Gary day suggests...

Please God, no! The last thing we need is a return to the mediocre, plodding, indie chug-rock style that characterised most of the 95-2010 era. It was largely awful.
I'm thinking more 1991-2004. Can't really hear any plodding or chugging rock on those records. He made some of his best work in those years, working with those people.

Dream:
Moz and the lads (Boz, Gaz, Alain, Spencer) do a rockabilly tinged album. 12 songs. Seven originals, five covers. Some fiery barn stompers, some ballads. Recorded in Memphis, Sun Studios. Moz grows his sideburns back, quiffs his hair up properly, loses 20 pounds and hits the gym. Lots of denim and (fake) leather. Joe Chicarelli does not produce.
The cover versions are:
Johnny Burnette - Dreamin'
Elvis - The Girl of My Best Friend
Johnny Cash - Big River
Warren Smith - Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache
Charlie Feathers - One Hand Loose

Last edited:
Count me in.
Also: Boz is able to convince Moz to record "Storm the embassy" by Stray Cats as a UK bonus track only.
Morrissey wears original Vince Taylor outfits on all dates of the worldwide shows.

Count me in.
Also: Boz is able to convince Moz to record "Storm the embassy" by Stray Cats as a UK bonus track only.
The ghost of Jo Slee on backing vocals.

However, the idea might be, that Morrissey slowly replaces his original first solo band band throughout the last few songs of the set with Mando, Matt, Jesse and Gustav, before Alain Whyte would be joined by Morrissey for a rendition of one of his new songs (Once I saw the river clean).

🤒

maybe boz can front alaint the air fare to the uk:lbf:
50 yrs, and 0 jobs🤒

However, the idea might be, that Morrissey slowly replaces his original first solo band band throughout the last few songs of the set with Mando, Matt, Jesse and Gustav, before Alain Whyte would be joined by Morrissey for a rendition of one of his new songs (Once I saw the river clean).
Does this idea still involve John Riggers at some point?

Last edited:
Alain does a fairly good Morrissey impersonation so I'm placing my bet on his doing the vocals.

Riggers and Hogg, frantic for fame, they're all on the game. They just use a different name (like Damon).

Alain will need someone on his side. He can't carry the torch in a 3 piece line-up alone.

Riggers and Hogg, frantic for fame, they're all on the game. They just use a different name (like Damon).

Alain will need someone on his side. He can't carry the torch in a 3 piece line-up alone.
I have a feeling Damon is indeed trying his best to avoid fame at all cost but I see you really have it in for him.

Johnny Bridgwood?

🤒
the car wreck lawnmower tour:lbf:
should get ordinaryboythief as manager, even the mickey d gift cards will bounce:blushing:

Ok, let's get back to topic.
It's a bit sad, that the 3 guys from 1991 are heading out for a tour that will contain old Morrissey fan faves and a few nice tunes of themselves. If it's really a rough 3-piece, I bet Alain has the lion's part to do. Strongly sweating men far over 50, who have to exert themselves physically very hard, are no rarity in the rock circus. But it really needs His Master's Voice to give it some more glamour.

Please God, no! The last thing we need is a return to the mediocre, plodding, indie chug-rock style that characterised most of the 95-2010 era. It was largely awful.
This sure is a Take.

Back
Top Bottom