Gail Shea spokesperson responds to Morrissey's statement about Canadian seal hunt

A spokesperson for Gail Shea has responded to Morrissey's comments :

Morrissey attacks Fisheries Minister Gail Shea in blog post claiming ‘Canada’s sorry image is due entirely to its seal slaughter’ - National Post

Excerpt:

A spokesperson for Shea has responded to Morrissey’s statement, saying his comments “reveal a total ignorance of the Canadian seal hunt.”

Anyone who takes a careful look at the seal hunt will see that it is humane, sustainable, and well-regulated,” minister spokesperson Sophie Doucet said in an email to the Post. “In fact, the process used in the seal hunt was designed by international veterinary experts, and is the most stringent of any wild animal hunt in the world.

This is clearly just another case of a millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby, shamelessly regurgitating misinformation and myths that fringe animal-rights groups have been pushing for years. In the future, I would urge Mr. Morrissey to consider the impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities."

gail-shea.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam & Eve hide their SHAME by LEAVEing animated GIFs. (fig is gif for the Language of the Bird challenged.) It must be cold in Eden, Adam's nipples could cut glass. :squiffy:

Faith: Claiming to know things you don't know.

11059773184_9e1fc476b3_o.png

Pretending to know that Adam & Eve hide their SHAME by LEAVEing animated GIFs.

How ignorant. How arrogant. How FBE.

He is parroting the animal rights ideology, almost verbatim. Not that he can't write original thoughts. I'm sure he can and does.

Now this might surprise you but this is just stuff I started thinking about when I was 16. I guess other people have come to the same conclusions.

Now this might surprise you but this is just stuff I started thinking about when I was 16. I guess other people have come to the same conclusions.

With all do respect James, unless you are in your sixties or seventies, you are standing on the shoulders of giants. You may have been hyper-aware and insightful at a young age, but your arguments have been groomed and fine-tuned from outside influences--things you have seen, heard, and read. Unless you are of course suggesting that you are a prodigy--a Mozart--born to play, err, I mean, philosophize.

With all do respect James, unless you are in your sixties or seventies, you are standing on the shoulders of giants. You may have been hyper-aware and insightful at a young age, but your arguments have been groomed and fine-tuned from outside influences--things you have seen, heard, and read. Unless you are of course suggesting that you are a prodigy--a Mozart--born to play, err, I mean, philosophize.

Actually I'm 19.

So I guess I am a Mozart.

Blimey, Jamesdn is a genius.
Who'd a thunk it?
You know, what the f***, I think I'll be one aswell.

Boyfriend out with the mates again? Looking for a fight? Bored? In need of being entertained? Perhaps you should be the one getting 'a life'.

No, me and my boyfriend are having a great drink together watching Withnail & I, we've been dancing to some 80s electro.

Can't you get a f***ing life?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom