game forum?

mell

loves moz
Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to start a game forum? I don't mean to offend others, but I'm sort of tired of seeing the song ranking games in General Discussion. They are never going to die! They aren't really "discussions" so I think maybe a new forum should/could be started? Off-topic games could be put there too?

Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to start a game forum? I don't mean to offend others, but I'm sort of tired of seeing the song ranking games in General Discussion. They are never going to die! They aren't really "discussions" so I think maybe a new forum should/could be started? Off-topic games could be put there too?

That is a good suggestion. I'd like to hold off on creating new forums unless absolutely necessary.

There is a new 'thread prefixes' feature in the recently updated version. I added 'Game' as a prefix so it's easy to differentiate. Let's see how that works. Also added 'News' and 'Question' prefixes. Any other suggestions?

i second this!!!!

That is a good suggestion. I'd like to hold off on creating new forums unless absolutely necessary.

There is a new 'thread prefixes' feature in the recently updated version. I added 'Game' as a prefix so it's easy to differentiate. Let's see how that works. Also added 'News' and 'Question' prefixes. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, but that doesn't really help - half of the first page of GD is still spammed with those games.

As a player, I agree, though it doesn't make me too happy. Games like Albums games can be 2 or 3 or over 20, so we better keep them isolated I think. However, at least in the General forum, if it wasn't for the games sometimes it's terribly quiet.
But yes, games could be in their own thread, it makes sense. Besides, in those Albums games, you can only play once a day, so it's no problem. :cool:

As a player, I agree, though it doesn't make me too happy. Games like Albums games can be 2 or 3 or over 20, so we better keep them isolated I think. However, at least in the General forum, if it wasn't for the games sometimes it's terribly quiet.
But yes, games could be in their own thread, it makes sense. Besides, in those Albums games, you can only play once a day, so it's no problem. :cool:

OK I'm thinking of putting up a new forum for Polls / Games. What else can go in there?

OK I'm thinking of putting up a new forum for Polls / Games. What else can go in there?

I had my doubts about throwing polls together with games, but it's a way to keep polls under control too, it seems every silly question demands a poll :p
I think tha should be it, games and polls. But all of them, right? No off-topic polls/other music polls sub-division...?

Polls/Games forum is good idea.

It doesn't mean you can't post poll threads on off-topic, I suppose.

Polls/Games forum is good idea.

It doesn't mean you can't post poll threads on off-topic, I suppose.

So are polls in the OT forum ok? I mean, I don't mind, but doesn't it get silly when a poll is started right after any thread that ends with a question mark?

So, General Discussion games and polls will be together with off-topic threads?
To be honest, I don't like this idea at all :( Oh well...

So, General Discussion games and polls will be together with off-topic threads?
To be honest, I don't like this idea at all :( Oh well...

It's not a good idea to put games/polls posted on general discussion and off-topic polls.

No need for restrict topics on off-topic.

It's not a good idea to put games/polls posted on general discussion and off-topic polls.

No need for restrict topics on off-topic.

Ok, that's true. But then the games forum will be just Morrissey-related games?

DavidT must be going crazy by now :p
I personally think a Games forum makes sense.

Wait. Yes.

Yes.

Still debating. I am not conviced there are enough game threads to justify a new forum. As dicartright mentioned, it's quiet right now so they seem to be taking over. I don't recall them being an issue in the past.

I cannot imaging needing a "game forum."

I don't think there would ever be more than two pages of game threads.

Of course at one time, I didn't think that the "world wide web" would catch on. :rolleyes:

I cannot imaging needing a "game forum."

I don't think there would ever be more than two pages of game threads.

Of course at one time, I didn't think that the "world wide web" would catch on. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's not a matter of how many pages, but how they sometimes seem to take over the first page.

Maybe expanding the pages from 20 threads to, say, 30? :confused:

But right now I thing the colours are working, game, question, news... That's a good change.
I wonder if that's not enough.

Tags
brown nose kissing moderator butt
Back
Top Bottom