick to say Morrissey was racist due to his comments about the new mayor. From what I've read in the press no-one but you has claimed that.

Morrissey has denigrated so many politicians over the years but the minute he takes a kick at a Muslim one you automatically brand him racist. I'd say, and its pretty clear to anyone who visits this site, that the one with the entrenched view is you. What's even funnier is you can't see it.

not really. If you search on twitter morrissey racist or morrissey farage, a lot of people are saying moz comments about khan are either racist or islamophobic. A few examples here:

Well, 'racist' has lost its meaning. If you dont want to vote for person X you are called a racist, and if you vote fore person X you are called a racist by people who dont have the clue what the term means.

Most of the people who use the term as an insult, like the ones on the twitter you posted are borderline illiterate.

(And then there's this.)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If anything makes my blood boil it's the slaughtering of these majestic animals so people can put stupid shit on their mantelpieces.

Nigel Farage is a c*** of the highest rank.

But yeah, let's reserve our scorn for the Paki who speaks too fast.

Last edited:
Even when the leaders of Isis go on the internet and state that they want to destroy the West because of their lifestyle, they refuse to believe it.

Too late mate, the West already destroyed itself. Without any Islamic radicals.

Да здравствует Россия

Too late mate, the West already destroyed itself. Without any Islamic radicals.

Да здравствует Россия

Putin is bad because he tells off the Islamists which Europe doesnt because they are scared of them. Thats the bottom line, instead of facing up to reality they spend their time thinking up excuses.

Abortion is legal in secular countries. Refusing to eat meat not in many Sharia law countries.
As long as you continue to eat your cheesburger in al Islam you should be good to go.

Yeah. You kinda missed the point.

not really. If you search on twitter morrissey racist or morrissey farage, a lot of people are saying moz comments about khan are either racist or islamophobic. A few examples here:

Morrissey has a history of pillorying politicians and royals and about the worst insult he can think up is call someone a meat eater or hunter which is a bit childish but it is what it is. Morrissey has insulted Thatcher, the Royals, Trump, Obama, Clinton et la for years. However the minute he throws some shade at a Muslim politician he racist. Once again political correctness gone mad. Apparently its OK for him to have a pop at Trump but God forbid he insults a Muslim.

Morrissey has a history of pillorying politicians and royals and about the worst insult he can think up is call someone a meat eater or hunter which is a bit childish but it is what it is. Morrissey has insulted Thatcher, the Royals, Trump, Obama, Clinton et la for years. However the minute he throws some shade at a Muslim politician he racist. Once again political correctness gone mad. Apparently its OK for him to have a pop at Trump but God forbid he insults a Muslim.
There is some truth to this but he does get a lot of flack here lately over his anti-royal campaign and his comments wishing for the death of Thatcher. In the past I think that type of thing used to be celebrated.
Morrissey has reason to mention halal meat beyond any bigoted views he may have, but at the same time with his history of xenophobic statements it's not completely unreasonable to see that little remark as being about more than animal rights.
It's kind of his own fault for contradicting himself and refusing to explain certain things he has said.

There is some truth to this but he does get a lot of flack here lately over his anti-royal campaign and his comments wishing for the death of Thatcher. In the past I think that type of thing used to be celebrated.
Morrissey has reason to mention halal meat beyond any bigoted views he may have, but at the same time with his history of xenophobic statements it's not completely unreasonable to see that little remark as being about more than animal rights.
It's kind of his own fault for contradicting himself and refusing to explain certain things he has said.

My assumption was that halal is still a fairly gruesome way for an animal to meet its death even though Muslims consider it a more 'humane' way of killing an animal. I actually had that explained to me by a Muslim friend of mine. My friend knows I'm a vegan so he knew my response would be that there is nothing 'humane' about slitting an animal's throat. So my assumption is that Morrissey is making the same point when bringing up the halal aspect, although no-one ever knows for sure what is going through his mind. Probably only his mother as Noel Gallagher once famously remarked, LOL.

My assumption was that halal is still a fairly gruesome way for an animal to meet its death even though Muslims consider it a more 'humane' way of killing an animal. I actually had that explained to me by a Muslim friend of mine. My friend knows I'm a vegan so he knew my response would be that there is nothing 'humane' about slitting an animal's throat. So my assumption is that Morrissey is making the same point when bringing up the halal aspect, although no-one ever knows for sure what is going through his mind. Probably only his mother as Noel Gallagher once famously remarked, LOL.
PETA's stance is that halal is (extra) cruel so I'd guess that is his position, too. But you're right that he doesn't really discriminate when calling people out on their cruel practices.

George Galloway is very popular in Scotland and I believe Nigel farage has a lot of support in engerland, are the millions of people who support these men also "nuts" have they gone "Adolf" and "full racist"? Or do they just have a opinion which differs from yours? And mine btw

Well, since you-re using "support" as a cop/out, it is well documented that, back in the 1930s, millions did indeed vote for Adolf, in fact tens of of millions of people. And, yes, they were "full racists", unless you're willing to stoop as low as saying that not even Nazi Germany was racist or Nazi.

If you don't know anything about Nigel, why mention him?

I said I didn't know much about him...but what I did know...
I have seen some videos of him acting like the racism promoting politicians in the US. Using the same language and fear mongering to camouflage their support of racism behind religion, patriotism, and fear mongering.

I didn't see the similarities that would attract someone to the two politicians.

Your dismissive response without really comprehending what I said pretty much ends our discussion though

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom