Ganglord Video

Really bad. Why would the police be going after such good looking actors? I don't see the connect with the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (at least I think its that cemetery). Waste of film. Still pictures of Morrissey, Solomon and Jesse would be much better to look at.

*high fives Fran*

So, half the Lads had better things to do, so the director chappy phoned up the local modelling agency if they had anyone who could look miserable and slouch a bit? I liked the dancing :lbf: but the rest of it was plums!

Pretty boring video i'd say, some footage of moz Black and white-ified to make it harder to spot the difference between the Moz footage and the footage they shot themselves. It would be interesting to know where they got it from.

I think this is the director:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dennisefroberts

Dennis Roberts’s Specialties:
Editing, post-production

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Roberts’s Experience
Music Video / Commercial Director
Self Employed (Self-employed)
(Self-Employed; Performing Arts industry)

2009 — Present (1 year )

Thanks for this find Ripper!
This is so much better than his recent videos. I wonder why hasn't it been released :confused:

Great find! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

WOW! I cant believe how many of you are hating this.
I thought it was lovely and very atmospheric, bit more Moz wouldve been appreciated, couldnt give a damn about those random people, but hey ho.. :rolleyes:

Really wonderful.
I was wondering, how did you find that?
Good find. I imagine it was supposed to serve as Swords' promo video.

Really wonderful.
I was wondering, how did you find that?
Good find. I imagine it was supposed to serve as Swords' promo video.

Yes, probably. I just don't understand why it wasn't used. It's a great video - in fact after watching it a couple of times , I must say it's perfect for the song and one of the best Morrissey videos - the cinematography is fantastic :thumb:

Definitely a great video, I think it's the right amount of grittiness and it's nice to see a different kind of video from Morrissey!

And Moz looked so lovely:love:

Yes, probably. I just don't understand why it wasn't used. It's a great video - in fact after watching it a couple of times , I must say it's perfect for the song and one of the best Morrissey videos - the cinematography is fantastic :thumb:

I agree w/ you.
I've seen it many time and much attentively. I don't know why Morrissey didn't use it, 'cause it's wonderful, funny (I love the scenes which Morrissey is dancin' with Jesse).

From the hyperbole surrounding this I was expecting Morrissey's equivalent of Citizen Kane... I felt like I was watching Traffic Cops in arty black n white. Still better than most of his videos though

So what to do with this video now then? How to squeeze a lemon dry?

Lets release a video compilation of all Morrissey's singles since 2004. And stick this on as an added bonus.

WOW! I cant believe how many of you are hating this.
I thought it was lovely and very atmospheric, bit more Moz wouldve been appreciated, couldnt give a damn about those random people, but hey ho.. :rolleyes:

If it was re-edited to get rid of the random people and replace them with footage of a nice shade of cream emulsion drying gently in the sun, then I'd probably give the video a second watch.

If it was re-edited to get rid of the random people and replace them with footage of a nice shade of cream emulsion drying gently in the sun, then I'd probably give the video a second watch.

Yeah, the director could've added live show footage instead of some random people.

For a Morrissey video, it's quite fine! At least it's not just "point camera and record band miming" dullness. It has a brooding atmosphere and quirkiness, as in the dancing, which reminds me of this for some reason..

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE_X3-EZz7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE_X3-EZz7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I thought of this....50 secs in....

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9c7Emddlcek&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

and this...24 seconds in....
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2kI5w98Qas&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2kI5w98Qas&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I think this just goes to show how desperate we all are around here. It's actually NEW news!!
But it aint a 'great' video. I mean really, any first year film student could have done this better. It's got that shot in Shit-o-scope grainy Super8 look (probably faked in digital post) that Stan Brakhage developed nearly half a century back. The cutting is half-assed (drunken goats, etc.). The shots of shadows playing over statues are the kinds of things my 5 year old niece would reckon passé on her HD cameraphone.
It's only interest is because of the man being 'filmed', not the style of filming. But then that could be said of pretty much every Morrissey video since the excellent Tim Broad shuffled off. It's 'nice' to see him in the cemetry. And playing Arthur to Jesse's Martha whilst waltzing over those old broken stones. But think of all that beautiful Californian light, rendered like shit by Bryan Carberry. (That's some chutzpah to put your name to this effort!)
It looks to me like Dennis and Bryan were given about 10 minutes by some of the band, got what they could on pish poor equipment, then filled out the remainder with footage of their mates, statues, fences, and stuff.
The idea that any record company would consider this as a legit promo is a joke. What with this and the skater dude guy who shot 'AYNIM' I just think, what does he see in these kids? :confused:

err...actually Morrissey was dancing the part of the woman. His right arm was up to Jesse's left arm. Thus, Jess was being the man.

Strictly Come Dancing has a lot to answer for! :lbf:

I thought it was quite romantic.:blushing:.... without detracting from the wonderfulness of the song. Bloody excellent song - never off my itunes .... soooo good!

Beautiful. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom