Ganglord?

lebon21

It doesn't seem like Morrissey is doing Ganglord anymore. Darn - one of my favorites!!!!!!! At least Queen is Dead is back on the list :)

It doesn't seem like Morrissey is doing Ganglord anymore. Darn - one of my favorites!!!!!!! At least Queen is Dead is back on the list :)

Looks like it got dropped at the expense of At Last I am Bored

Couldn't have picked a worse song to replace with.

Seriously, it's the only Morrissey song I can't bare listening to.

You Must Please Remember?

Ah, well I'll avoid that then.
I havn't particularly warmed to 'Dagenham Dave', so I dread the thought of hearing the b-side of it :p

Nobody Loves Us (The other b-side) is perhaps the most brillaint song Morrissey has ever written...

Ah, well I'll avoid that then.
I havn't particularly warmed to 'Dagenham Dave', so I dread the thought of hearing the b-side of it :p

Keep in mind that with Morrissey, the general rule is the lesser the a-side, the greater the b-side. Hence, with "Dagenham Dave" - one of Morrissey's lesser A-sides - comes "Nobody Loves Us" - one of his greatest songs ever.

Do not avoid it, You must please remember is a fantastic song.

I just can't stand the ratatatat in that song...it just drones too long...other than that it's a great song...if I heard that ratatatat live...would probably kill me

You Must Please Remember?

...I'm speechless...

B-side to Dagenham Dave...I dread to hear how it would sound live....

What?! If you don't like the song in the first place, I can understand not wanting to hear it live. But I don't see anything in it that seems like it would sound especially inferior live.

Do not avoid it, You must please remember is a fantastic song.

She's correct.

"You Must Please Remember" is a wonderful gem!

So is he or she. :)

I just can't stand the ratatatat in that song...it just drones too long...other than that it's a great song...if I heard that ratatatat live...would probably kill me

You've redeemed yourself here...slightly...I just don't know what exactly you referring to as "ratatatat".

And to get back on topic, I'm disappointed Ganglord has been dropped. At first, seeing it played so much, I was getting sick of it (don't know how I could get sick of hearing it live when I wasn't going to every concert though :p), but I thought it sounded fantastic on the Greatest Hits Tour when having heard it at the end of the Ringleader Tour I didn't really notice it that much. I also really like At Last I Am Born and thought it was very good live, but I'd probably prefer Ganglord. :)

You've redeemed yourself here...slightly...I just don't know what exactly you referring to as "ratatatat".

That Repeative sound that comes after "I've done so many things in my life...."

Keep in mind that with Morrissey, the general rule is the lesser the a-side, the greater the b-side. Hence, with "Dagenham Dave" - one of Morrissey's lesser A-sides - comes "Nobody Loves Us" - one of his greatest songs ever.

Well I don't think that theory is consistent. Some of the b-sides from You Are The Quarry and Ringleader are quite dull and uninspired.

However I will take your word for it, and have a listen to 'Nobody Loves Us'.

Well I don't think that theory is consistent. Some of the b-sides from You Are The Quarry and Ringleader are quite dull and uninspired.

However I will take your word for it, and have a listen to 'Nobody Loves Us'.

The Never Played Symphonies and Friday Mourning are of course the best b-sides SINCE Nobody Loves Us...

That Repeative sound that comes after "I've done so many things in my life...."

That line isn't in the song. "I've done so many stupid things" is close though. ;) That "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh" thing in the background, that is repeated a few times at the end of the song? If so, that's what I guessed you were referring to after listening to it again. I can see why someone might find it annoying, but I actually really like it, whatever. :p

That line isn't in the song. "I've done so many stupid things" is close though. ;) That "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh" thing in the background, that is repeated a few times at the end of the song? If so, that's what I guessed you were referring to after listening to it again. I can see why someone might find it annoying, but I actually really like it, whatever. :p

It's been a while since I've given it a listen..I just hate anything that's repetitive...I think it's the Sparks Remix of Suedehead...that repeats Sohhhhh-hoarrrrrrrr for like 3 minutes...it's worse than Chinese Waiter torture

The Never Played Symphonies and Friday Mourning are of course the best b-sides SINCE Nobody Loves Us...

Edges comes in-between those and it's my favorite b-side. :cool: Friday Mourning and Symphonies are up there though of course. For me the hardest group of songs for me to pick a favorite from is the Quarry b-sides. Every other group, Your Arsenal songs, Ringleader b-sides, Smiths non-album singles, I can easily pick a favorite. But almost all the Quarry b-sides are tied for me...

Back
Top Bottom