Ganglord Video

Apparently, somebody is gonna get in trouble for this.

The video has been taken down.

I was told that it's been around since Christmas 09 and it's a bootleg.

I sort of wondered if the footage of Morrissey & gang had been shot for something else - a different video that had been shelved - and then this guy reused it for an unofficial Ganglord video. However it came about, it's a shame that it won't ever be seen commercially b/c I think it's way more interesting than any official video of the last few years with maybe the exception of The Youngest, and maybe You Have Killed Me.

I missed this on the forums but found it via the main page - so sorry for being a Johnny come lately.

Some news at last, sort of, best thread for a long time (that's no a difficult category at the moment).

I think the video is fab; great concept if a little poorly executed, if the actors weren't quite so beautiful then it would be perfect. A great single opportuity missed.

I wonder what the back story behind it is/was - and why it was pulled from some sites?

Dave

There is an interesting update for anyone who is interested.

Jeff992 on the main page took some photos of Evergreen Cemetery in Boyle Heights Los Angeles that match the monuments and landscaping from the video. Some of the photos include the lion, the tall, thin trees, and the monument with the saints which in its entirely appears to be a japanese monument.

So, there you go.

Jeff992 on the main page took some photos of Evergreen Cemetery in Boyle Heights Los Angeles that match the monuments and landscaping from the video. Some of the photos include the lion, the tall, thin trees, and the monument with the saints which in its entirely appears to be a japanese monument.

So, there you go.

Boyle Heights is in that transistion on the 10 where it veers off toward San Pedro while it takes a wide berth around downtown. Whenever I drive that stretch (it's technically quicker to take the 10 to the 101, to the 110 then hop back on the 10 to get to Santa Monica,) I always think "What the heck is in Boyle Heights?" Apparently a cemetery. :p

This information will be included in my new book "Morrissey's Moz-Angeles" :lbf:

So, there you go.

And who is the striking woman in the video (1:06, 2:19 etc.)? Just a model I suppose? She's not as enigmatic as the girl in the How Soon is Now video, who a million men fell in love with, but she's quite special...

When I first saw the video I thought it was Sasha Grey but as I kept watching it she seemed less like the sultry vixen... But I can dream, Morrissey, Sasha in a music video! Maybe "My Dearest Love" or "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"

How long before Moz fans are seen dancing amongst the graves...

Back
Top Bottom